Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Old 01-07-11, 07:07 PM
  #1651  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,447
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Originally Posted by VikingsSooners
I just went to Wal-Mart and searched through the $5 bin and found the Mr. Perfect DVD! Mr. Perfect for $5 is a STEAL!
Great catch there...watch the full hour AWA title match from Las Vegas between him and Bockwinkle from 1986...my all-time favorite wrestling match!
Old 01-08-11, 08:42 AM
  #1652  
Senior Member
 
chocoboy87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 266
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

The Tuesday after Wrestlemania we're getting D-Generation X: The Final Conflict on DVD & Blu-ray

http://www.wrestlingdvdnews.com/wwe-...ase-date/8425/

Last edited by chocoboy87; 06-11-13 at 07:22 PM.
Old 01-09-11, 04:49 AM
  #1653  
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 186
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Looks like I was correct about the Raw set and just throwing on some content from the end of the year. They are missing quite a few memorable/great moments and matches like:

Miz vs Lawler TLC (29 Nov)
Bryan/Kingston vs Ziggler/DiBiase (13 Dec)
Orton vs Arquette/Riley (13 Dec)
Bryan vs Regal (20 Dec)
Orton/Morrison/Lawler vs Miz/Riley/Sheamus (20 Dec)
Sheamus vs Orton (27 Dec)
Punk joining Nexus (27 Dec)

Instead of all this we got a four-way match for the tag team titles to highlight December.

Plus Silver Vision have said on their Facebook that the HBK farewell is a video package as it is only 4 minutes long!

Last edited by md2810; 01-09-11 at 06:18 AM.
Old 01-09-11, 09:03 AM
  #1654  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,466
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

My belated thoughts on The Best of RAW 2010:

-Great to see the return of Bret Hart to RAW on there. I had no doubt that it would be, but I didn't buy the Royal Rumble 2010 blu-ray (because the event was really mediocre), so it's nice to get that.

-Nice carry-overs from 2009. I remember DX/Jerishow and Cena/Sheamus were quite good, and it was nice to see what they could do without stips from TLC the year before. The Cena/Sheamus match was particularly fun.

-ShowMiz winning the tag titles...nice.

-Swagger/Orton was good, but to me, Swagger's world title run was such a flop, I don't know why they'd recognize it at all.

-The Hart Dynasty winning the tag titles was a good match.

-Edge vs. Christian...nuff said.

-That Randy Orton/Edge match from July was light years better than the one from Over the Limit, but sadly ended the feud out of nowhere.

-Orton/Edge/Jericho was quite good.

-Nice to see the first Morrison/Sheamus match (FCA) on there, since two are from ppvs, and the other is at the end of this set.

-Any rematch of Bryan/Ziggler is fine with me. Now we just have to wait for another SmackDown! set to get the third match. The rematches weren't as good as the first from Bragging Rights, but they were still a lot of fun.

-As I said, Morrison/Sheamus KOTR is a great treat.



A lot of good stuff on here. For my tastes, though, too much of it is carried over from recent blu-rays. WWE ppv blu-rays have featured the go-home show on a lot of events, and quite a few of those matches are here:

-Bret Hart returning to RAW (which works out for me)
-Shawn Michaels vs. Kane (on WM XXVI)
-John Cena & Bret Hart vs. Edge & Chris Jericho (SummerSlam)
-Randy Orton vs. Chris Jericho (Hell in a Cell)
-Piper's Pit with Orton & Cena (Survivor Series)
-Miz cashes in (Survivor Series)
-Sheamus, Rhodes, & DiBiase vs. Triple H & Randy Orton (WM XXVI)

Not a big deal, but those spots could have been taken by other matches that aren't yet on blu-ray, like:

-The Miz vs. Jerry Lawler - TLC match - This match has people divided, but I thought it was so much fun. Even though Lawler had no chance of winning, there was still that element of suspense. Did for Miz's title reign what TLC vs. Ric Flair did for Edge back in January 2006.

-Sheamus vs. Randy Orton from December 2010 was as good as any other match they had: pure wrestling fun. I knew these two wouldn't disappoint and they didn't. The finis hwas great, too.

-Tables Match between Randy Orton and John Cena.

I know there are more, but I can't think of them at the moment. Overall, good set.
Old 01-09-11, 12:24 PM
  #1655  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,566
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

I'm glad Swagger/Undertaker made it (Blu-ray exclusive content). That was a really good match that made Swagger look great.

Everything else you mentioned was all spot on and those would have been great additions.

This set looks great. 2010 was a good year for RAW, so definitely looking forward to picking up the Blu-ray.

