Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Deep Discount DVD Code and Aftermath

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Deep Discount DVD Code and Aftermath

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-04, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
These discounts are way better, in most cases, than my Best Buy discount. Thanks for honoring them Triple Ds. Mmm..Triple Ds.
Old 06-10-04, 04:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Although I got lucky with this one, my first order w/DDD around X-mas time wasn't so good. I waited 50 days for back orders that never came. Jeez for what? a $20 savings? After repeated phone calls and emails to DDD, they just kept asking me to wait. Finally they reordered everything and filled my order. IMO, like everyone else, DDD has its good and bad days.

no more whining from me. DDD is one of the good ones again.
Old 06-10-04, 04:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I pre-ordered a lot of great stuff scheduled to come out between now and fall. DDD is always my first choice for buying DVDs online, so these prices make it even sweeter. I seriously hope the company doesn't suffer any ill effects for this glitch.

Thanks, DDD, for allowing this deal to stand. You're a class act for the ages.

JiM T
Old 06-10-04, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I still want to know where Bubba Ho-Tep is. I can't find it on the site anywhere, but I see that some of you have ordered it.

Am I insane or something?
Old 06-10-04, 04:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by BrentLumkin
I still want to know where Bubba Ho-Tep is. I can't find it on the site anywhere, but I see that some of you have ordered it.

Am I insane or something?
maybe
http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=MGD006462
Old 06-10-04, 04:58 PM

Well, I know a few people who said that honoring these orders goes a long way towards making up for some of the less than stellar customer service they've received in recent months. So, I definitely think this will help keep or bring back some people that were on the fence about doing any more business with them.
Old 06-10-04, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Thanks, I looked for that for so long. I even did a search, and last night it wouldn't bring up anything for me.

Blast it!
Old 06-10-04, 05:06 PM
Cool New Member

"Bubba Ho-Tep" is listed as "Bubba Ho Tep". I had the same problem last night. I found it by searching for "Bubba".

I realized this problem a few months ago when I looked for "Robotech Re-Master".
Old 06-10-04, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'd also like to say thanks to the guys at DDD, in case they read this. It's a real class act that you would still allow all of these orders to stand, when you didn't really have to or anything. You were already my favorite online source for DVDs, but even more so now, heh.

I just wish I had've placed an even larger order last night.
Old 06-10-04, 05:15 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Both of my orders are still listed as open. I would have been okay either way they handled this and understood. If they would have canceled I would have saved money. I ordered stuff last night that I could do without but ordered only because of the good price. I'm always behind in watching my stuff and can never just choose old stuff to rewatch because of all the new stuff. Just in case, I haven't canceled my Amazon preorders yet.

Last edited by GMLSKIS; 06-10-04 at 05:27 PM.
Old 06-10-04, 05:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by BrentLumkin
Thanks, I looked for that for so long. I even did a search, and last night it wouldn't bring up anything for me.

Blast it!
Don't feel bad about it. Bubba Ho-Tep is currently in back order hell... and I got it around midnight.
Old 06-10-04, 05:34 PM

Ordered at 10:10 eastern last nite. Initial email confirms the 20% off. However, the followup email today shows about a 4% discount......what to do???? Advice??? THANKS!
Old 06-10-04, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by gcribbs
you mean about it being a test?

I think they are just not telling us they made a mistake.

I see no reason why any company would test codes that are already public from a previous sale and test all of them at the same time.

I am not saying they are lying. I am just saying they are not telling us the real truth

why not test new codes

185?test592/

is a code that is not likely to be guessed and if it was you would know it came from inside. reusing the codes from the last sale would not allow them to find out if it was leaked.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&i...=Google+Search

the second result showed the code from december
Truthfully, I could give a rats fat ass if they want to admit to a mistake or not, at least they can honor the deal and actually take considering towards the customer. Thats very rare these days.

I admit, I use to damn DDDVD and the way a few order in the past went, but the last few orders (2 were due to missprices) that were honored was amazing. These guys are on my good list and I love giving them my business!
Old 06-10-04, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by New Rambler
Ordered at 10:10 eastern last nite. Initial email confirms the 20% off. However, the followup email today shows about a 4% discount......what to do???? Advice??? THANKS!
Wait until it ships and check your credit card account to verify the charges are correct. Not much else you can do.
Old 06-10-04, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Last time when the coupon came up, they raised prices. I was surprised by this coupon because prices had stayed the same. I didn't order anything because taxes kill (or at least even it out with STL from Amazon)
Old 06-10-04, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,324 Likes on 965 Posts
Last night I was ordering and, while the site was sluggish, I laid down to watch some TV and fell asleep. I woke up around 1:30am and once my head cleared I went back and finished ordering... the site was much faster at 1:30am Wheeeeew! Glad I finished ordering!

