View Single Post
Old 09-02-18, 08:17 PM   #44
JOE29
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: The 14th Annual "October Horror Movie Challenge" (10/1 - 10/31) ***The List Threa

9-30
1- The Omen 1976. The opening score takes me back to when I watched it in the theatre and scared the crap out of me.
2- The Wolf Man. 1941. The best of the Universal horrors in my opinion.
10-1
3- The Others. Good haunted house movie .
4- Fall of the House of Usher. 1960. How far would you go to keep a family member close? Death?
10-2
5- The Reaping. A teenage girl holds the key to the 10 deadly plagues in Louisiana?
6- Slaughter of the Vampires. 60ís B&W Italian horror. A vampire reeks havoc over the Italian countryside.
10-3
7- The Outpost. What if you were hired to check out an old WWII bunker that turned out to have a German army of the undead.
8- Horror of Dracula. 1958. This is why you buy a region free player. Vast improvement.
9- Friday the 13th 1980. I always thought that I would turn into Ralph in my later years- thereís still hope for me yet.
10-4
10- The Lords of Salem- Freaky movie, what else is new, Rob Zombie movie. A descendant from the Salem witch trials is chosen to lead a coven of witches.
11- Argentoís Dracula. A bit cartoonish, but I liked it.
10-5
12- The Howling. An old favorite werewolf movie.
13- Friday the 13th - the series. 80ís tv show about haunted objects. The Quilt of Hathor PT. 1.
10-6
14- Friday the 13th the series- The Quilt of Hathor PT. II.
15- The Night Stalker- One of the best ever TV vampire shows.
10-7
16- Psycho. 1960. This has gotten better with repeat viewings. Norman Bates in the ending scene. Sitting all alone at the police station was very creepy.
10-8
Psycho II. 1983. The sequel works very well. Relatives of the victims of Norman try to make him go insane again.
10-9
18- Children of the corn. 1984. A corn god worshiping cult that kills people over 19 in Nebraska.
10-10
19- Legend of the 7 Golden Vampires. Kung Fu vampires of the undead.
20- An American Haunting. The curse of the Bell Witch of Tennessee.
21- 100 Feet. A woman under house arrest is haunted by the person she killed.
22- American Horror Story Episode 4- Didnít like it. Losing my patience with this .
23- House on Haunted Hill. 1958. People are paid to stay overnight in a supposively haunted house.
10-11
24- House of the Witch. Teens looking for a party house for Halloween find a haunted mansion with a witch.
25- American Horror Story- Episode 5- Still waiting for something drastic to happen- they brought the coven back.
26- Twilight Zone- A navy submarine gets messages from a sub 20 years itís senior. The 30 fathom Grave.
27- Sleepy Hollow. Icabod Crane and the headless horseman always works well.
10-12
28- Brides of Dracula. Great. Even better in HD.
10-14
29- The Haunted Palace. My favorite from the great Vincent Price, in the HD set also. Looks glorious.
10-15
30- The Fog. The original. Some great 70ís Shlock here. Complete with the 8-track/ radio component system that I noticed right off.
10-16
31- The fearless vampire killers. I was always interested in this. But after a first time viewing I wasínt very impressed. Could try it again at a later date. But for now, thumbs down.
10-17
32- Creature from the Black Lagoon. Expedition to the Amazon produces a gill-like creature.
33- And Now the Screaming Starts. A newlywed couple, a mansion, an old curse, wife goes mad, complete with Peter Cushing to boot.
10-18
34- Dracula- Prince of Darkness- Donít go to the castle they were warned. So what happens? They end up at the castle, of course.
35- From Hell- Take on the Jack the Ripper story.
10-19
36- American Horror Story- E6
37- Mohawk- Saw this on someone elseís list so I thought that iíd give it a try. Not sure of the horror aspect -maybe a wild card here.
10-20
38- Kiss of the Dammed. A secluded female vampire turns a human into her lifestyle
39- Evil of Frankenstein. The baron goes back home to continue with his work.
10-21
40- The Howling II. Karen Whiteís family go to Transylvania to deal with other werewolves.
10-22
41- Shadow of the Vampire. What if the actor who played the vampire in Nosferatu was a real vampire?
42- Fright Night 2- A female vampire roams Romania.
10-24
43- Nightmare on Elm Street. The one that started it all. Cheesy 80ís music.
44- The Wolf Man. Benito Del Toro version works well following the original movie.....mostly.
45- Coma- Why are patients going into comas after operations at the local hospital?
46- Mark of the Vampire- not as good as I hoped but the female vampire is creepy and steals the show.
10-25
47- AHS E7- Not getting this, itís a bore the last couple of episodes.
48- Rob Zombieís Halloween. His best movie. Remake on the classic Halloween.
49- The Birds. Hitchcock classic in every way. Never gets old.
10-26
50- Frankenstein meets the Wolfman. On first thoughts, I didnít like it. Universals are hard to watch for me. Even the classic ones. But iíd Try it again later on.
51- The Last Man on Earth. A Plague takes out the human race..or so he thought.
10-29
52- The Mummy. Ok Universal 30-40ís horror, kind of slow a times, but ok.
53- Twins of Evil. Good Hammer movie that has a bit of everything.
54- Humanoids of the Deep. A great repeat viewing movie for me over the years.
10-30
55- Witchfinder General. Price as Matthew Hopkins works very well.
56- Frankenstein. The original creature movie.
57- Dracula 1972AD- The new Blu-ray release is a vast improvement.
10-31
58- Night of the Demons. The remake of the original movie. I like this one better.
59- Dead End- A family drives on and on a deserted road not realizing that they were killed in a car accident earlier.
60- Halloween. Had to save the classic Halloween for my last entry on...Halloween.

Last edited by JOE29; 10-31-18 at 10:58 PM.