DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Rate My DVD Collection

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-09, 09:05 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Rate My DVD Collection

Originally Posted by visitor Q
Sorry guys ..drinking, being stupid and posting is a bad idea.
But doesn't that pretty much describe 75% of us?
Old 04-26-09, 10:08 AM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 907 Likes on 767 Posts

Originally Posted by LickTheABCs
Your Steelbook's are just awesome.

Your collection I'd say is an A. Glad to see somebody else who owns the brilliant "Plaga Zombie: Mutant Zone", If I was going to recommend something I'd say check out Baby Blues. It's a very good small horror film about a mother who believes god wants her to kill her children. Tough to watch (that is, if you don't like seeing kids in danger)..

also, where did you get the "Once More, With Feeling" disc? Been meaning to pick that up.
kids in peril is tough to watch, especially being a teacher, but fiction is fiction.

i got "Once More With Feeling" from Amazon.uk, i believe, but honestly it is a waste if you have the complete collection R1 or just that season.

there is PAL speedup and you can notice.
Old 04-26-09, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I invite people to rate mine, again. However, I haven't the patience to even look through the whole thing usually, so I don't blame people who don't want to make the effort.
Old 04-26-09, 11:07 PM

Any feedback is appreciated.

Check sig for my two collection listings.
Old 04-26-09, 11:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by drew4824
Any feedback is appreciated.

Check sig for my two collection listings.
Well you get an A for you season sets, but other than that its pretty basic stuff nothing really diverse(but mine isn't much better so please don't take offense), I'd give you a C. I noticed Eyes Wide Shut, you may try some other of Kubrick's work.
Old 04-27-09, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by paradicelost
Well you get an A for you season sets, but other than that its pretty basic stuff nothing really diverse(but mine isn't much better so please don't take offense), I'd give you a C. I noticed Eyes Wide Shut, you may try some other of Kubrick's work.
p-dice,
take a crack at mine?
Old 04-27-09, 12:57 PM

scott 1598 you have an impressive mainstream collection, I can only suggest a few non r1 stuff
MIND Game (Japan), Taxidermia (Hungary) , Bittersweet life (Korea) , Solaris (Russia).

http://yachtsman.dvdaf.com/
Old 04-27-09, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by scott1598
p-dice,
take a crack at mine?
I looked at it a couple of days ago, and your collection gets an A just in your steelbooks alone but I'll have to wait to get off work to take a closer look to see if i have anything to offer in suggestions.
Old 04-27-09, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by yachtsman
scott 1598 you have an impressive mainstream collection, I can only suggest a few non r1 stuff
MIND Game (Japan), Taxidermia (Hungary) , Bittersweet life (Korea) , Solaris (Russia).

ok, thanks for suggestions. are these horror movies? i've kinda stopped importing for the time being bc i have been disappointed in the past and hasn't been worth the expense.
Old 04-27-09, 02:54 PM

I looked at it a couple of days ago, and your collection gets an A just in your steelbooks alone but I'll have to wait to get off work to take a closer look to see if i have anything to offer in suggestions.
no problem. not a biggie. i was just curious since you seem to be such a thorough reviewer
Old 04-27-09, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

no problem. not a biggie. i was just curious since you seem to be such a thorough reviewer
I saw the Beyond, you may try some other Fulci stuff, New York Ripper, Don't Torture a Duckling, and I may have missed it but Mario Bava has a lot of good flicks as well, Black Sunday, Lisa and the Devil, etc. Also Sergio Martino's "Torso" is really good as well.

Last edited by paradicelost; 04-27-09 at 03:44 PM.
Old 04-27-09, 04:07 PM

I saw the Beyond, you may try some other Fulci stuff, New York Ripper, Don't Torture a Duckling, and I may have missed it but Mario Bava has a lot of good flicks as well, Black Sunday, Lisa and the Devil, etc. Also Sergio Martino's "Torso" is really good as well.
see Fulci is hit or miss because i loved "The Beyond", but didn't like "Zombie 2" the couple times i tried to get through it, which is one of his better known efforts and has such a following. haven't gotten around to watching my "City of the Living Dead" yet. Argento is the same way, like some ("Phenomena") , didn't like others like "Suspiria".

don't have any Bava as of yet.

