Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Deep Discount DVD Code and Aftermath

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Deep Discount DVD Code and Aftermath

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-04, 10:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by Franchot
It's been my experience that when people receive merchandise and everything goes smoothly, they tend to move on with their lives and DON'T post their positive experiences. However, people who have had a negative experience tend to post much more--as a way of venting their dissatisfaction and calling attention to the company that "screwed" them. I'd suggest you look at the poll in the other thread to get a more "realistic" idea of the number of people who have had "lots" of problems with this discount. From the way I read the data, I'd say that DDD is doing a good job under the circumstances.

Just my 2 cents...
I did look at the poll and 10 out of 49 people who have had some sort of conclusion to their order (cancelled / credit card charged / or shipped) did NOT have a good experience. That's 20% of the people! Even if we assume that the rest of the 85 people have their orders go through perfectly, that's still 8% who had an experience that was less than desirable. Just from reading this thread, I can guarantee that not all of those 85 people will have smooth experiences.

What percent of people who have issues is acceptable? 5% 10% 20%?

My whole point was that I think DDD should have been more consistent with the way they handled the situation. Either give everyone the discount (who's orders reflected the discount) or don't. And if you don't, tell them.
Old 06-15-04, 11:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Franchot
From the way I read the data, I'd say that DDD is doing a good job under the circumstances.

Just my 2 cents...
I take it your order must have shipped at the discounted price.
Old 06-16-04, 12:26 AM

I placed an order for several forthcoming discs, the first of which shipped yesterday. DDD's shipping notification email shows the non-discounted price, so I checked my account, which shows an order total with the discounted total, but each disc shows the full price. And it hasn't shown up on my credit card statement yet to see what exactly I've been charged. This is slowly becoming more trouble than it was worth.
Old 06-16-04, 12:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have a quick question.

For the last 20% off sale at DDD (and yes I know that the one around Christmas was on purpose while this one wasn't meant to be), did anyone have all of these problems? Or is all of the problems just just because it wasn't meant to happen in the first place?
Old 06-16-04, 01:06 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by BrentLumkin
I have a quick question.

For the last 20% off sale at DDD (and yes I know that the one around Christmas was on purpose while this one wasn't meant to be), did anyone have all of these problems? Or is all of the problems just just because it wasn't meant to happen in the first place?
There were lots of problems with the previous 20% off sale last year. Just do a search and you will find many different threads with various problems. But probably the biggest complaint was the delay of DDD shipping out orders. I did have to wait a while for some of my items to ship, but was overall very happy and satisfied with how DDD handled it considering they were swamped with orders. So far this time around it has gone even more smoothly then the last 20% off sale. Most of the DVDs were in stock and were promptly shipped.
Old 06-16-04, 01:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Very interesting. I just find that rather odd since this one wasn't even meant to happen.
Old 06-16-04, 01:33 AM

b4 Christmas, My online order did not go through and after waiting 48 hrs, I needed to reorder over the phone. After many emails and repeated phone calls, the CSR's at DDD said "just wait. It's coming."

Finally, after my fourth CSR, the guy just said he'd reorder everything and send it first class. I never did receive my original order, so I wonder why the first three CSR's said, "wait" "it's on its way" "it can take 15 business days" After the 4th CSR and another reorder, I got my order four days later, but after waiting 50 days for my order to arrive, was it worth it to save $12?

IMO, DDD like anyone, has its good and bad days.
Old 06-17-04, 06:12 PM

So here's my story... I placed my order around 10:30 am Thursday morning. The 20% was taken off and my first email had the discount listed. The 2nd email with the order number did not have the 20% taken off. The order status on DDD's website still had the discount applied. The 3rd email which was my shipping email, did not have the discount applied. This shipment had all my dvds except one which was backordered. I checked my credit card statement today and they billed me for the full amount with no discount. I called DDD today and they said they would honor the 20% discount but they could not issue me a credit until the final backordered item had shipped. They said the credit would be issued "automatically" and that I didn't need to call back. Hopefully this is true but I will be watching my credit card statement to make sure this is true.
Old 06-18-04, 06:45 PM
Registered

Closing this thread as the sale is now on!

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=370248