Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Official Little Big Planet (PS3) Thread!

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Official Little Big Planet (PS3) Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-08, 05:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think I'll be guilty of spending money on the shirt... I'm addicted to making custom costumes at the moment. Unless there's already some kind of t-shirt in the game. I haven't seen it though.
Old 11-06-08, 05:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by UncleGramps
Nope, I just suck at maintaining my friends list. I'll have to clear out a few people who I never play with or talk to anymore.

Time for the friends list Survivor? I had to do that a couple days back to whittle myself down to about 85 friends.

Does the PS3 limit the number of people on your friends list? I personally hate the 360 limitation of 100.
Old 11-06-08, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by xmiyux
Does the PS3 limit the number of people on your friends list? I personally hate the 360 limitation of 100.
Dunno. I don't know 100 people with PS3s.
Old 11-06-08, 06:10 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I tend to just change costumes on a whim and haven't saved one yet. Personally it isn't a big deal to me. They could have only had the original sackboy in the game and I would have been fine with it... that isn't to say that I won't be downloading all freebies that are offered though!
Old 11-06-08, 09:24 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
I've downloaed the freebies but I seriously doubt I will spend more than $1 or $2 on any custom shirts and that's only if they're awesome.

I have to say, making a quality level is just as hard as it was back when I was doing Unreal maps on UnrealEd ten years ago. I'm up to about 50% of the thermometer and I've used up maybe 1/16th of the area, if that. Hopefully, within the week I will have something done. And you all need to heart it.
Old 11-07-08, 12:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by xmiyux
Time for the friends list Survivor? I had to do that a couple days back to whittle myself down to about 85 friends.

I wish you could group them.
Old 11-07-08, 05:56 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Baron Of Hell
I wish you could group them.
That is what i have been clamoring for the entire time. I want to tag my friends. The ones who i only play Rock Band with i would like to put into a collapsible Rock Band folder. This would have been awesome back in the original Xbox day because i played a niche game Phantom Dust pretty heavily online. There was zero overlap between my Phantom Dust friends and every other game so i ended up having to take up a good 20 people on my FL with PD folks if i wanted to have a chance at spotting one of them online.

If these machines can stream HD movies and let me play with people all over the world then it is silly they limit me to 100 friends.
Old 11-07-08, 10:06 AM

Finished off the last level last night. Nowhere near 100% of course, but at least I got through it all.

Now I can focus on my level and the various objects I need for it.
Old 11-07-08, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

C-Mart...

I saw you out there yesterday! Good deal! The first Collector level game me an idea about the ships in Moon Patrol.

Last edited by RockyMtnBri; 11-07-08 at 10:46 AM.
Old 11-07-08, 12:21 PM

The Gradius video gave me some ideas for my level...

Here are some tutorials from G4 on making stuff. Not super in-depth, bet helpful if the basics are eluding you. Linky

Part 1: Elevators, Springs, and Pistons
<object width="320" height="298" id="VideoPlayer"><param name="movie" value="http://www.g4tv.com/sv3/34579" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><embed src="http://www.g4tv.com/sv3/34579" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" name="VideoPlayer" width="320" height="298" allowScriptAccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" /></object>

Part 2: Hidden Passages, Windows, and Swings
<object width="320" height="298" id="VideoPlayer"><param name="movie" value="http://www.g4tv.com/sv3/34570" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><embed src="http://www.g4tv.com/sv3/34570" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" name="VideoPlayer" width="320" height="298" allowScriptAccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" /></object>

Part 3: Catapults, See-Saws, and Emitters
<object width="320" height="298" id="VideoPlayer"><param name="movie" value="http://www.g4tv.com/sv3/34574" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><embed src="http://www.g4tv.com/sv3/34574" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" name="VideoPlayer" width="320" height="298" allowScriptAccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" /></object>

Part 4: Vehicles
<object width="320" height="298" id="VideoPlayer"><param name="movie" value="http://www.g4tv.com/sv3/34575" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><embed src="http://www.g4tv.com/sv3/34575" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" name="VideoPlayer" width="320" height="298" allowScriptAccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" /></object>
Old 11-07-08, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Now I'm jonesing to build a pinball machine where your Sackboy IS the pinball!
Old 11-07-08, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

