Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Old 11-11-19, 11:43 PM

Received 1,889 Likes on 1,115 Posts
Re: The Simpsons: Tapped Out

This Halloween storyline was the most bizarre and convoluted story we've ever had in this game, I think. And I remember stories where we were getting yelled at by Moe, meta-style!
Old 02-05-20, 07:56 AM

Anyone else still playing? They haven't given us a lot of motivation to be social about how we play in a long time.

Apparently there was an update on January 30. Would've been nice if either 1. the app would've forced it for me (it didn't) or 2. it showed up in the app store when I've checked it every day since the last event ended (nope). Nothing like starting things off a week late!

Edit: I take it back. The interwebs are saying it's released today, even though the app store says it was last welast downloaded the update, but I can't find a way to trigger the event. Maybe it kicks off at a certain time.

Last edited by story; 02-05-20 at 08:11 AM.
Old 02-05-20, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm still playing. There are alot of rumors that the Simpsons is ending this year. I wonder if that means the same for Tapped Out?
Old 02-05-20, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,012 Likes on 837 Posts

Still playing , though the gods are telling me to quit since they capped the dollars I can earn. I bought up all the land and ocean I can still spend dollars on, and that got me another few days,

Thanks for posting, though. When I saw a response to this thread, I assumed there was an update today and managed to get it going before assigning everyone to their 24-hour tasks. Not that it really would’ve mattered, as the events are pretty straightforward.

As far as social aspects, yeah, there hasn’t been anything in a long time. I have one “friend” who still occasionally visits my town so I try to reciprocate, but half the time I hit the friends tab and everytone’s gone. Next time they’re all back.
Old 02-05-20, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 371 Likes on 265 Posts

Originally Posted by starseed1981
I'm still playing. There are alot of rumors that the Simpsons is ending this year. I wonder if that means the same for Tapped Out?
It's renewed through season 32.
Old 02-08-20, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

Still playing. Somehow missed on the Golden Goose Realty last year and noticed that's back as part of the Black History Month update, so that will make opening up the rest of the land easier.

Occasionally visit neighbors and I do miss the social events.

Even without the social aspect, the gameplay and storylines are still amusing and engaging enough to keep me playing regularly.
Old 04-16-23, 11:49 PM

This thread started exactly 10 years ago today!

I continue to play every day. I have 7500+ donuts and I'm pretty sure I have at least one copy of everything that costs donuts at this point. They keep adding land, so that helps!

The game is still funny to me, with good storylines and events. As we go through the seasons on Disney+ I will often say to my kids, "Oh, that's in my game!" And I like that it's from early, middle, and current seasons.

Who's still playing? I wish they had better neighbor interaction like the old days of laying snake eggs. I don't know if they'll ever go back to that sort of thing. But I miss it!
Old 04-17-23, 07:50 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 137 Likes on 106 Posts

Cool story...
Old 04-17-23, 07:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,150 Likes on 900 Posts

I tried it for a while when it was new but never got very into it. Big fan of The Simpsons but I’m not really into mobile games.
Old 04-18-23, 08:21 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,012 Likes on 837 Posts

Not sure I needed to know it’s been 10 years

But yeah, I’m still playing. Each morning I work on the metal, plastic, and glass depots, and set everyone else on 24-hour tasks. Because the depots use the central characters, they’re usually available if an event starts. Other characters can just wait till the next day.

All the events are pretty much run off the same template now—no random arena battles or innovations—but they still hand out a lot of characters and buildings. Nothing will ever match the stress and panic of the snake eggs, but nothing will ever match the sense of community cooperation either. Too bad.

Last edited by davidh777; 04-19-23 at 01:15 PM.
The following users liked this post:
story (04-18-23)
Old 04-19-23, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

The game stopped running on my old iPad, so I wasn't able to play for a while.

I got a newer iPad and installed, but haven't got back into playing regularly.