Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Deep Discount DVD Code and Aftermath

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Deep Discount DVD Code and Aftermath

Old 06-10-04, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WOW! I just got an email from DDD saying that my Simpsons Season 4 and Dead Like Me sets have shipped today. Thanks DDD for the nice discount and the early ship date. Keep in mind i ordered around 3pm yesterday so my order my not be a good indication of how long some of the later order will take to ship.
Old 06-10-04, 02:17 PM

Originally posted by CS@DeepDiscount
Dear DeepDiscountDVD.com Customers,

The promotional code posted on this and other forums was being tested internally and it was not intended to be released to the public yesterday. We do take this matter seriously and are conducting an investigation into exactly where the leak occurred.

We do, however, appreciate your enthusiasm for shopping with DeepDiscountDVD.com and we will honor the orders that we received. We're sorry that many of you were unable to submit your orders because of the heavy load on our servers. We had not planned for the additional traffic at this time.

Again, we do thank you for supporting DeepDiscountDVD.com over the years and hope that you'll continue to shop with us in the days to come!

Sincerely,

David Barker
VP Ecommerce
DeepDiscountDVD.com

Wow, that is seriously cool of you guys. I'm definitely going to be ordering from DDD a lot more from now on.
Old 06-10-04, 02:19 PM

Originally posted by Kaervak
Wow, that is seriously cool of you guys. I'm definitely going to be ordering from DDD a lot more from now on.
Agreed. This is why DDD gets 90% of my online DVD dollar, and 75% overall. I don't buy many, compared to some on this site, with 400 in my collection, I still am happy to support a site who knows how to treat its customers.

Two cheers.
Old 06-10-04, 02:23 PM

I'd like to chime in my thanks to DDVD as well, since they are listening - not just for this situation, but for being the best site to order from in general. I've always spread the word around to anyone I know.

N
Old 06-10-04, 02:26 PM

DDD rules and will continue to get my business! Thanks for honoring the orders from those of us that were lucky enough to get an order in hehe.
Old 06-10-04, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by NatL
I've always spread the word around to anyone I know.

Me too .... so I spend 45 minutes on the quirky site getting a $400++ order through for a friend of mine, and when I went to place my order........
Old 06-10-04, 02:35 PM

I guess this teaches me to just order everything in my cart instead of making a decision about what not to get.
Old 06-10-04, 02:38 PM

Hmm... just recieved the 2nd email on my order from last night, and the total is that of the regular site prices, without the "promo discount" total that my first email had -- so it's $35 higher than the first total.

maybe their system is still reeling from all of this, but I sure hope they don't start shipping stuff out and billing the higher prices -- one thing I don't like about DDD is their handing of customer service emails.
Old 06-10-04, 02:45 PM

One thing that would be nice at DDVD is if they gave you the ability to cancel items and orders on the site.
Old 06-10-04, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

If they are honoring orders, why the hell was one of mine cancelled?
Old 06-10-04, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by mljones99
If they are honoring orders, why the hell was one of mine cancelled?
call them
Old 06-10-04, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

i... am... so... piss off

why oh why did i wait....

sigh
Old 06-10-04, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
It's amazing how excited we get over 20% ...

I saved 8$... 8 stinkin bucks , but it seems like $1000.....
Old 06-10-04, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Money saved on DVD is money better spent elsewhere, like strip clubs

The only reason it feels like a big deal (for me) was because I was looking at higher dollar box sets and $8-$10 off each set is a big deal on top of an already LOW price.

I too am pissed that I missed this.

This is like the 3rd time this year I have been burned about being indecisive about a big purchase during a "special"

Dell gets me all the time because they pull their promotions earlier than promised. This time there was no promise I just balked at placing the order.

One day I'll learn that I'd be better off ordering and cancelling than not having ordered at all.

Arg!

That's what I get for making my list and checking it twice.

The next time I'll order my "must have" titles immediately since there are no shipping charges.

Now I'm wondering if DDD will actually run the 20% Offer promotion any time soon.

At least this thread saved me the trouble of shopping the site only to find the discount code is dead at the order submittal page.

For that I thank everyone for posting their experiences and also the OP for making a timely update to the initial post.

Bob
Old 06-10-04, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Bob_F1
Now I'm wondering if DDD will actually run the 20% Offer promotion any time soon.
This is why the sale was such a complete surprise. Many of us, after the sale last year, thought we would have to wait another 11 months before DDD would do another one. I placed a small order this time around, as did others...
Old 06-10-04, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I missed out on ordering a few in-stock items, but I got a great deal on some pre-orders. It sucks for DDD if this was really an unintentional mistaske, but it's great to see them honor it.
Old 06-10-04, 03:22 PM

Yes, I ordered multiple DVDs during the last sale spread out over several orders. The last sale was up for so long that I assumed that this one would be run for a similar period. But you know what they say about people that "assume".

Bob

Originally posted by DrGerbil
This is why the sale was such a complete surprise. Many of us, after the sale last year, thought we would have to wait another 11 months before DDD would do another one. I placed a small order this time around, as did others...
Old 06-10-04, 03:24 PM

Originally posted by Randy Miller III
It sucks for DDD if this was really an unintentional mistaske, but it's great to see them honor it.
I thought that too. And then I realized I was being grateful for the opportunity to give them at least $1000 of my money come Fall when the last of my pre-orders ships.

It might have been an unintentional, "forced" sale, but it still seems like they got plenty of business out of it. And the sad thing is, I would probably go back and order even more if I could.
Old 06-10-04, 03:29 PM

Update to my post on page 1 of this thread.

Woohoo! a second email with the order # for 13 DVD's/Box sets arrived. All items in stock and the price reflects the 20% discount. Earlier this morning I received the second email with order # for 5 Preorder DVD/Box sets. Sweet!

Thanks OP and DDD. Things are looking good.
Old 06-10-04, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I didn't get my order in before the buzzer, but I was Oh...so....Close!

I still thank DDD for honoring the orders of the lucky bastards that did get their orders placed.
Old 06-10-04, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Location: second star on the right and straight on to the morning
My main ordering site is DDD. The rest is from impulse at B&Ms. I have ALWAYS had good service and prices from DDD. I just happened upon the codes last night as I was waiting for the site to load. I got lucky. I order from DDD because of their history with me and I would have ordered without the coupon-- but I do love the coupons!!!

Hopefully we will get legit coupons from DDD soon.

Old 06-10-04, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
well, thanks to my current situation I wasn't able to put in an order. but, i've placed 17 orders with them since 2002 and i've never once had a problem.

since i'm one of those people that needs "instant gratification", I only use DDD if I can wait for the disc [or if the price is real good]. but, after seeing some of what ya'll ordered , I hope this experience makes people realize what a class act DDD is.

for DDD

just please wait until my personal drama lets up before the next mishap...
Old 06-10-04, 04:30 PM

ddd stole $500 from ch with this deal! i've been buying box sets as fulfilments on ch - slowly building a collection. when this deal hit i decided screw it and ordered every dvd on my want list, everything from box sets to disney greats which ch doesn't even carry. im another one of those first time customers with ddd. that is prolly why they decided to send out the orders - all the new customers. plus with the sheer volume of dvds ordered i doubt they ended up in the red.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.