BTW, if you guys haven't been there yet:

http://littlebigplanet.us.playstation.com/default.aspx

Lots of good ideas and inspirations.
Old 11-07-08, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Well, the level is coming along slower than expected but today I built a nice unlockable for it: a Deep Crow taxicab.
Old 11-09-08, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Finished story mode! Now I am going back through to Ace the levels and get some of the multiplayer bubbles if I see any of you guys on to invite/join. LOL
Old 11-09-08, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

HotThang...

Doin' the same! I finished the Collector level yesterday and went back to the Wedding to grab more stuff! I still need help from another player to bag the two player stuff. I tried to add you but the ID you have for your 360 isn't valid on PSN, so I used your screen name here and it worked.

Last edited by RockyMtnBri; 11-09-08 at 07:10 PM.
Old 11-10-08, 01:04 PM

I was reading something in the workshop forums and basically it said that you can sticker your sackboy! Is that true? Has anyone done it?

I'm at work or I would try it right now.

Anyway, my level is going slowly. Each object I am creating takes several attempts, and a lot of time. I haven't even gotten to the level itself yet!
Old 11-10-08, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Rocky, what's your PSN? It would help if you made it your sig.
Old 11-10-08, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by RockyMtnBri
HotThang...

Doin' the same! I finished the Collector level yesterday and went back to the Wedding to grab more stuff! I still need help from another player to bag the two player stuff. I tried to add you but the ID you have for your 360 isn't valid on PSN, so I used your screen name here and it worked.

It should be Leviosa. It's in my signature.

Edit: I just realized I never changed my signature! LOL. I didn't see your request so I just sent you one. Sorry for all of the confusion!

Last edited by HotThang; 11-10-08 at 01:45 PM.
Old 11-10-08, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts
I've been playing this half and half with Rock Band 2 over the past week, with LBP slowly getting more and more time. Seems like they have alot for the average gamer to dive into.
Old 11-10-08, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by The Bus
Rocky, what's your PSN? It would help if you made it your sig.
It's my ID here.
Old 11-10-08, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by HotThang
It should be Leviosa. It's in my signature.

Edit: I just realized I never changed my signature! LOL. I didn't see your request so I just sent you one. Sorry for all of the confusion!
We'll get it straight - I may be on tonight.
Old 11-10-08, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by C-Mart
I was reading something in the workshop forums and basically it said that you can sticker your sackboy! Is that true? Has anyone done it?
You can, and I have! I made the Fantastic Four just by using the solid color stickers. It's tricky, but it works!
Old 11-10-08, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

My new challenge is to make something like a ski lift where you have something hanging from a connector that is connected to a moving belt that pulls in a certain direction. Now that I think about it, the conveyor belt in Metropolis may hold the key!
Old 11-10-08, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just played user created Ico and Bioshock levels. Both were pretty entertaining. I also played a Mario level that was a little frustrating. Too much use of slippery glass and fire. Not an easy combo to navigate! LOL

I didn't realize that users could create their own prize bubbles. I gathered quite a bit of user created stuff. Some cool...some not so. I can't wait to try my hand at some creations!
Old 11-10-08, 05:54 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by RockyMtnBri
My new challenge is to make something like a ski lift where you have something hanging from a connector that is connected to a moving belt that pulls in a certain direction. Now that I think about it, the conveyor belt in Metropolis may hold the key!
A few levels have this. It's basically a wheel that moves uphill, tied to a string and a sponge you grab onto.

Originally Posted by HotThang
I just played user created Ico and Bioshock levels. Both were pretty entertaining. I also played a Mario level that was a little frustrating. Too much use of slippery glass and fire. Not an easy combo to navigate! LOL

I didn't realize that users could create their own prize bubbles. I gathered quite a bit of user created stuff. Some cool...some not so. I can't wait to try my hand at some creations!
There's a tank that's pretty cool.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.