Last edited by OldBoy; 04-27-09 at 04:10 PM.
Old 04-27-09, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

don't have any Bava as of yet.
Dude, "Black Sunday" aka Mask of Satan, one of the films that made 1960 one of the best years in horror and "Twitch of the Death Nerve".
Old 04-27-09, 05:35 PM

Dude, "Black Sunday" aka Mask of Satan, one of the films that made 1960 one of the best years in horror and "Twitch of the Death Nerve".
k, i'll be on the lookout.
Old 04-27-09, 08:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

k, i'll be on the lookout.
Both Bava boxes from AB are worth getting, especially the first one.
Old 04-27-09, 11:37 PM

NoirFan amazing collection !!! A
Have you ever seen OLDBOY (Korea), Paprika (Japan, Satoshi Kon), Stalker (Russia,Tarkovsky) or Bittersweet life (Korea)? I understand you are not fun of anime or documentary?
If I ever hit a jackpot I will check your collection to include pretty much every other title to my wishlist.

Old 04-30-09, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

NoirFan...I'm looking through your collection now. I doubt I'll get all the way through it, it's that massive. Do you have all of these displayed? I'd be interested in seeing pictures if you have any.

Thumbs way up for the Alan Clarke boxset. That's been on my wish list for awhile now.

I don't really know how to rate these, but you'd definitely get an A from me and I'm only halfway through the C's.

The only recommendation I have (I've looked at 1/3 of your films now) is to expand on your comedies...just to lighten up the collection a bit.

Last edited by dino88; 04-30-09 at 04:52 PM.
Old 05-01-09, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Someone can try mine again, i added around 10-11 last week.
Old 05-01-09, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Someone can try mine again, i added around 10-11 last week.
I'm assuming the "family's" DVDs are included with your own, given the heavy children's stuff & Full House, & then quite the amount of hardcore horror titles.

Your horror selection is nice, I'm not a big TV guy, I've never seen most of the stuff you own, but you also have a lot of great stuff as well, love Pushing Daises, Angel, love Ducktales (you should get Darkwing Duck). You seriously, need Arrested Development & I cannot recommend enough It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia. You also need to buy the rest of the Justice League Unlimited stuff. You should definitely get the Wonder Woman animate movie. The best animated comic book movie by far. And I can't stress enough how much you should check out Avatar: The Last Airbender.

You definitely need to beef up on the classics. Check out the Val Lewton Box set, The Thin Man, or some Hitchcock sets.

Overall pretty nice collection. Plenty of good stuff.
Old 05-02-09, 01:12 AM
jet

Hi All, Just wondering if you could take a quick look at my collection and suggest some new titles to watch. You don't have to grade the collection unless you really want to, but constructive criticism is appreciated.

Thanks,

John

http://jet.dvdaf.com/owned
Old 05-02-09, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Jet, you have a very nice selection of noirs, but you might want to check out Night and the City, Detour, Touch of Evil, Thieves Highway and Kiss of Death. Overall an excellent collection, with plenty of classic films, but I'm going to have to dock you points for Enough and License to Drive. B+
Old 05-02-09, 11:24 AM
jet

Hey NoirFan, Come on, License To Drive is a fun movie.....can't explain Enough, however, other than it was $3.

P.S. I do have Touch Of Evil, just don't have it listed for some odd reason. Will check out the other. Thanks.

John
Old 05-02-09, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Sessa17
I'm assuming the "family's" DVDs are included with your own, given the heavy children's stuff & Full House, & then quite the amount of hardcore horror titles.

Your horror selection is nice, I'm not a big TV guy, I've never seen most of the stuff you own, but you also have a lot of great stuff as well, love Pushing Daises, Angel, love Ducktales (you should get Darkwing Duck). You seriously, need Arrested Development & I cannot recommend enough It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia. You also need to buy the rest of the Justice League Unlimited stuff. You should definitely get the Wonder Woman animate movie. The best animated comic book movie by far. And I can't stress enough how much you should check out Avatar: The Last Airbender.

You definitely need to beef up on the classics. Check out the Val Lewton Box set, The Thin Man, or some Hitchcock sets.

Overall pretty nice collection. Plenty of good stuff.
I have Wonder Woman film put in my Blu-Ray category. Thanks for the recommendations, I agree with pretty much all of it.

Last edited by paradicelost; 05-02-09 at 01:35 PM.
Old 05-02-09, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by jet
License To Drive is a fun movie.....
Old 05-02-09, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Okay, I dumped about 30 titles and added 5 new ones. Someone take some pot shots at my collection!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.