Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-10, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Sarcastic? Sure. Childish? I say no. Lighten up once in a while, dude.
Old 04-22-10, 04:11 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Please stop it and get back into the thread topic.
Old 04-22-10, 05:52 PM

Actually, some of WWE's library could be converted to HD as the AWA and JCP did shoot stuff on film - mainly house shows.
Old 04-22-10, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by chuckliddell
I'm sorry if I don't know everything about technology. You're mad because I spelled "Blue-ray" wrongly. Are you kidding me? Who cares about little stuff like that?

If you want to correct me, ok fine. Adding silly immature comments along with it is childish.

Sexualpudding has an agenda for me. He waits until I make a very small mistake or someone disagrees with me and then he jumps on it and bashes me, no matter the debate. Very childlike.

I just wanted to point that out. This is a dvd talk forum. I don't want this turning into a childlike immature place to bash people. If anyone is wrong (myself included), just correct us without all the other garbage. Thank you very much.
Fixed. You're welcome.
Old 04-22-10, 10:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by JPeeples
Actually, some of WWE's library could be converted to HD as the AWA and JCP did shoot stuff on film - mainly house shows.
Sure, but the demand for those would be just about non-existent.
Old 04-22-10, 11:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by SexualPudding
I disagree about the JCP demand being "non-existent". At the time, among the biggest selling DVDs the WWE had, were the Four Horsemen & Ric Flair sets.
Old 04-23-10, 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by SexualPudding
You don't think there would be appeal for shows like the early Starrcade or Great American Bash events on Blu? You're nuts!
Old 04-23-10, 12:09 PM

For all this talk on here about Blu Ray dvds, don't you think that the WWE would release the last year of ppv's onto Blu Ray - which would get bought way before old NWA/WCW ppv's that only true wrestling fans would buy. Little 10 year old Johnny doesn't know who Magnum TA is or was, and probably doesn't care to see him in a crystal clear picture.
Old 04-23-10, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by jammer311
For all this talk on here about Blu Ray dvds, don't you think that the WWE would release the last year of ppv's onto Blu Ray - which would get bought way before old NWA/WCW ppv's that only true wrestling fans would buy. Little 10 year old Johnny doesn't know who Magnum TA is or was, and probably doesn't care to see him in a crystal clear picture.
I don't think 10 year olds are who they are marketing their dvd and blu-rays to.
Old 04-23-10, 01:30 PM

You don't think kids buy wrestling dvds?? Of course they do!! I mean how many Blu Ray dvds do they make a year?? 3 maybe?? Royal Rumble, Wrestlemania and Summerslam I bet. So why would Vince McMahon say "Well, we had success with this years Rumble, Mania and Summerslam on Blu Ray, let's get Great American Bash 88 out there on Blu Ray next!!"

No freaking way. Never gonna happen. You have a better chance at seeing each WWE ppv get released on Blu Ray in 2010 then you would seeing old NWA/WCW ppvs from 20 years ago.
Old 04-23-10, 05:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

According to Amazon, TNA Lockdown 2010 will be released on June 22: http://www.amazon.com/Tna-Wrestling-...2061367&sr=1-1

Now I'd like to know when they're going to release Destination X. I just hope it's not in another three-pack. Apparently, last year TNA released Lockdown '09 BEFORE Destination X and Against All Odds...weird.
Old 04-23-10, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by BullGooseLoony
According to Amazon, TNA Lockdown 2010 will be released on June 22: http://www.amazon.com/Tna-Wrestling-...2061367&sr=1-1

Now I'd like to know when they're going to release Destination X. I just hope it's not in another three-pack. Apparently, last year TNA released Lockdown '09 BEFORE Destination X and Against All Odds...weird.
According to Navarre website, they already have release dates for...

Lockdown 2010 - June 22, 2010
Sacrifice 2010 - July 20, 2010
Slammiversary 2010 - August 24, 2010

Either Destination X '10 is gonna be in another 3-pack or it's gonna be a TNA Shop exclusive?
Old 04-23-10, 07:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I can't imagine that it would be a TNA Shop exclusive...They haven't had a DVD be an exclusive since No Surrender 2007 and Victory Road 2007 to FYE, and the last one that was to TNA Shop was Sacrifice 2007. And if it is in a three-pack, it'll be with what, Victory Road and Hard Justice? Thatd be weird.

