Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Official Little Big Planet (PS3) Thread!

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Official Little Big Planet (PS3) Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-08, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bdshort
This game is great, but I really need to find a friend that wants to play cause it seems like that is the REAL way to play it. Also, between this and Fallout 3, I've definitely been devoting more time to Fallout 3. And, I think I must suck at platformers cause I've been dying a lot in this one,
It took me 3 or 4 tries to get through the last level of "The Canyons", but it was an awesome level. As I play this game I just keep thinking - "If I wanted to, I could make everything in this game" That's why I'm focusing more on finishing the main game rather than building - though I am playing around with that as well - because it's giving me ideas.
Old 11-03-08, 11:50 AM

While I love the user-created levels, it's crystal clear that Media Molecule are professional game-designers. Hopefully over time some of the user created contect will reach that level but the MM level have design quality, ingenious machines, as well as good story and thematic throughlines for the levels. Which is also why I was excited to hear that MM would be putting out more levels. But this game thriving depends on user-created content, which is in its infancy at the moment. For those to truly succeed, there needs to be story, I believe, and I welcome the addition of that to the user levels.
Old 11-03-08, 11:52 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TLwizard
While I love the user-created levels, it's crystal clear that Media Molecule are professional game-designers. Hopefully over time some of the user created contect will reach that level but the MM level have design quality, ingenious machines, as well as good story and thematic throughlines for the levels. Which is also why I was excited to hear that MM would be putting out more levels. But this game thriving depends on user-created content, which is in its infancy at the moment. For those to truly succeed, there needs to be story, I believe, and I welcome the addition of that to the user levels.

I'm sure that will come with time as people experiment and get used to the level editor. In that same note, I would certainly hope that the levels from MM would appear to be much more polished, etc. They are the ones that developed the game and had oodles of time to get the levels as perfect as they could.

I don't think any user created levels will ever be that good, but given time, I'm sure many will be just about as close as people not working for MM can make them.
Old 11-03-08, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Right now I'm "stuck" on the second level of the Asian-themed story. It's just a timing thing and I'll nail it eventually. BTW, I played the very last two or three levels with someone else online and it shows that it's part of my completion path! I even got all of the goodies at the end!
Old 11-03-08, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 453 Likes on 317 Posts
What's killing me about some of the later levels in the story-mode isn't how hard they're getting, but how LONG they're getting - they're certainly fun, but they just kept going and going and going... I thought to myself that if I died, it'd be a pain in the ass to have to restart one of these long levels.

It'd have been nice if they would've split up some of these longer levels into two or three smaller ones.
Old 11-03-08, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 415 Likes on 311 Posts
I got the game last night, love it so far. Just had time to play the first level, and aced it.

I am assuming that one should play through the game first and then start creating levels so that you'll have better stuff to build them with?

I have found a few outfits and stickers so far but nothing really for levels.

Also, how does the hearting system work? Forgive me if these questions have been asked before, I am too lazy to wade through a ton of pages
Old 11-03-08, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by nickdawgy
I got the game last night, love it so far. Just had time to play the first level, and aced it.

I am assuming that one should play through the game first and then start creating levels so that you'll have better stuff to build them with?

I have found a few outfits and stickers so far but nothing really for levels.

Also, how does the hearting system work? Forgive me if these questions have been asked before, I am too lazy to wade through a ton of pages
Most of what you need to build with, you will get in the tutorials in the level editor.

The stuff that you get in levels is more for customization/decoration, and a few cool objects (cars, rocket cheetah, etc...)

Hearting is like setting favorites. There will be a list of things/levels that you have hearted so that you won't have to go searching for them. Other people who are playing your levels will be able to see the things that you have hearted. Likewise if you are playing a level you like, you can see what other levels the creator of that level has hearted.
Old 11-03-08, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 453 Likes on 317 Posts
This one's for all you Gradius fans:

Yes, that's an actual user-created LBP level.
I can't wait to see how crazy some of these levels get.
Old 11-03-08, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,380 Likes on 4,366 Posts
that's pretty cool. Anyone try the Pac Man level? I was pretty impressed by that one as well.
Old 11-03-08, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Holy schnikes!
Old 11-03-08, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

OK I am an idjit! I didn't realize you couild hold onto the big spinning wheels in The Canyon! I have been trying to pass that level since day one!

