3rd Fatalities are DLC only
Lame.
Old 04-22-11, 10:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts
Re: Mortal Kombat - 2011

Originally Posted by slop101
Lame.
What else would it be though? The 3rd fatalities are the ones for the pre-order classic characters.
Old 04-23-11, 06:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts

Does anybody have a list of the pre-order exclusives for the game?
I got Ermac with the TE. I don't know if it was because I bought the TE or because I bought it at Best Buy.
Old 04-23-11, 07:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Classic Scorpion was GameStop

Classic Reptile was Amazon

Classic Sub Zero was Best Buy

And I think you get Classic Jade with the Mortal Kombat Blurays.

Last edited by Guy Gadbois; 04-23-11 at 07:56 AM.
Old 04-23-11, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by Guy Gadbois

and Ermac came with all Tournament Editions

and Classic Mileena with WalMart preorder

i bought two tournament editions so i could have 2 fight sticks. sold my extra codes for a crazy amount on ebay- cant believe people are paying close to $40 on ebay for a classic costume.
Old 04-23-11, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Guy Gadbois

Originally Posted by AndyCleveland

i bought two tournament editions so i could have 2 fight sticks. sold my extra codes for a crazy amount on ebay- cant believe people are paying close to $40 on ebay for a classic costume.
Thanks.

I'm liking this game so far and is so much better with the joystick however, I'm still not able to execute some of the "simpler" moves in this game and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. For example, the Johnny Cage move of "Square, X, Triangle" can't get it to register in the Training mode. Also the fatalities for some of the characters, I'm not able to pull it off especially for those that involve staying on the green box. Any tips?

BTW, do we need the classic costumes in order to get the Fatality trophy since you can't perform the 3rd Fatality without the costumes for some of the characters?
Old 04-23-11, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,156 Likes on 902 Posts

It's pretty lame that the Blu-ray only has a code for the classic Jade for the PS3 version of the game and 360 owners get nothing. Just because I'm buying the movie on Blu-ray doesn't automatically mean I'm getting the PS3 version of the game too but whatever I guess.

I've been enjoying the game pretty well so far. I've been making my way through the story to start and I'm to around Chapter 7 or 8. I was never the biggest fan of the series but I do have good memories of playing the originals on SNES back in the day with my cousins. The only one that I've owned before this was the DC Universe one and I only got that since it was a clearance game and I'm a sucker for superheroes.
Old 04-23-11, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by LorenzoL
Thanks.

I'm liking this game so far and is so much better with the joystick however, I'm still not able to execute some of the "simpler" moves in this game and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. For example, the Johnny Cage move of "Square, X, Triangle" can't get it to register in the Training mode. Also the fatalities for some of the characters, I'm not able to pull it off especially for those that involve staying on the green box. Any tips?
I have this same problem and the only way around it was to keep pounding those buttons in order until it registered by chance. It's ridiculous that it can't properly register a simple three button combo. I tried doing it quickly and also doing it one button at a time clearly pushed. I am enjoying the game quite a bit though and this is my first MK game in a long time.
Old 04-23-11, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

i bought two tournament editions so i could have 2 fight sticks.
I did the same thing, so I have an extra Ermac code if anyone has a Mileena code they want to trade.

Toys R Us has the classic Kitana exclusive, so you can add that one to the list. And just FYI, the Gamestop and maybe Amazon ones are the only actual pre-order exclusives, all others just come with the game if you buy if from there.
Old 04-23-11, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Thanks.

BTW, do we need the classic costumes in order to get the Fatality trophy since you can't perform the 3rd Fatality without the costumes for some of the characters?

Hold block when you do the move presses, then when you are about to hit the button at the end let go of block and hit the button, works every time
Old 04-23-11, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

People just need to be patient, they will all eventually be up on the marketplace, you know they will. If I had known that I would have sold my reptile classic, but alas, I used it.
Old 04-23-11, 06:30 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I first got this game late Tuesday night, I wasn't crazy about it. The graphics were disappointing and everything felt slow and heavy compared to MvC3. Luckily, I gave it another shot and now it's my favorite fighter of this generation.

The story mode is fantastic and I wish more fighting games had something that immersive. I also love the challenge tower and how they managed to keep it really interesting. I completed one last night where you could only fight by throwing your body parts at an enemy. It was stupid fun.

I'm looking forward to when the PSN finally starts up again to see how well my single player skills translate online. Oh, and man am I happy that I pre-ordered on Amazon and got the classic Reptile skin. The new version of Reptile is fucking awful, "Hisssssssss".
Old 04-23-11, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by glassdragon
People just need to be patient, they will all eventually be up on the marketplace, you know they will. If I had known that I would have sold my reptile classic, but alas, I used it.
Luckily for me, there are some pretty impatient people out there. I sold my Mileena code on eBay for $35. That paid for more than half the game right there. A Reptile code recently went for $100 on eBay. Unbelievable.
Old 04-24-11, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

It seems that the ones people are after are Reptile, Sub-Zero and Scorpion. I still don't know if I want to keep my Ermac code and I'll be getting the Jade code once I get my Mortal Kombat Blu-ray.