I can only imagine it's just a matter of time before they announce an individual release, but that is wishful thinking.
Old 04-23-10, 07:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I hope it won't be a TNA Shop exclusive, their shipping prices are outrageous to Canada and slow as hell. First and last time i ordered from there was during Slammiversary package they had in 2007 that included the 3 original DVDs; Best of NWA-TNA title matches, Best of X Division, Best of Bloodiest Brawls.

It took like 6 weeks to get here. Never again ordered from there.

I wouldn't want to use "greed-bay". Last year when they had that World X Cup as an FYE exclusive some seller had it for like $45. Luckly i found a seller selling brand new for $20 (with shipping).

I think Destination X will be in the next 3 pack. There would have been a release date by now.

Another thing, will WWE ever get to releasing Vol. 3 and 4 of Survivor Series Anthology?, since the event is now finished i hope they put out the remaining set. I would only get Vol. 3 since those will have 97-99.

Last edited by sg2386; 04-23-10 at 07:22 PM.
Old 04-24-10, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by ZT_Styles
You don't think there would be appeal for shows like the early Starrcade or Great American Bash events on Blu? You're nuts!
Not enough to make it worth them doing Blu-ray versions of, no. I'm hardly nuts for thinking that, either. Like it or not, wrestling is a very niche category. Look how long it has taken for WWE to start releasing on Blu-ray. They are only just now starting to produce a few non-Wrestlemania PPV's on Blu-ray-and that is for current stuff, which has a wider appeal than older material.

If there was so much demand for old JCP stuff, don't you think we may have seen a few of them released on standard DVD over the years? There's a damn good reason why they haven't done it. Of course you, myself, and a lot of other people in this forum would buy them. The average consumer wouldn't, and at least a fair chunk of those kind of buyers are needed to make it worth doing from a financial standpoint.

Last edited by SexualPudding; 04-24-10 at 10:20 PM.
Old 04-25-10, 12:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yea, i don't think WWE will release older events like WCW/NWA on Blu-ray at all. If they were going to release more, i say they would likely start with the monthly ppvs from 2008 (minus Wrestlemania), then 2009, etc.

It's not like the DVD format will die anytime soon. Our collection of older WWE/WWF DVDs will be fine.
Old 04-25-10, 11:58 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by JPeeples
So many comments have been made as to whether or not the public would want old NWA stuff, but AWA is mentioned here too. What about the demand for a Baron Von Raschke 3 disc Blu-ray set? (I get that Blu-rays hold more, it's just that the world needs more Raschke.) Kids will be lining up outside of stores for this like it was a new Twlight DVD.

Maybe the odds aren't good but I still say, at the rate things are going, this will hit shelves before a Jericho DVD sees the light of day.
Old 04-25-10, 02:58 PM

hahahahaha Baron Von Raschke 3 disc dvd set is just a must in general!!!
Old 04-25-10, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by jammer311
hahahahaha Baron Von Raschke 3 disc dvd set is just a must in general!!!
Or you'll get the Brainclaw. (He was apparently a substitute teacher in MN after he retired...I bet nobody tried to piss him off.)

I want an Ox Baker set...Heart Punches for everyone!

There could be a classic monsters of wrestling DVD in general - including George Steele, Killer Kowalski and the like.
Old 04-25-10, 05:51 PM

Don't forget about the French Angel!! That guy really did look like a monster. And I heard rumors that the character in the movie Shrek is based on the French Angel, but I am not entirely sure on that one.
Old 04-25-10, 06:35 PM
Cool New Member

http://slices-of-life.com/2008/02/26...l-world-shrek/
Old 04-25-10, 08:29 PM

At my local Exchange today, I came across a tremendous find, one of the original TNA releases from their website in 2004, The Ultimate X Collection! I completely forgot about this one, and it was only $8. It is pretty scratched up, so I really really hope that it plays right and that I don't have to return it, but I completely forgot about this release. I am so happy that I finally found it.
Old 04-26-10, 07:57 AM

If you don't have the Wrestlemania III Championship edition yet, take a look around your local Walmart, as one of the stores by me has a handful of them for $3. The cool part is that it's the Walmart exclusive and comes with an audio cd of some WWE Superstars theme music. They also had No Way Out 2007 for $5, as well as the Marine 1 for $5 also.
Old 04-26-10, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by Aces_High
If you don't have the Wrestlemania III Championship edition yet, take a look around your local Walmart, as one of the stores by me has a handful of them for $3.
Good find. Hopefully I can find one around here.
Old 04-26-10, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I have extra copies of Wrestlemania III if anyone is interested in a trade. I would gladly trder for some of those Big Lots DVDs

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.