Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Friday The 13th BR Box Set in the works.

HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Friday The 13th BR Box Set in the works.

Old 10-14-20, 09:23 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 986 Likes on 823 Posts
Re: Friday The 13th BR Box Set in the works.

Awesome that everyone here seems pretty satisfied with whoever they ordered from. Nice when a set works out and actually lives up to great expectations. F1 will be watched Friday night if I don’t pass out. 2 & 3 hopefully Sat. So looking forward to brainless, mostly fun slashers. And I’m giving old set sans tin case to my chairs’ husband who’s a Sgt in NYcity and gave me some kind of get out of jail free card. Some hard plastic official card of some sort with NYPD on it with my name and his and badge #. He didn’t tell me exactly what I use for and it was kinda secret, but whatever. He’s a huge fan. Name Tommy, not cause of character, just coincidence. But, I know it’s going to good home and now I have no use, so he’ll like it. Even though they have blu player, it’s not even hooked up. I told them, I’ll have to school them. It’s not money, it’s more they don’t really care so much, but boss does love old horror, Freddy fav, like me and husband big Jason fan. Michael too, but more Jason.

Last edited by OldBoy; 10-15-20 at 09:07 PM.
Old 10-14-20, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by clckworang
My set from Target arrived today in perfect condition. All of the movies are there and no duplicates. I don't think I'll have a chance to dip into it today, but I'm hoping to do some viewing tomorrow.
did you get the great price?
Old 10-14-20, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial
Well I'm getting it earlier than I thought. It's now supposed to be delivered on Friday.
perfect. Just in time for weekend. If you don’t work them that is. Either way, they are such digestible run times. Not too many beyond 1:40 or so, I believe...
Old 10-14-20, 09:46 PM

Is there any reason to keep old set? Anything lost, will be missed?
Old 10-14-20, 10:05 PM

If you have the time, a great 2-part review of the collection at digitalbits. He didn’t seem to have any issues with whatever people are saying. None that I read anyway. Very detailed and man! is this thing packed. I had had no idea to what extent. And new transfer on Jason X! I thought it was same and packed with new extras. That is my guilty pleasure movie!

Last edited by OldBoy; 10-14-20 at 10:10 PM.
Old 10-14-20, 10:06 PM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

I havenít read any articles doing comparisons on the sets. But having this new set, along with Crystal Lake Memories with the bonus disc, and I think Iím pretty complete now. Maybe if they decide to release the first one on 4K, but based on seeing the first disc already, I doubt having it on 4K will improve the picture quality any more.
Old 10-14-20, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by E Unit
I haven’t read any articles doing comparisons on the sets. But having this new set, along with Crystal Lake Memories with the bonus disc, and I think I’m pretty complete now. Maybe if they decide to release the first one on 4K, but based on seeing the first disc already, I doubt having it on 4K will improve the picture quality any more.
I have that CLM with bonus disc too. Great to have all together!

Also, love the reversible covers and did reverse from same ole, but odd not reversible for 6-8. Not sure what that’s about...

Last edited by OldBoy; 10-14-20 at 10:35 PM.
Old 10-15-20, 07:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 451 Likes on 329 Posts

Originally Posted by OldBoy
perfect. Just in time for weekend. If you donít work them that is. Either way, they are such digestible run times. Not too many beyond 1:40 or so, I believe...
I'll start watching them for the horror challenge this weekend and after that I'll be on the lookout for a disc replacement program if there are indeed faulty discs.
Old 10-15-20, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning.
Received 1,077 Likes on 676 Posts

Originally Posted by E Unit
I havenít read any articles doing comparisons on the sets. But having this new set, along with Crystal Lake Memories with the bonus disc, and I think Iím pretty complete now. Maybe if they decide to release the first one on 4K, but based on seeing the first disc already, I doubt having it on 4K will improve the picture quality any more.
I am awaiting the bonus disc (despite it costing me about as much as the original doc ), and I also own His Name Was Jason splatter edition with all the extras. I'd say I'm pretty set
Old 10-15-20, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial
I'll start watching them for the horror challenge this weekend and after that I'll be on the lookout for a disc replacement program if there are indeed faulty discs.
Yeah, FvJ is the longest I believe.
Old 10-15-20, 03:10 PM

Received 4,737 Likes on 3,211 Posts

Got my TCM order early. A little dinged on one corner, but I won’t go nuts over it. A couple of smudges on discs that wiped off. I feel like I watched these two Halloweens ago, so not sure if I will do it this year. I may have to though to check for playback issues.

Kinda wild to replace that one case 8-film set on the shelf with this behemoth.
Old 10-15-20, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,186 Likes on 923 Posts

Originally Posted by ViewAskewbian
I am awaiting the bonus disc (despite it costing me about as much as the original doc ), and I also own His Name Was Jason splatter edition with all the extras. I'd say I'm pretty set
I used to own His Name Was Jason, but got rid of it once Crystal Lake Memories came out. Kind of considering adding the fan films to my collection too.
Old 10-15-20, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,206 Likes on 738 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike86
Kind of considering adding the fan films to my collection too.
Are the fan films on BD?