I'm having a great time with this game. I used to play the first one at the arcade and spent countless hours and money trying to be good at it. I still suck but I'm getting better especially with Raiden and Scorpion. I want to play as Night Wolf but I can't pull off his special moves. Although, I spam a lot of the moves like teleport and electric flying with Raiden so I guess I'm a "cheap" fighter.

Not having a lot of success with the challenges and the tower but I guess I just have to keep practicing...

I just wish PSN will be up soon.
Old 04-24-11, 12:46 PM

I just decided to go ahead and use my Scorpion code. Good for the people who are making a profit, but it wasn't worth the hassle to me.

Really happy with the game play, and it's already jam packed with content in this age of DLC.
Old 04-25-11, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I popped this in last night (arrived on thursday but left for the weekend) and made it up to Liu Kang's chapter in story mode. Soooo awesome. Even without the fatalities in story mode - it's friggin' awesome.
Old 04-25-11, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 279 Likes on 180 Posts

I hate fighting the Tag Teams. Bullshit that you have to beat two characters who each have full life bars
Old 04-25-11, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Osiris3657
I hate fighting the Tag Teams. Bullshit that you have to beat two characters who each have full life bars
Fight harder.

But yeah - I was pissed when Jax was all emo, crying and shit while Sonya had to take down two mofos.
Old 04-26-11, 01:00 AM

Boy is Shao Kahn is a tough bastard. Fireballs and teleporting is the only thing that really worked fighting him in story mode, at least for me anyway.
Old 04-26-11, 02:09 AM

Thanks.

a MAJOR tip on combos (i was having trouble at first too)... they are simpler than you think... just enter the code ahead of time (square, x, triangle) with no pause in between- you dont even have to wait for the first hit to connect. this is really important, because even if you arent standing next to an opponent, you can start a combo. i was at first waiting for the first hit to connect, then pressing the next command- WRONG. just hit the buttons quickly in sequence.

this game is deep. I surprisingly find myself coming back to both liu kang and kung lao (previously, i would probably opt for the female characters). kung lao is crazy good and i love his fast fist combo BP,FP,BP,FP,BP. also really like using liu kangs "stance" options that i think only him and sonya possess. really adds a lot of depth and strategy. have played for quite a while but haven't touched a lot of the characters (shang tsung, raiden, ermac, jax, jade)- i played for a few hours locally against a friend and we were having a lot of fun just picking the same fighters over and over trying to improve and learn new strategies. it also should be noted that this is pretty easy to just pick up and play. it's not like the previous recent mk's where you have confusing stances, weapon options, etc. i just kind of wish they would have stuck with the Hp/Lp Hk/Lk layout. also, i hated the x-ray meter at first, but now i love it, especially fighting against someone who knows how to utilize it. seeing some of the "enhanced" specials is awesome.

story mode is fun, but man these characters can be pretty dumb- especially raiden. my favorite part so far was the sub-zero/scorpion scene in hell. i kind of wish they made story mode more like an MK Mythologies side-scroller. still, they didnt HAVE to do story mode in the first place.

challenge tower is ok... some challenges are annoying, some unclear, and some just way too simple. i'm only at challenge 53 i think.

the arcade sticks are AWESOME. i even plugged them in the USB ports on my computer hooked up to my HDTV and played the old arcade MK's on MAME with them without any drivers needed or anything. really adds a lot of value. these will be great for the old arcade games too like TMNT/Simpsons/Xmen, etc.

there is a 99 cent iphone app that is titled "mortal kombat mini guide" and it has all the combos, fatalities, special moves, etc for each character. it's pretty complete and i would definitely tell anyone to get it. i can't imagine using the start menu move list after using this app.

all in all this a great game. definitely worth the wait. now we wait for the rumoured "MK HD Arcade Kollection" hahahah
Old 04-26-11, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

the arcade sticks are AWESOME. i even plugged them in the USB ports on my computer hooked up to my HDTV and played the old arcade MK's on MAME with them without any drivers needed or anything. really adds a lot of value.
Thanks for the tip, I didn't even think to try that.
This game totally lived up to my expectations. I love it.
Old 04-26-11, 01:07 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,183 Likes on 835 Posts

I had no idea how BIG the fightstick was! I just got mine today.
I'll try selling my Ermac classic code, but I'm not sure what it's worth now that it's been a week since release.
Old 04-27-11, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by SomethingMore
I had no idea how BIG the fightstick was! I just got mine today.
I'll try selling my Ermac classic code, but I'm not sure what it's worth now that it's been a week since release.
i dont regret buying 2 fightsticks at all , they are really nice and like a real arcade cabinet. i sold 2 ermacs for $70 total, they sold within minutes of listing of them for $35 buy-it-now just a few days ago. you shouldn't have a problem
Old 04-27-11, 03:28 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,183 Likes on 835 Posts

I was shocked at the excellent build-quality of the fightstick. It's fantastic, and after playing MK for 5+ hours last night, I couldn't go back to the regular 360 controller... not for this game. I almost considered buying a second fightstick, but I didn't expect PDP to want $130 for it! That's how much I paid for it with the game, and I don't need two copies of the game.
Old 04-27-11, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Buy it and sell the extra copy to Amazon used for $35. And your Ermac/Sub-Zero codes for whatever you can get for them.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.