Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-15, 01:31 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts
Re: The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Originally Posted by kenbuzz
I just stitched together a photo of my "Monsarno Village" for TSTOAddicts, thought I'd share here as well:

Size:
Spoiler:
Looks great! Have you added the ticket booth yet?
Old 05-14-15, 07:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 383 Likes on 244 Posts

I got that a couple of hours AFTER I took that photo. I knew it was coming, but if you wait until you get "done" you'll never get "done".
Old 05-14-15, 08:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 383 Likes on 244 Posts

BTW - There are quite a number of limited-time quests that have been popping up that are completely unrelated to the Terwilliger event. Some of them - like those associated with the Level 52 introduction - will wait around for you so there's absolutely no rush... you can keep your Springfielders on task to generate Masks and DNA, etc. But a few of them are limited time only.

The latest ties-in to this weekend's episode. The "Print Is Dead" questline goes away on 5/19 if you haven't started it yet, but once you get it going you'll have until 6/19 to complete it. Like other limited-time questlines, the key is to just get it going long enough for it's icon to appear in your task list. Once there, you'll have an extra month to complete it. The icon for "Print Is Dead" is:

That's the Anti-Gutenberg 3000. It would look great next the the Book Burning Mobile or in front of your Library. Here's the full questline:
Spoiler:
Print Is Dead
Pt 1: (Autostart) Bart 6h
Pt 2: (Bart) Bart 8h
Pt 3: (Bart) Bart 4h
Pt 4: (Bart) Willie 2h
AWARD: Anti-Gutenberg 3000
Old 05-15-15, 11:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I snagged Lard Lad Donuts from the Mystery Box last night! Had no place to put it so I bought about a million bucks worth of land. I'm way behind in the Monsarno event, hoping like hell I can pull off the Opera House and Opera Krusty, I don't really care about the rest. Finally stopped playing Family Guy. TSTO is better in every way.
Old 05-19-15, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Maude is finally useful!

Building Toward the Sky quest
Spoiler:
is forcing me to reach level 15. I was never quite sure whether to keep upgrading or not, so I just got to 13 using stored-up resources.

And what the heck is up with Running Out the Clock,
Spoiler:
which is requiring 100 squished clones and 10 crafted items. I assume it's doable crafting minor items, so I'll probably get around to it at some point, even though I suspect the reward is probably not that great.
Old 05-19-15, 05:24 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm trying to decide what to focus on for the remainder of the event.

I have the following crafted:

Sani-John Smokehouse, Springfield Farmers Market, Gas and Grub, Monsarno Cafeteria,Chimp Resources, Library, Human Resources, Outdoor Opera Seats, Outdoor Ticket Booth.

I have enough, currently, that I have my choice to craft the following (I'm sure my supplies will fall below necessary levels to craft more than one):

Cane Field, Monsarno Flower Wall, Cactus Patch, Simpson Houseboat

I don't have enough to craft these yet:

Homer Decoy, Welcome Bob Sign

I have 6176 fertilizer , 8090 Corn, 2594 DNA, 9861 Masks, 12918 notes. I need 16050 to get the last reward, Dame Judith Underdunk.

My Herbacide level is at 16 (I have enough to upgrade)

My Monsarno Research level is 21 (I have enough to upgrade)

My Outdoor Opera Stage is level 6 (I have enough to upgrade)

I am thinking the Houseboat at this point since I can craft it. Upgrading the opera stage to level 7 says it gives me another outdoor seating area and increases the masks earned from tasks.

If I were to upgrade the research to level 22, it says I'd increase fertilizer, DNA, and corn rewards from tasks. Upgrading the herbicide to level 17 says it just increases the area for each tap. Not sure its worth it to upgrade these any more since I think I have all the rewards that use fertilizer and corn, at least that I want. I need more masks and DNA for the remaining items.
Old 05-19-15, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

The good thing about upgrading the Opera House is that until you get to level 10 I think, you'll unlock more characters who can earn masks. The early 12- and 8-hour tasks are kind of annoying because I usually can't play regularly enough to have them constantly earning currency (e.g., starting tasks at 11 p.m., 7 a.m., and 3 p.m.--I always end up at odd hours at some point).

The main item I want to craft from act 3 is the houseboat since that generates $ and XP.
Old 05-19-15, 07:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by davidh777
And what the heck is up with Running Out the Clock,
Spoiler:
which is requiring 100 squished clones and 10 crafted items. I assume it's doable crafting minor items, so I'll probably get around to it at some point, even though I suspect the reward is probably not that great.
If you get it, it will be worthless. If you don't get it, it'll be the greatest thing ever.
Old 05-19-15, 07:22 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by bippitty
If you get it, it will be worthless. If you don't get it, it'll be the greatest thing ever.
Pretty much. But kenbuzz's spoilered post shows that it's just a note reward so nothing special there. I will get extra masks in my tasks, I guess.
Old 05-19-15, 07:33 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Ended up raising the opera theater to level 9 which gave criminals and high rollers( I think) tasks that generate masks.

So I have to save up again for the houseboat which is the one I only care about getting. If I can get the other things, cool, but I'm not going to lose sleep if I don't.
Old 05-20-15, 05:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Finished the event. Got the Homer dummy and now trying to get the boat.
Old 05-21-15, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Looks like the new event update finally fixed the issue of fertilizer tasks not being highlighted.

Got Dame Judith and have stopped upgrading the buildings so I'm concentrating on the houseboat now.

Last edited by davidh777; 05-21-15 at 12:53 PM.
Old 05-21-15, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by davidh777
Looks like the new event finally fixed the issue of fertilizer tasks not being highlighted.
I noticed that, too. Just in time for the end of the event!