Originally Posted by BullGooseLoony
My belated thoughts on The Best of RAW 2010:

-Great to see the return of Bret Hart to RAW on there. I had no doubt that it would be, but I didn't buy the Royal Rumble 2010 blu-ray (because the event was really mediocre), so it's nice to get that.

-Nice carry-overs from 2009. I remember DX/Jerishow and Cena/Sheamus were quite good, and it was nice to see what they could do without stips from TLC the year before. The Cena/Sheamus match was particularly fun.

-ShowMiz winning the tag titles...nice.

-Swagger/Orton was good, but to me, Swagger's world title run was such a flop, I don't know why they'd recognize it at all.

-The Hart Dynasty winning the tag titles was a good match.

-Edge vs. Christian...nuff said.

-That Randy Orton/Edge match from July was light years better than the one from Over the Limit, but sadly ended the feud out of nowhere.

-Orton/Edge/Jericho was quite good.

-Nice to see the first Morrison/Sheamus match (FCA) on there, since two are from ppvs, and the other is at the end of this set.

-Any rematch of Bryan/Ziggler is fine with me. Now we just have to wait for another SmackDown! set to get the third match. The rematches weren't as good as the first from Bragging Rights, but they were still a lot of fun.

-As I said, Morrison/Sheamus KOTR is a great treat.



A lot of good stuff on here. For my tastes, though, too much of it is carried over from recent blu-rays. WWE ppv blu-rays have featured the go-home show on a lot of events, and quite a few of those matches are here:

-Bret Hart returning to RAW (which works out for me)
-Shawn Michaels vs. Kane (on WM XXVI)
-John Cena & Bret Hart vs. Edge & Chris Jericho (SummerSlam)
-Randy Orton vs. Chris Jericho (Hell in a Cell)
-Piper's Pit with Orton & Cena (Survivor Series)
-Miz cashes in (Survivor Series)
-Sheamus, Rhodes, & DiBiase vs. Triple H & Randy Orton (WM XXVI)

Not a big deal, but those spots could have been taken by other matches that aren't yet on blu-ray, like:

-The Miz vs. Jerry Lawler - TLC match - This match has people divided, but I thought it was so much fun. Even though Lawler had no chance of winning, there was still that element of suspense. Did for Miz's title reign what TLC vs. Ric Flair did for Edge back in January 2006.

-Sheamus vs. Randy Orton from December 2010 was as good as any other match they had: pure wrestling fun. I knew these two wouldn't disappoint and they didn't. The finis hwas great, too.

-Tables Match between Randy Orton and John Cena.

I know there are more, but I can't think of them at the moment. Overall, good set.
Old 01-09-11, 01:06 PM
  #1656  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: London, England
Posts: 518
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

I'm well pissed that the Miz/Lawler TLC match isn't on there, was the TV match of the year.
Old 01-09-11, 09:17 PM
  #1657  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 320
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

As I am sure many of you have converted to BluRay, I am just not quite sure how to organize everything on my shelf. I have every DVD or BluRay released, and I am not quite sure what the best way to do it is. Do I just continue and put the BluRays in the place where the DVD would go, or did you make a separate section for the two?
Old 01-09-11, 10:24 PM
  #1658  
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 152
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Originally Posted by ThomaMon
As I am sure many of you have converted to BluRay, I am just not quite sure how to organize everything on my shelf. I have every DVD or BluRay released, and I am not quite sure what the best way to do it is. Do I just continue and put the BluRays in the place where the DVD would go, or did you make a separate section for the two?
I made a separate section, just like with the vhs.
Old 01-10-11, 02:07 AM
  #1659  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: London, England
Posts: 518
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Originally Posted by ThomaMon
As I am sure many of you have converted to BluRay, I am just not quite sure how to organize everything on my shelf. I have every DVD or BluRay released, and I am not quite sure what the best way to do it is. Do I just continue and put the BluRays in the place where the DVD would go, or did you make a separate section for the two?
For me, the wrestling Blu Rays go with the rest of the Blu Rays. Much like the wrestling DVDs go with the rest of the DVDs of everything else.
Old 01-10-11, 04:13 AM
  #1660  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 320
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Originally Posted by dillkid
For me, the wrestling Blu Rays go with the rest of the Blu Rays. Much like the wrestling DVDs go with the rest of the DVDs of everything else.
Actually, I meant my wrestling DVD's have their own section already. So I meant Wrestling DVD's with the Wrestling BluRays or in their own section. I have my wrestling DVD's broken down into two section. One for PPV's and another for the documentary type.
Old 01-10-11, 09:49 AM
  #1661  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: London, England
Posts: 518
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Originally Posted by ThomaMon
Actually, I meant my wrestling DVD's have their own section already. So I meant Wrestling DVD's with the Wrestling BluRays or in their own section. I have my wrestling DVD's broken down into two section. One for PPV's and another for the documentary type.
Oh, i'd seperate them then.
Old 01-11-11, 04:52 PM
  #1662  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 320
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

They are separated for now...

