Reload this Page >

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Old 06-30-10, 09:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Originally Posted by Kaori00
Anyway has anyone be able to confirm if Chris Benoit will in fact be in the Elimination Chamber DVD? I keep hearing all these crazy rumors he will be some how removed?
Benoit match is in full according to
http://www.wrestlingdvdnews.com/wwe-...d-update/2374/ & http://www.facebook.com/silvervision?v=wall

Last edited by chocoboy87; 06-11-13 at 07:28 PM.
Old 06-30-10, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by Kaori00
I bought my Steamboat DVD at K-mart also. I really could have done without the Documentary. It did not tell me nothing new that I did not already know. I found it to be pretty pointless. I would have preferred just a DVD set with matches. I have slowly become sick of these Documentary's. I doubt another Steamboat DVD will ever see the day of light. So this is pretty much it as I am pretty certain that's it. The matches themselves were kind of meh. Mostly due the to fact that they could be found on other DVD's. Glad I can always turn to ioffer and other websites for more footage. This just does not cut the mustard for me. Anyway don't get me wrong I heart The Dragon. I just wanted more allot more then this! I'd give up a nipple to be able to sink my teeth into WWE's vault.

Anyway has anyone be able to confirm if Chris Benoit will in fact be in the Elimination Chamber DVD? I keep hearing all these crazy rumors he will be some how removed?
I too am sick of the documentaries, I only really like the interesting ones like Rise and Fall of ECW and Monday Night Wars. I would prefer 3 discs of rare matches for future releases thanks . It does appear that the New Year's Revolution 2005 Elimination Chamber match will be released in full with Benoit included, becuase Silvervision have listed it the same as all the others.
Old 06-30-10, 12:40 PM

And the winner of 'Worst Cover Ever!' is....

Old 06-30-10, 12:54 PM

Come on that can't be real surely? I know they once did a Cena cover that gave away him winning the title but are they really stupid enough to give away the results of 3 macthes on one cover.
Old 06-30-10, 01:16 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by platt222
Come on that can't be real surely? I know they once did a Cena cover that gave away him winning the title but are they really stupid enough to give away the results of 3 macthes on one cover.
Remember the first Night of Champions, Vengeance 2007? That DVD cover gave away every match.
Old 06-30-10, 02:35 PM

Why would they use such an awful cover? That is worse than TLC and Backlash 2007 combined. Plus, why would they choose to put Alicia Fox on the cover over someone like Evan Bourne or Jericho. She wont sell any DVDs.
Old 06-30-10, 04:18 PM

Not the best of covers and surprising Nexus already made a DVD cover in some way!
Old 07-01-10, 12:59 AM

jericho tweeted today that his very first match with lance storm will be on his dvd
Old 07-01-10, 01:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That Fatal 4 Way cover can not be real, omg its awful!

If Wade Barrett or a group picture was in the bottom right sqaure it would be much better though.
Old 07-01-10, 03:20 AM

That cover looks very fake, I expect to see this.
Old 07-01-10, 04:59 AM

Originally Posted by md2810
And the winner of 'Worst Cover Ever!' is....

Holy crap.
Old 07-01-10, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by dillkid
That cover looks very fake, I expect to see this.

Well this cover is shown on: Bestbuy.com, Walmart.com and Amazon.com, so I'd be quite confident in saying thats the one.
Old 07-01-10, 03:15 PM

Well this cover is shown on: Bestbuy.com, Walmart.com and Amazon.com, so I'd be quite confident in saying thats the one.
Oh dear! I hope Region 2 aren't stuck with it as well...
Old 07-01-10, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by dillkid
Oh dear! I hope Region 2 aren't stuck with it as well...
Sorry SilverVision have confirmed via Facebook, that cover will be on the region 2 set as well.
Old 07-01-10, 03:28 PM

Sorry SilverVision have confirmed via Facebook, that cover will be on the region 2 set as well.
Wonderful
Old 07-01-10, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The cover is also on WWEShop so it's definitely real.