I got my set in today from Amazon Canada. It was packed in a box way to big for it with little packing but survived the trip pretty well to Alabama. One corner of the box is a little dinged but that is it.

All the discs were there, no duplicates, no scratches or smudges, etc. It is a damn thing of beauty.

The only odd thing that puzzles me about this set is the reported removal of the 3D anaglyph version of Part 3. I still have my old set but don't know if that would be enough for me to keep it around.

Even though I only have my PS4 VR set to watch Part 3 with, it will be the first one I crack. Very pumped for it!
Old 10-15-20, 06:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Mike86
I used to own His Name Was Jason, but got rid of it once Crystal Lake Memories came out. Kind of considering adding the fan films to my collection too.
Yeah there's some carry over but enough different between the two to keep both IMO (especially the extras on the 2 disc)

But tht bonus disc better be good considering factoring in shipping to Canada the thing cost me about as much as the CLM/Never Sleep Again Blu ray set. :P
Old 10-15-20, 06:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,186 Likes on 923 Posts

Originally Posted by Spiderbite
Are the fan films on BD?

I got my set in today from Amazon Canada. It was packed in a box way to big for it with little packing but survived the trip pretty well to Alabama. One corner of the box is a little dinged but that is it.

All the discs were there, no duplicates, no scratches or smudges, etc. It is a damn thing of beauty.

The only odd thing that puzzles me about this set is the reported removal of the 3D anaglyph version of Part 3. I still have my old set but don't know if that would be enough for me to keep it around.

Even though I only have my PS4 VR set to watch Part 3 with, it will be the first one I crack. Very pumped for it!
Never Hike Alone and Never Hike in the Snow are available on Blu-ray through Womp Stomp Filmsí Indiegogo page.
Old 10-15-20, 06:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 451 Likes on 329 Posts

My set is in perfect shape and no duplicates. I’ll start watching it later tonight.
Old 10-15-20, 08:04 PM

Are the fan films on BD?

why would they have anaglyph version when then have true 3D version? I guess for people without 3D sets? Iím most excited about the real 3D! I think Iím gonna pop in 1 uncut for a bit...
Old 10-15-20, 08:07 PM

Are the fan films on BD?

Who wants to spend more money... but could you add the $5.99 on Amazon Part 3?
Old 10-15-20, 08:42 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 345 Likes on 261 Posts

Anaglyph 3D looks awful, as much as I love 3D I simply can't watch it since the color is so messed up. Part 3 should have been re-done in proper 3D before the last set came out, it was a huge insult to re-use the older disc that was made before Blu-Ray 3D existed.

I keep everything anyways, but the Paramount DVD set includes French dubbed tracks which are missing on this new set. In the first movie Jason is called "Jackie", then pronounced as "Jazon" in the rest of them.
Old 10-15-20, 08:55 PM

I’m watching a bit of uncut first. Little rough in beginning, but still looks good. I don’t remember older set, but nice yellows I never saw pop as much before. 5.1 DTS sounds great. Booming. Good volume. Usually my system plays TrueHD better for whatever reason, but this sounds really good. I mean the score is, of course, iconic, but sounds really great on this release. Loud, scary, simple and great. That you notice off the bat. Clear voices, bright colors, deep blacks. I’m excited!

Last edited by OldBoy; 10-15-20 at 09:02 PM.
Old 10-16-20, 12:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 315 Posts

I've only had the time to watch Friday The 13th Part 2 out of this set thus far and I thought the transfer looked really nice.
Old 10-16-20, 06:35 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 234 Likes on 207 Posts

There's already a replacement program for some of the discs with problems; I'm not sure on the details of the problems, but I found this link which may help.

https://www.shoutfactory.com/blog/fr...-disc-program/
The following 3 users liked this post by DWilson:
Alan Smithee (10-16-20), joltman (10-16-20), PhantomStranger (10-17-20)
Old 10-16-20, 07:28 AM

Thanks.
Old 10-16-20, 07:34 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 153 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by DWilson
There's already a replacement program for some of the discs with problems; I'm not sure on the details of the problems, but I found this link which may help.

https://www.shoutfactory.com/blog/fr...-disc-program/
It lists the affected discs at the bottom
Affected Discs:
  • PART 3 (When viewing in 3D) Ė First instance of 3D opening credits does not come out of the screen correctly.
  • PART 9: JASON GOES TO HELL (Unrated Cut) Ė Missing ďsnapped wristĒ gore in an uncut scene.
  • PART 10: JASON X: Missing audio during a scene in the film in which Jason kills camp counselors in a sleeping bag.
Old 10-16-20, 08:00 AM

The page is broken for me!

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.