I got Dame Judith, finished the main questline, and crafted the houseboat. Now I'm focused on getting the Homer decoy and then the other remaining items. I've banked enough corn and masks, so I have my residents earning DNA and fertilizer. It's going to be close. I doubt I'll earn enough additional DNA to get the sign. This will be the first event since I started playing in which I didn't get every non-premium item.

Honestly, I'm ready for this event to be over. There was too little of a break in between it and the superhero one.
Old 05-21-15, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm ready for a break too.

I've been playing several times a day. Some days almost opening the game every hour during the day. :S
Old 05-21-15, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by DJLinus
I noticed that, too. Just in time for the end of the event!

I got Dame Judith, finished the main questline, and crafted the houseboat. Now I'm focused on getting the Homer decoy and then the other remaining items. I've banked enough corn and masks, so I have my residents earning DNA and fertilizer. It's going to be close. I doubt I'll earn enough additional DNA to get the sign. This will be the first event since I started playing in which I didn't get every non-premium item.

Honestly, I'm ready for this event to be over. There was too little of a break in between it and the superhero one.
I checked my stocks, and I still need a lot more masks if I'm going to get the boat.

Originally Posted by Raul3
I'm ready for a break too.

I've been playing several times a day. Some days almost opening the game every hour during the day. :S
Those one-hour mask tasks force you to stay active, especially since some of those characters have no other mask tasks.
Old 05-21-15, 03:47 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

I noticed that, too. Just in time for the end of the event! I got Dame Judith, finished the main questline, and crafted the houseboat. Now I'm focused on getting the Homer decoy and then the other remaining items. I've banked enough corn and masks, so I have my residents earning DNA and fertilizer. It's going to be close. I doubt I'll earn enough additional DNA to get the sign. This will be the first event since I started playing in which I didn't get every non-premium item. Honestly, I'm ready for this event to be over. There was too little of a break in between it and the superhero one.
I'm about at the same point. Got the houseboat. Got Dame Judith. Trying for the homer decoy. I need more DNA and masks. I'm at 2100 DNA and 1200 masks. The only other things I'm missing are the cactus patch, flower wall, and the welcome bob sign. I think I got everything else.
Old 05-21-15, 07:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Getting closer to the boat. Tonight or tomorrow morning I guess.

And then to decide what else to get.
Old 05-22-15, 07:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

I'm about 1000 DNA away from the Bob sign. I already have the boat and got the decoy last night.
Old 05-22-15, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

I feel like I fell behind after I got sidetracked on the meaningless quest to upgrade the opera stage. But I should be able to get the last 400 masks for the houseboat today.
Old 05-22-15, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I think I've downloaded the update and signed in to Origin six times in the last two days.
Old 05-22-15, 06:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by majorjoe23
I'm about 1000 DNA away from the Bob sign. I already have the boat and got the decoy last night.
We are in the same... boat.

Got the decoy, then the boat. And now looking to get the Welcome Bob sign. I'm at 2173/4500.

After that I'm probably just getting cane fields.
Old 05-24-15, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

I got the Homer decoy but am pretty far away from the Bob sign. I just didn't plan very well, not realizing how much DNA I'd need and how slow a rate that's earned at. So I might just have to burn it off on cane and cactus.

It didn't help that I missed Cecil last task again last night. As I've mentioned, my tasks begin at 9 p.m., and an initial six-hour task ends up burning at least nine. Then the last was four hours and I didn't start it till 5:30 when I was headed out to a movie, so my only chance was to burn a load of donuts immediately, which I chose not to do as I didn't know if that'd make any difference in getting me to the next crafting item and the donuts by themselves could probably get me something better.

I have been picking up a lot of donuts recently so I'm checking to see if there's an event item I want. The rolling rock is a good multiplier but not as good as some like the jet bike so I'll probably look at buildings with characters instead. A couple have only one- and two-hour build cycles, which I don't like.
Old 05-24-15, 10:18 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Also got the homer decoy. I did get a cane field as well. I think my can craft the cactus patch. Then the only things missing are the bob sign and flower wall. Overall I've been successful in getting everything else out of the event.

To get both id need 5300 dna, I have 200 currently, and 10000 fertilizer, I have 6600 currently. I will have less fertilizer if I craft the cactus patch, it'd drop me 2250. Not sure if I'd get enough before the end of the event for all 3 items.

Last edited by Canis Firebrand; 05-24-15 at 10:23 AM.
Old 05-26-15, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts

Looks like they've extended the event for an undetermined amount of time. I played it safe and crafted all I could last night. I ended up being able to get everything this event except for the sign. I still had over 1000 DNA to go for that one and there was no possible way I was going to collect that much. Oh, well. Even though it's still going on, I'm out and put my people on cash earning tasks.
Old 05-26-15, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Looks like they've extended the event for an undetermined amount of time. I played it safe and crafted all I could last night. I ended up being able to get everything this event except for the sign. I still had over 1000 DNA to go for that one and there was no possible way I was going to collect that much. Oh, well. Even though it's still going on, I'm out and put my people on cash earning tasks.
I was in EXACTLY the same situation as you: I had the Bob sign to go, but was 1000 DNA short, so I gave up and crafted some cane and cactus, then I checked it at the scheduled end, and it said "Ends soon! Craft now!" so I threw in an opera ticket booth. And then it keeps going.

I guess I'll continue to earn currency and see what happens. But realistically I probably have a better shot at another music-note bonus than crafting anything of any value.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.