Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

SNL 02/08/20 (S45E13) -- H: RuPaul -- MG: Justin Bieber

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

SNL 02/08/20 (S45E13) -- H: RuPaul -- MG: Justin Bieber

Old 02-08-20, 01:39 PM
  #1  
DVD Talk Legend
Thread Starter
 
Goldberg74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 17,289
Received 121 Likes on 74 Posts
SNL 02/08/20 (S45E13) -- H: RuPaul -- MG: Justin Bieber

This is one scary promo... and I'm talking about Bieber's stache!



This is a bit better...



... oh, wait... that was Kate in that second promo... I thought it was...




Season 45 (2019-2020)
Old 02-08-20, 06:10 PM
  #2  
DVD Talk Legend
 
JeffTheAlpaca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: CA
Posts: 16,918
Received 210 Likes on 183 Posts
Re: SNL 02/08/20 (S45E13) -- H: RuPaul -- MG: Justin Bieber

Probably a lock to hear this on the show


Last edited by JeffTheAlpaca; 02-09-20 at 05:10 AM.
Old 02-08-20, 10:43 PM
  #3  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Trencher's Farm
Posts: 2,036
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Re: SNL 02/08/20 (S45E13) -- H: RuPaul -- MG: Justin Bieber

Okay...
Old 02-09-20, 05:10 AM
  #4  
DVD Talk Legend
 
JeffTheAlpaca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: CA
Posts: 16,918
Received 210 Likes on 183 Posts
Re: SNL 02/08/20 (S45E13) -- H: RuPaul -- MG: Justin Bieber

Chloe Fineman on Weekend Update

Is it ok to admit Iiked those Bieber songs?

I am getting that second tune off Itunes

Rupaul seems like a natural for the show and could probably do sketch comedy as a career if he wanted.
Old 02-09-20, 12:06 PM
  #5  
DVD Talk Legend
Thread Starter
 
Goldberg74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 17,289
Received 121 Likes on 74 Posts
Re: SNL 02/08/20 (S45E13) -- H: RuPaul -- MG: Justin Bieber

#whiteobama
Old 02-09-20, 05:22 PM
  #6  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 8,869
Received 362 Likes on 285 Posts
Re: SNL 02/08/20 (S45E13) -- H: RuPaul -- MG: Justin Bieber

jazzed about David Byrne in a couple of weeks.

I still wish they'd bring on new alternative acts though, in addition to the hip-hop and pop.
Old 02-10-20, 02:10 PM
  #7  
Enormous Genitals
 
Bandoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Posts: 34,820
Received 199 Likes on 117 Posts
Re: SNL 02/08/20 (S45E13) -- H: RuPaul -- MG: Justin Bieber

I can't wait for John Mulaney again. Best host in years, IMO.
Old 02-10-20, 02:39 PM
  #8  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 5,253
Likes: 0
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Re: SNL 02/08/20 (S45E13) -- H: RuPaul -- MG: Justin Bieber

I can't believe RuPaul is still a thing.
Old 02-10-20, 02:39 PM
  #9  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 8,869
Received 362 Likes on 285 Posts
Re: SNL 02/08/20 (S45E13) -- H: RuPaul -- MG: Justin Bieber

Originally Posted by Double_Oh_7 View Post
I can't believe RuPaul is still a thing.
Ask Henry Rollins
Old 02-10-20, 03:16 PM
  #10  
DVD Talk Legend
 
joeblow69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Palm Springs
Posts: 10,620
Received 80 Likes on 41 Posts
Re: SNL 02/08/20 (S45E13) -- H: RuPaul -- MG: Justin Bieber

Originally Posted by Double_Oh_7 View Post
I can't believe RuPaul is still a thing.
RuPaul has actually won a lot of Emmy Awards lately. I know Drag Race isn't really popular on this forum, but it's really taken off the past few years.




Old 02-10-20, 04:51 PM
  #11  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Austin, TX, USA
Posts: 9,041
Received 326 Likes on 243 Posts
Re: SNL 02/08/20 (S45E13) -- H: RuPaul -- MG: Justin Bieber

Originally Posted by Double_Oh_7 View Post
I can't believe RuPaul is still a thing.
Reality TV is like another world that exists on Saturn to me, especially the ones on cable. Every so often I will hear someone talk about how they are "addicted" to such and such a show, and I am just like
The following users liked this post:
Bandoman (02-11-20)
Old 02-10-20, 07:56 PM
  #12  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 543
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Re: SNL 02/08/20 (S45E13) -- H: RuPaul -- MG: Justin Bieber

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca View Post
Chloe Fineman on Weekend Update

Is it ok to admit Iiked those Bieber songs?

I am getting that second tune off Itunes

Rupaul seems like a natural for the show and could probably do sketch comedy as a career if he wanted.
Bieber is definitely a guilty pleasure. Yummy is the most inane thing ever created but the dude performs the hell out of it. I wish he'd lay off the tatts...no amount of tatts or the lame mustache will help make us see him as an adult now.

White Obama for Mayor Pete is a thing? I've been hearing 'Gay Obama' ever since he came out of the woodwork.

Chloe Fineman NAILED those actress performances. Funny to see her do ScarJo with Jost sitting there. Hopefully she gets to do more once Cecily or Kate move on after this season.

