Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-10, 07:30 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

I would like to know if the US-Releases of the WWE Blu-Rays do have region coding and if so what code do they have?
Will they play on european Blu-Ray Players e.g. PS3?
Old 05-26-10, 09:29 AM

Below is pics of the front and back of the 2 releases found at Walmart. Mr.Perfect/WCW/Rhodes - Spine# WWE94865 ($13) and The Jeff Hardy Story/Heartbreak & Triumph - Spine# WWE94866 ($9) -- (Matt gets the short end of the stick again!). Wonder if these will continue as a "tagged classics" version of documentaries? Anything to get rid of old backstock, right?

Old 05-26-10, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by regularfan
I would like to know if the US-Releases of the WWE Blu-Rays do have region coding and if so what code do they have?
Will they play on european Blu-Ray Players e.g. PS3?
The US releases are region A, equivalent to region 1 dvds.
Old 05-26-10, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Pretty cool looking sets. How many discs are they? My guess is Perfect/WCW/Rhodes only have 1 disc each which are the documentaries and special features, no way there is 8 discs in the case unless they use dual-layer double sided DVDs.

Same deal with Hardy/HBK i assume.

Originally Posted by l8nerduke32
Below is pics of the front and back of the 2 releases found at Walmart. Mr.Perfect/WCW/Rhodes - Spine# WWE94865 ($13) and The Jeff Hardy Story/Heartbreak & Triumph - Spine# WWE94866 ($9) -- (Matt gets the short end of the stick again!). Wonder if these will continue as a "tagged classics" version of documentaries? Anything to get rid of old backstock, right?

Old 05-26-10, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by sg2386
Pretty cool looking sets. How many discs are they? My guess is Perfect/WCW/Rhodes only have 1 disc each which are the documentaries and special features, no way there is 8 discs in the case unless they use dual-layer double sided DVDs.

Same deal with Hardy/HBK i assume.
Im not going to open them but the Perfect/Rhodes/WCW is 3 discs (theres one open/used on ebay)...so the J.Hardy/Michaels set is likely 2 discs. the back cover doesnt list anything as far as # of discs. probably just disc 1 from all the sets and then Hardy's half of the latest hardy boyz 2disc set.

BTW, kinda cheesy they have a silver grenade on the front cover to signify it being an 'action' movie and w/ "WWE Action Pack" on the back.

Last edited by l8nerduke32; 05-26-10 at 12:13 PM. Reason: typos
Old 05-26-10, 12:18 PM

..also, the same Walmart I found those 2 at had the Rise & Fall of ECW for $7.50
Old 05-26-10, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

According to Silvervision, the extras for Over the Limit are:

Special Features:
No Disqualification, No Count Out Match for the United States Championship
Bret Hart vs. The Miz
Monday Night RAW May 17, 2010

Monday Night RAW May 17, 2010 – Commercials
“The Most Irritating Man”
“Priceless”
“Awkward Blind Date”
“Compact Rental Car”

Surveillance Footage of CM Punk and the Straight Edge Society
Over The Limit May 23, 2010
A lot more special features than usual on the WWE PPV DVD. It would have been great if they put Edge vs. Christian instead of Bret/Miz from RAW before the ppv...great match.

Last edited by sg2386; 05-26-10 at 12:37 PM.
Old 05-26-10, 06:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

According to Silvervision, the extras for Over the Limit are:

A lot more special features than usual on the WWE PPV DVD. It would have been great if they put Edge vs. Christian instead of Bret/Miz from RAW before the ppv...great match.
I'm glad they included Bret/Miz. That's more of an extra on a ppv than it is anything else. Edge/Christian is worthy of going on either "The Best of RAW 2010" or any future Edge or Christian DVDs. Bret/Miz was more of a segment with a pin.

But now here's my dilemma: as a true fan of Bret Hart, I feel obliged (and happily so) to own what will likely be his last match ever. I'm also going to say this: even though it really was more of a segment, because it was brief and had interference, it was pretty much everything Hart/McMahon at WM wasn't. So I feel very tempted to get it, but on the other hand...

...Over the Limit was terrible. Aside from Punk/Mysterio and Cena/Batista, it was just really weak. And I don't think two matches justifies a $15 or $20 purchase.
Old 05-26-10, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by BullGooseLoony
I'm glad they included Bret/Miz. That's more of an extra on a ppv than it is anything else. Edge/Christian is worthy of going on either "The Best of RAW 2010" or any future Edge or Christian DVDs. Bret/Miz was more of a segment with a pin.

But now here's my dilemma: as a true fan of Bret Hart, I feel obliged (and happily so) to own what will likely be his last match ever. I'm also going to say this: even though it really was more of a segment, because it was brief and had interference, it was pretty much everything Hart/McMahon at WM wasn't. So I feel very tempted to get it, but on the other hand...