Also I think someone(Music72) joined me in the game but I couldn't see them!

This game is so addictive!
Old 11-03-08, 08:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by HotThang
OK I am an idjit! I didn't realize you couild hold onto the big spinning wheels in The Canyon! I have been trying to pass that level since day one!

Also I think someone(Music72) joined me in the game but I couldn't see them!

This game is so addictive!
Avoid that Music fellow like the plague. True story, he has webbed toes.

:P
Old 11-03-08, 08:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 138 Likes on 107 Posts
webbed toes?

Yeah, I joined, but all I could do was watch. It flashed some message about past close level or something, but I missed exactly what it said.

I still had fun watching you play though... that is one of the great things about this game.
Old 11-03-08, 08:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Mr. Music
webbed toes?

Yeah, I joined, but all I could do was watch. It flashed some message about past close level or something, but I missed exactly what it said.

I still had fun watching you play though... that is one of the great things about this game.
Hey, i have election eve jitters. It was the best mild insult i could come up with on the fly.

I have really enjoyed watching this thread btw. The videos and things look incredible and make me a little jealous i don't have a PS3 yet.
Old 11-03-08, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Mr. Music
webbed toes?

I didn't realize you could just watch people play! Cool. I'll have to try that. I definitely have to get some multiplayer action going so that I can get some of the 2 player items.
Old 11-03-08, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 415 Likes on 311 Posts
So people can just pop in and join your game anytime?
Old 11-03-08, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,380 Likes on 4,366 Posts
Originally Posted by nickdawgy
So people can just pop in and join your game anytime?
Yes, in any level if you select "Play Online". If you don't want that to happen, select the second choice, "Play On My Own" instead.

I saw under the game's "News" feature that we should be getting those free outfits (Space Suit, Mm T-shirt) from the PSN store now, but I sure as hell can't find them anywhere. Anyone else have any luck with that?
Old 11-03-08, 10:46 PM

What's up... check out my custom SackBoys.

Assassin's Creed Altair:
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y19...066053_0_0.jpg

Leonidas:
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y19...095621_0_0.jpg

Super Ninja:
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y19...039813_0_0.jpg

Grim Reaper (unfinished):
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y19...012549_0_0.jpg

My SackBoy:
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y19...987589_0_0.jpg

What do you guys think?

The ninja's face has alot of detail in terms of skin texture and shadows... too bad it doesn't show up well through my camera phone... anyway I think it's alot better than the premade all black ninja skin. The Leonidas mustache, I had to make myself, the beard though is Kratos' colored black. Also I added some blood on the blades of Leonidas and the ninja.
Old 11-03-08, 11:28 PM

I think they're supposed to be coming on Friday. At least the spaceman suit is, there seems to be some question as to whether or not that t-shirt will be offered.
Old 11-03-08, 11:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
I'm hdtv00 on psn if anyone wants to play.
Old 11-03-08, 11:37 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 924 Likes on 656 Posts
None of your links are working for me.
Old 11-03-08, 11:59 PM

Sorry, I just moved them here:

http://s462.photobucket.com/albums/qq344/lefthook_sd/
Old 11-04-08, 08:40 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

LittleBigWorkshop is up and running! Your old LittleBigPlanet news link will work, but here's the new link:

http://news.littlebigworkshop.com/en-us/
Old 11-04-08, 06:20 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by The Bus
This game, on the surface, seems to be crack. But there's something very wrong with it. (Read: Thing I'm not good at). Those pink platforms in the Brazil / Day of the Dead level: good grief, the timing on those is absolutely terrible. I keep dying and can't finish the level. Any tips?
Bamp.
Old 11-04-08, 07:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by The Bus
Bamp.

Not useful info but...keep in mind the levels aren't timed. Just take your time and practice jumping straight up and down on the pink platforms until you get the timing down. Once you have it, jump to the next platform. Wash rinse repeat.

Wait until you get to the cloth wheels that you have to jump back and forth on! Aye!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.