THANK YOU DDD FOR HONORING THE ORDERS!! You're my #1 online site and will continue doing business with you.

Now I'm curious about this "2 email confirmation" thing. I always get one email confirming my order and the 2nd email is the shipping notice. Do others get 3 emails?
Old 06-10-04, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by MSD
Hopefully they will cancel all the orders.
who benefits from that comment??
Old 06-10-04, 05:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I can't beleive this I skip using this site for the day and I miss out on a deal. Well all those that got in I wish you the best. And if ya got anything extra you know who to call

(For those that don't know who I was referring to it was me you were supposed to call )
Old 06-10-04, 05:57 PM

Just wanted to chime in with my $0.02 and say a big THANK YOU to DDD for honoring their orders. I agree that they definitely didn't have to since it was an unintentional leak, but they did, and that in itself shows a lot for what they think of their customers.

-NHN
Old 06-10-04, 05:58 PM

Originally posted by TomOpus
Last night I was ordering and, while the site was sluggish, I laid down to watch some TV and fell asleep. I woke up around 1:30am and once my head cleared I went back and finished ordering... the site was much faster at 1:30am Wheeeeew! Glad I finished ordering!

THANK YOU DDD FOR HONORING THE ORDERS!! You're my #1 online site and will continue doing business with you.

Now I'm curious about this "2 email confirmation" thing. I always get one email confirming my order and the 2nd email is the shipping notice. Do others get 3 emails?

Email 1 is a quickie that tells what you ordered, the quantity and price.

Email 2 is the same, but tells you if it's a pre-order, in-stock or a back order, as well as the quantity and price. It also gives you the order number.

Email 3 - whatever comes as each item ships.

The first email you get also states the following....

Thank you for ordering from DeepDiscountDVD.com!
Your order information appears below.
YOU WILL RECEIVE ANOTHER EMAIL WITH AN ORDER CONFIRMATION NUMBER.
Old 06-10-04, 06:02 PM

Now I'm curious about this "2 email confirmation" thing. I always get one email confirming my order and the 2nd email is the shipping notice. Do others get 3 emails? [/B]
I usually receive three emails from DDD.

The first one says "Thank you for ordering.... You will receive another email with an ORDER CONFIRMATION NUMBER..."

The second email is titled "Your order with DeepDiscountDVD.com which includes the all important Order #, Puchase info summary, billing and shipping info, and order details.

The third one is the shipping confirmation email that says "We thought you would like to know... The item(s) listed below shipped today...."
Old 06-10-04, 06:27 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I only get 2 emails from DDD. the 1st is the "your order with DDD" and the 2nd is the "we thought you would..."
Old 06-10-04, 06:32 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by CS@DeepDiscount
Dear DeepDiscountDVD.com Customers,

The promotional code posted on this and other forums was being tested internally and it was not intended to be released to the public yesterday. We do take this matter seriously and are conducting an investigation into exactly where the leak occurred.

We do, however, appreciate your enthusiasm for shopping with DeepDiscountDVD.com and we will honor the orders that we received. We're sorry that many of you were unable to submit your orders because of the heavy load on our servers. We had not planned for the additional traffic at this time.

Again, we do thank you for supporting DeepDiscountDVD.com over the years and hope that you'll continue to shop with us in the days to come!

Sincerely,

David Barker
VP Ecommerce
DeepDiscountDVD.com

Thanks
Old 06-10-04, 06:42 PM
g

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts
Thanks DDD. Glad I got 300 dollars in orders last night. I am cancelling my amazon preorders with the sales tax I have to pay in wa state for them . This deal help me save mucho.
Old 06-10-04, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by heffalump
I usually receive three emails from DDD.

The first one says "Thank you for ordering.... You will receive another email with an ORDER CONFIRMATION NUMBER..."

The second email is titled "Your order with DeepDiscountDVD.com which includes the all important Order #, Puchase info summary, billing and shipping info, and order details.

The third one is the shipping confirmation email that says "We thought you would like to know... The item(s) listed below shipped today...."
I usually get the same thing from DDD. But with my current DDD order with the 20% off I received only the second email and not the first. Didn't get the initial confirmation email this time for some reason.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.