...Over the Limit was terrible. Aside from Punk/Mysterio and Cena/Batista, it was just really weak. And I don't think two matches justifies a $15 or $20 purchase.

Just do what I do, wait three months and buy it on Amazon for $5.
Old 05-26-10, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by TommyD1030
Just do what I do, wait three months and buy it on Amazon for $5.
Yup, GoHastings.com is good for that as well especially when they have their monthly 30% off sales
Old 05-26-10, 09:34 PM
Cool New Member

hey guys, amazon has the new best of raw seasons 1 & 2 dvd listed on their website now, but on the listing it says its 4 discs
Old 05-26-10, 09:52 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Seems odd that WWE is still marketing Jeff Hardy, seems like they would have had HBK & Matt Hardy instead
Old 05-26-10, 10:53 PM

Jeff's a bigger draw than Matt, and stands a better chance of increasing sales, so it makes some sense. It's also funny that WWE might wind up making more money off of Jeff Hardy in 2010 than TNA will.
Old 05-26-10, 11:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by zombiewillard37
hey guys, amazon has the new best of raw seasons 1 & 2 dvd listed on their website now, but on the listing it says its 4 discs
I guess 93 and 94 will be 2 discs each.
Old 05-27-10, 04:17 AM

Originally Posted by l8nerduke32
Im not going to open them but the Perfect/Rhodes/WCW is 3 discs (theres one open/used on ebay)...so the J.Hardy/Michaels set is likely 2 discs. the back cover doesnt list anything as far as # of discs. probably just disc 1 from all the sets and then Hardy's half of the latest hardy boyz 2disc set.

BTW, kinda cheesy they have a silver grenade on the front cover to signify it being an 'action' movie and w/ "WWE Action Pack" on the back.
So now they are just releasing the documentary's? That's kind of lame and pointless. Especially sense all the extra goodies are on Disk 2, 3. Total waste of money unless if you just collect anything WWE.
Old 05-27-10, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Kaori00
So now they are just releasing the documentary's? That's kind of lame and pointless. Especially sense all the extra goodies are on Disk 2, 3. Total waste of money unless if you just collect anything WWE.
It's not pointless at all. It's simply a way to re-package excess stock and put them out as a cheap offering for a casual buyer. They're not really aimed at the same type of buyer that purchases all the standard releases.
Old 05-27-10, 10:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

ROH Wrestling is having a 40% off sale on their site this weekend.
Old 05-28-10, 02:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey guys I am new to this thread but glad I found it. Always great talking to other wrestling DVD collectors. Today was a pretty big haul for me. I got Batista: I Walk Alone and Legacy of Stone Cold at Best Buy for $13 each. Then Extreme Rules for $15 and New and Improved DX for $10 at Walmart.
Old 05-28-10, 05:12 AM

Originally Posted by FireStarta316
Hey guys I am new to this thread but glad I found it. Always great talking to other wrestling DVD collectors. Today was a pretty big haul for me. I got Batista: I Walk Alone and Legacy of Stone Cold at Best Buy for $13 each. Then Extreme Rules for $15 and New and Improved DX for $10 at Walmart.
Yeah I grabbed that DX dvd set myself also. I figured it might as well suck but at $10 who cares.
Old 05-28-10, 11:19 AM

do any of you know a good site to order blue ray dvds, wrestling/movies/etc that takes paypal and in canada
Old 05-28-10, 01:52 PM

http://www.playusa.com stock WWE DVDs and Blu Rays from Canada. Not sure on their prices actually shipped to Canada or the US, but check them out maybe. I get them sent to the UK but I know they ship to other countries.

Only thing is I don't think they take PayPal actually - just credit card.
Old 05-28-10, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by chuckliddell
do any of you know a good site to order blue ray dvds, wrestling/movies/etc that takes paypal and in canada
ROH Wrestling's site takes Paypal and they will ship to Canada. They tend to carry most of the recent WWE stuff.
Old 05-28-10, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yea, ROH is a great site, always takes me 5-6 days to receive stuff from them. I also like how they now send you an email confirming your order shipped where they never did before they changed their web layout.

Highspots is also pretty good.

As for getting WWE Blu-rays, ebay is the only option that accepts paypal and you can even get some cheap. Playusa is very expensive for Canadians.

Just so you know it's "Blu-ray" and its not called Blu-ray DVD, both names are completely different formats. It just irritates me that people who are so into Blu-ray can't even spell it properly or even know it's purpose.
Old 05-28-10, 05:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yea, ROH is a great site, always takes me 5-6 days to receive stuff from them. I also like how they now send you an email confirming your order shipped where they never did before they changed their web layout.
Definitely a big upgrade. I love knowing when my packages are actually going to arrive. Their old system was a total guessing game.
Old 05-29-10, 12:00 AM

Anybody knows if the No Mercy 2001 dvd included an insert?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.