Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-11, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
I asked in another thread but it is still working for me when I tested the coupon with three Criterion titles in my cart. Did you have any pre-orders in your cart? Not sure where you tried to purchase through since it is censored. I assume it was e bates?
False alarm. Just tried to place this order on another computer and it worked like a charm. Weird.
Old 07-07-11, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dvdjunkie32
I ordered this today. Can anyone tell me if I got the best deal possible? I used a 15% off code. Don't have a membership:

Wagon Train Season 3 - 71.99
The Virginian Season 4 0.00
Lords of the Rings Extended Blu-ray - 71.39

subtotal 143.38
tax 12.91

TOTAL 156.29
Might have saved a few more dollars with 10% coupon code since it would take a percentage off both items instead of one. Nevermind I see it was already posted.

Originally Posted by Gypo66
False alarm. Just tried to place this order on another computer and it worked like a charm. Weird.
Maybe you should clear your cookies on the other computer as a precaution.
Old 07-07-11, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Am I blind, I'm not seeing the 10% off of the order coupon. Can someone point me to it. Thanks.
Old 07-07-11, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Found it.
Old 07-07-11, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 163 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by jrsl76
Am I blind, I'm not seeing the 10% off of the order coupon. Can someone point me to it. Thanks.
J3M9D8K

http://cart2.barnesandnoble.com/shop...=&promoid=9715
Old 07-08-11, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I had a question for anyone who has a Discover card and may have a answer regarding online cashback. My question is about cashback and giftcards. If I placed a online order and paid all or most of it with a giftcard would my order still qualify for cashback on the entire purchase, or would only a portion paid with the Discover card qualify? Since I'm a Discover card newbie I'm not sure how it works. I just got and activated the card yesterday. I do have a online account already set up so it's ready to go.
Old 07-08-11, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

If I placed a online order and paid all or most of it with a giftcard would my order still qualify for cashback on the entire purchase, or would only a portion paid with the Discover card qualify?
Just the portion paid with your Discover Card.
Old 07-08-11, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I guess scratch that idea. Mainly got the card to sort of cover all my bases and compliment my other credit cards I have. I gave it a test run last night at Walmart.com. Okay thanks for the answer.
Old 07-08-11, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

^ 10% cashback at B&N.com = not too shabby!
Old 07-08-11, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Not if I pay with a giftcard. I picked up a bunch of discounted B&N giftcards and would like to combine it with cashback.
Old 07-08-11, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

^ Where does one get discounted giftcards for B&N?
Old 07-08-11, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

You can look here.

http://www.giftcardgranny.com/
Old 07-08-11, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Thanks LASER. I wound up going with the 10% Discover cashback + the 10% off total order code. Picked up:

Diabolique
Kiss Me Deadly
Solaris

for around $45 + tax.
Old 07-08-11, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^

A most popular trio.
Old 07-08-11, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
^

A most popular trio.
....after I posted I was sitting this sale out.
Old 07-08-11, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k
Thanks LASER. I wound up going with the 10% Discover cashback + the 10% off total order code. Picked up:

Diabolique
Kiss Me Deadly
Solaris

for around $45 + tax.
Almost the same three I ordered a few days ago. I got the Great Dictator instead of Solaris. Kiss Me Deadly and the Great Dictator were at the top of my Criterion wishlist.
Old 07-08-11, 03:24 PM

Almost the same three I ordered a few days ago. I got the Great Dictator instead of Solaris. Kiss Me Deadly and the Great Dictator were at the top of my Criterion wishlist.
Ditto! Damn things dropped by about $5 as soon as I ordered...
Old 07-08-11, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Not if I pay with a giftcard. I picked up a bunch of discounted B&N giftcards and would like to combine it with cashback.
I used Shopdiscover and a bunch of gift cards last month and, despite having paid the full amount with the gift cards, I received an email telling me I had earned cash back on the entire purchase amount. Maybe having the Discover card as my default payment method was enough. I don't know if I will really see that amount in my Discover Rewards total but the email from Discover says I will.
If I do, I hope they don't read this post and close that loophole.
Old 07-08-11, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I had a question for anyone who has a Discover card and may have a answer regarding online cashback. My question is about cashback and giftcards. If I placed a online order and paid all or most of it with a giftcard would my order still qualify for cashback on the entire purchase, or would only a portion paid with the Discover card qualify? Since I'm a Discover card newbie I'm not sure how it works. I just got and activated the card yesterday. I do have a online account already set up so it's ready to go.
Don't know if you know this but you can cash in your Discover rewards for B&N gift cards for an additional 10% savings-$45 in Rewards for a $50 card. I just ordered 2 $50 cards for the Criterion sale. It's quite nice to be able to earn 10% rewards from B&N and then use that money to get B&N gift cards at an additional 10% savings.
Old 07-08-11, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by jwstl
I used Shopdiscover and a bunch of gift cards last month and, despite having paid the full amount with the gift cards, I received an email telling me I had earned cash back on the entire purchase amount. Maybe having the Discover card as my default payment method was enough. I don't know if I will really see that amount in my Discover Rewards total but the email from Discover says I will.
If I do, I hope they don't read this post and close that loophole.
I don't know maybe I should try one order and see what happens. I might consider doing another Criterion order. I was hoping Something Wild would drop a few more dollars since it was another title on my wishlist.