Anyone have pics of their collections that feature both DVD and Blu?
Old 01-13-11, 12:52 PM
  #1663  
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 186
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Silver Vision posted today on their Facebook that the Hulk Hogan vs The Giant match from Halloween Havoc 95 will be featured on the upcoming Big Show DVD.

[edit] Plus on their Twitter they said the set has a WCW Title Match between The Giant and Ric Flair from Nitro Apr 29, 96

Last edited by md2810; 01-13-11 at 02:06 PM.
Old 01-13-11, 03:28 PM
  #1664  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Briarwood Sanatarium
Posts: 4,293
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

I hope they include that ridiculous Monster Truck thing where The Giant or Hogan fell off of the roof of the building
Old 01-13-11, 05:43 PM
  #1665  
Senior Member
 
chocoboy87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 266
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

The TLC 2010 DVD extra is John Cena being interviewed after his match. With no Blu-ray edition that's the best it gets!

http://www.wrestlingdvdnews.com/wwe-...s-extras/8633/

Last edited by chocoboy87; 06-11-13 at 07:22 PM.
Old 01-14-11, 10:10 AM
  #1666  
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 186
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Originally Posted by JJE-187
I hope they include that ridiculous Monster Truck thing where The Giant or Hogan fell off of the roof of the building
Looks like you may be in luck as Silver Vision just said on Facebook that match is on.

I re-watched it last night and it really is just how you remember it... bad!
Old 01-14-11, 03:45 PM
  #1667  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,447
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Like most of WCW was back then, pretty bad but still getting this set as well.
Old 01-14-11, 05:33 PM
  #1668  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Briarwood Sanatarium
Posts: 4,293
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

I know the match is on there but will the Monster truck battle is too
Old 01-14-11, 07:13 PM
  #1669  
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 186
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Originally Posted by JJE-187
I know the match is on there but will the Monster truck battle is too
Yup, they said the match yesterday and the sumo monster truck debacle earlier today again on Facebook.

I really hope there are some 2001 hardcore matches from Raw/Smack Down I know there was one with Jericho on Raw and maybe Rhyno? As I thought the Mania X7 hardcore triple threat was really underrated.

I would also like to see the match from WCW where Show does a missile dropkick from the top rope!
Old 01-14-11, 07:14 PM
  #1670  
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 186
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

The boiler room brawl with Mankind would be good to see as well (not seen that for a long time).
Old 01-14-11, 08:27 PM
  #1671  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 441
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

what year was it when wwe started to release all 12 ppvs on dvd, and does anybody have the list of wwe ppv dvds from where it started to the year they started with all 12 on dvd
Old 01-14-11, 08:40 PM
  #1672  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,566
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Originally Posted by chuckliddell
what year was it when wwe started to release all 12 ppvs on dvd, and does anybody have the list of wwe ppv dvds from where it started to the year they started with all 12 on dvd
2002 was when they started to release every single PPV on DVD. In 2001, every ppv except No Way Out were on DVD...i remember reading it was suppose to be on DVD but was scrapped for some reason.
Old 01-14-11, 10:49 PM
  #1673  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 441
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

ok so ever ppv from 2001 and 2002 munis no way out 2001

what about 1998,99,2000
Old 01-14-11, 11:02 PM
  #1674  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,566
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Originally Posted by chuckliddell
ok so ever ppv from 2001 and 2002 munis no way out 2001

what about 1998,99,2000
1998 - Unforgiven and Rock Bottom which were part of the Attitude Collection set
1999 - Wrestlemania & Summerslam
2000 - The Big 5 (RR, WM, KOTR, SS, SvS)
Old 01-15-11, 11:08 AM
  #1675  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: London, England
Posts: 518
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Originally Posted by md2810
Yup, they said the match yesterday and the sumo monster truck debacle earlier today again on Facebook.

I really hope there are some 2001 hardcore matches from Raw/Smack Down I know there was one with Jericho on Raw and maybe Rhyno? As I thought the Mania X7 hardcore triple threat was really underrated.

I would also like to see the match from WCW where Show does a missile dropkick from the top rope!
I wouldn't mind seeing his Hardcore Match with The Undertaker from a Smackdown in January 2002 in DVD Quality.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.