RuPaul is about 2 years too late to host this. Drag Race has already peaked IMHO but they keep pushing it to bigger platform (I think its getting syndicated in multiple countries now) He was still good tho.
Old 02-10-20, 08:07 PM
  #13  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Earth ....
Posts: 4,875
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Re: SNL 02/08/20 (S45E13) -- H: RuPaul -- MG: Justin Bieber

Originally Posted by bluesix View Post
Bieber is definitely a guilty pleasure. Yummy is the most inane thing ever created but the dude performs the hell out of it. I wish he'd lay off the tatts...no amount of tatts or the lame mustache will help make us see him as an adult now.
Pete Davidson's body looks like a class of kindergarten kids used him for their drawing board. It's just all random stuff ALL over. That Chad skit was insane.
Old 02-11-20, 08:08 AM
  #14  
DVD Talk Legend
 
joeblow69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Palm Springs
Posts: 10,620
Received 80 Likes on 41 Posts
Re: SNL 02/08/20 (S45E13) -- H: RuPaul -- MG: Justin Bieber

Originally Posted by bluesix View Post
RuPaul is about 2 years too late to host this. Drag Race has already peaked IMHO but they keep pushing it to bigger platform (I think its getting syndicated in multiple countries now) He was still good tho.
They just finished Drag Race UK season one, and have Drag Race Canada and Australia in the works (not to mention season 3 of Drag Race Thailand). I don't think it's peaked yet at all.
Old 02-12-20, 06:22 PM
  #15  
DVD Talk Legend
 
JeffTheAlpaca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: CA
Posts: 16,918
Received 210 Likes on 183 Posts
Re: SNL 02/08/20 (S45E13) -- H: RuPaul -- MG: Justin Bieber

Originally Posted by bluesix View Post
Bieber is definitely a guilty pleasure. Yummy is the most inane thing ever created but the dude performs the hell out of it. I wish he'd lay off the tatts...no amount of tatts or the lame mustache will help make us see him as an adult now.

White Obama for Mayor Pete is a thing? I've been hearing 'Gay Obama' ever since he came out of the woodwork.

Chloe Fineman NAILED those actress performances. Funny to see her do ScarJo with Jost sitting there. Hopefully she gets to do more once Cecily or Kate move on after this season.

RuPaul is about 2 years too late to host this. Drag Race has already peaked IMHO but they keep pushing it to bigger platform (I think its getting syndicated in multiple countries now) He was still good tho.


Old 02-15-20, 09:39 PM
  #16  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 10,467
Received 119 Likes on 85 Posts
Re: SNL 02/08/20 (S45E13) -- H: RuPaul -- MG: Justin Bieber

Not a huge fan of RuPaul in general, but he had a few hilarious moments on this episode. Specifically his monologue and the reading to the kids skit. He's also a pretty good guest on talk shows. His Howard Stern interview is probably the best. Howard later on said he really liked RuPaul but that "Drag Race" was a horrible show when it won it's last Emmy. I agree.
Old 02-16-20, 10:56 AM
  #17  
DVD Talk Legend
 
joeblow69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Palm Springs
Posts: 10,620
Received 80 Likes on 41 Posts
Re: SNL 02/08/20 (S45E13) -- H: RuPaul -- MG: Justin Bieber

Originally Posted by Daytripper View Post
Not a huge fan of RuPaul in general, but he had a few hilarious moments on this episode. Specifically his monologue and the reading to the kids skit. He's also a pretty good guest on talk shows. His Howard Stern interview is probably the best. Howard later on said he really liked RuPaul but that "Drag Race" was a horrible show when it won it's last Emmy. I agree.
Drag Race is interesting, in that the ideal way to watch that show is in a gay bar, surrounded by a bunch of gays hootin and hollering, drag queens giving commentary during the commercials and having stupid little contests for free drinks. It becomes a big spectacle. If you watch it home alone on the couch, it's comes across more like "what the hell is this bullshit?"
Old 02-16-20, 12:10 PM
  #18  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Austin, TX, USA
Posts: 9,041
Received 326 Likes on 243 Posts
Re: SNL 02/08/20 (S45E13) -- H: RuPaul -- MG: Justin Bieber

Originally Posted by joeblow69 View Post
Drag Race is interesting, in that the ideal way to watch that show is in a gay bar, surrounded by a bunch of gays hootin and hollering, drag queens giving commentary during the commercials and having stupid little contests for free drinks. It becomes a big spectacle. If you watch it home alone on the couch, it's comes across more like "what the hell is this bullshit?"
If watching a show drunk, surrounded by other excited drunks, in a party atmosphere, ONLY makes the show "interesting," then it must be boring as fuck to begin with.
Old 02-16-20, 01:26 PM
  #19  
DVD Talk Legend
 
joeblow69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Palm Springs
Posts: 10,620
Received 80 Likes on 41 Posts
Re: SNL 02/08/20 (S45E13) -- H: RuPaul -- MG: Justin Bieber

Originally Posted by Count Dooku View Post
If watching a show drunk, surrounded by other excited drunks, in a party atmosphere, ONLY makes the show "interesting," then it must be boring as fuck to begin with.
No, I wouldn't say it's boring, but watching it sober, alone ... it just gets really "cringy" and I die of second hand embarrassment a lot.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.