Originally Posted by jwstl
Don't know if you know this but you can cash in your Discover rewards for B&N gift cards for an additional 10% savings-$45 in Rewards for a $50 card. I just ordered 2 $50 cards for the Criterion sale. It's quite nice to be able to earn 10% rewards from B&N and then use that money to get B&N gift cards at an additional 10% savings.
Yes I noticed the gift cards when I was browsing the web site last night. Definitely interested in those if I get enough saved. I also currently have a B&N Mastercard. You can earn free giftcards but it takes 2500 points, or $2500 in purchases to ever get one. Since I was primarily using the card at B&N I have a hard time earning points because you can only qualify for a 5% cash rebate on purchases there.
Old 07-10-11, 08:10 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I ordered 3 copies of the Lord of the Rings extended trilogy (Blu ray) for $150 shipped after Discover cashback and 10% off order coupon. I sold 2 of them for ~$130 after fees and shipping, so $20 + some work for the set isn't bad.
Old 07-10-11, 08:44 PM

I hope they release some percentage off coupons for in-store use in addition to the $5 off $50 and $8 off $40.

How should I approach trying to get them to use the $8 off $40 on a single title? Think they'll let me use one? I checked a receipt from an old 50% Criterion sale and the movie was marked down to $20.00. Last I checked half of $40 is $20. Doubt it will fly with the cashier, but you never know. That $0.01 will make all the difference since the sticker price is $39.99.

$10.63 after sales tax would be incredible. I'll give it a shot and report back.
Old 07-10-11, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 127 Likes on 99 Posts

I thought I was a good bargain hunter, but I bow to the superiority of those on this thread - WOW!!!!
Old 07-10-11, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Louisville S
I hope they release some percentage off coupons for in-store use in addition to the $5 off $50 and $8 off $40.

How should I approach trying to get them to use the $8 off $40 on a single title? Think they'll let me use one? I checked a receipt from an old 50% Criterion sale and the movie was marked down to $20.00. Last I checked half of $40 is $20. Doubt it will fly with the cashier, but you never know. That $0.01 will make all the difference since the sticker price is $39.99.

$10.63 after sales tax would be incredible. I'll give it a shot and report back.
In answer to the bold: You shouldn't.

It's pretty clear that they eliminated the $5 coupons precisely so they could not be used during this sale. $39.99 is NOT $40 and you will do nothing but antagonize the cashiers. Frankly, I think it's a completely dick move to even try since they are clearly meant to be used on sets and more expensive items. It is not a coincidence that the new coupon is set at just higher than the primary Criterion price point....and I'd advise that you are risking being able to use any coupons by trying to defraud them like this.

This is the 2nd or third person I've seen suggest they should be able to use it because the sale price is $20 even...which has to be the single most ludicrous bit of sleezy logic I've ever seen here. $10.63 would be incredible...wouldn't the world be a wonderful place if we could get whatever we wanted at 75% off....but it wouldn't last very long since everyone would go out of business. Before these sales began, the idea of sub $20 for any Criterions was a pipe dream that RARELY happened and never across the board. Stop being so damned greedy and enjoy the sale for what it is: a chance to get some great films at a good price.
Old 07-11-11, 02:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Many of us had a lot of difficulty getting a cashier to accept a $5 off $20 DVD coupon for $29.99 titles selling at $15 during the previous Criterion sales. Hell, they sometimes even gave me a hassle on $39.99 titles on sale for
$20.
So the only way you MIGHT get a clerk to apply the new $8/off $40 coupon to a purchase is if she's totally clueless and doesn't mind jeopardizing her job.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.