Also according to Greg Valentine, WWE will be releasing a DVD on him:

After his injury, Valentine said his income was slashed in half because he was forced to miss bookings and autograph-signings while recovering. But he recently received good news. Valentine said WWE has plans to release his autobiography and DVD of his best matches.
http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/arti...wwe-dvd-105945

Last edited by sg2386; 07-01-10 at 04:29 PM.
Old 07-01-10, 04:32 PM

Awesome, would've gone with Ted DiBiase but that's cool.
Old 07-01-10, 08:12 PM

If The Hammer can get a dvd, then surely Mr. Wonderful Paul Orndorff can get a multi-dvd collection!!!
Old 07-01-10, 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by Sammy Banderas
If The Hammer can get a dvd, then surely Mr. Wonderful Paul Orndorff can get a multi-dvd collection!!!
I'm fine with this if we get Gary Spivey and a full version of this WCW Orndorff theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXYecebCA6Y
Old 07-02-10, 02:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like how with Over The Limit and Fatal 4 Way they are not just putting the poster art on the cover. I mean if there was a wrestler in the bottom right square it would look great, but that N ... wow that is just bad.
Old 07-02-10, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by FireStarta316
I like how with Over The Limit and Fatal 4 Way they are not just putting the poster art on the cover. I mean if there was a wrestler in the bottom right square it would look great, but that N ... wow that is just bad.
The problem i see is the cover spoils the ppv. Its like having Darth Vader unmasked on the Return of the Jedi cover.

Its a good idea to change the poster cover for a new one only when the poster hasnt to do that much with the event, but the the best they can do is to have face offs of the main eventers.
Old 07-02-10, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by JAROTO
The problem i see is the cover spoils the ppv. Its like having Darth Vader unmasked on the Return of the Jedi cover.

Its a good idea to change the poster cover for a new one only when the poster hasnt to do that much with the event, but the the best they can do is to have face offs of the main eventers.
I really never saw what the big deal was about that. I remember a bunch of people getting sand in their vaginas about the Survivor Series 08 cover showing Cena raising the belt and crying "Zomg spoiler!!!!" about it. In this day and age, is it really a big fucking deal? So many people that buy the dvd already saw the ppv live anyway, and I am sure most that didn't are at least big enough wrestling fans to have already learned of the outcome by the time the dvd streets. If any of them went on wrestling related sites, they knew. It's a fake sporting event, not a movie, so the Jedi comparison isn't terribly applicable here, imo.

The DVD's are by and large produced for the collectors, not for randoms watching shit for the first time.
Old 07-02-10, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by DerangedHermit
I'm fine with this if we get Gary Spivey and a full version of this WCW Orndorff theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXYecebCA6Y
HAHAHAHA!!! I'd only read about this theme song in one of the WrestleCrap books, but that was hysterical!!!

Orndorff seriously needs to get his own DVD collection ... and WWE better include the infamous phone call to the gym where Hogan couldn't take Mr. Wonderful's call because he was benching 605 pounds.

Here's part of that hilarious moment (around the 1:46 mark):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfhezkscMvk
Old 07-03-10, 01:56 AM

Originally Posted by SexualPudding
I really never saw what the big deal was about that. I remember a bunch of people getting sand in their vaginas about the Survivor Series 08 cover showing Cena raising the belt and crying "Zomg spoiler!!!!" about it. In this day and age, is it really a big fucking deal? So many people that buy the dvd already saw the ppv live anyway, and I am sure most that didn't are at least big enough wrestling fans to have already learned of the outcome by the time the dvd streets. If any of them went on wrestling related sites, they knew. It's a fake sporting event, not a movie, so the Jedi comparison isn't terribly applicable here, imo.

The DVD's are by and large produced for the collectors, not for randoms watching shit for the first time.
Well im a collector and i dont like having spoilers on the covers.--like most of the fans. If the dvds are produced for collectors then they should design covers we are supposed to like.

btw i have 8 year old cousins. they dont watch wrestling regularly, but rey mysterio is their favorite wrestler. this ppv dvd would have been a nice gift for them..but rey holding the title on the cover totally spoils it. They will still like it, but the surprise factor wouldnt be there anymore.

The return of the jedi example fits perfect. why? because as you said, star wars movies are also by and large produced for collectors and everybody knows how the movie ends.

The cover is not a big deal for me, but i cant deny having spoilers on them is totally unnecesary.
Old 07-04-10, 10:34 AM

does anybody have a link or something that shows what the covers look like on the summerslam/wrestlemania/rumble anthologys, not the cover, but the indivdual cover art for each art, each slip

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.