Reload this Page >

Ghost of Tsushima (PS4; 7/17/20)

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Ghost of Tsushima (PS4; 7/17/20)

Old 09-11-21, 11:02 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 247 Likes on 186 Posts
Re: Ghost of Tsushima (PS4; 7/17/20)

Just wrapped everything up in the DLC. Really enjoyable stuff. I got all the trophies in the DLC except one which for some dumb reason requires you to have played through the Legends Mode to unlock the mission. And I have zero interest in that mode so I'm fine with missing one.

Last edited by The Questyen; 09-12-21 at 04:18 PM.
The following users liked this post:
K&AJones (09-12-21)
Old 09-12-21, 07:53 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 427 Likes on 311 Posts

^ Same. From what it looks like though it's 9 level co-op thing and not a MP vs thing. I could be wrong on that though.
Old 09-12-21, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 48 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by The Questyen View Post
Just wrapped everything up in the DLC. Really enjoyable stuff. I got all the achievements in the DLC except one which for some dumb reason requires you to have played through the Legends Mode to unlock the mission. And I have zero interest in that mode so I'm fine with missing one.

I'm probably half way...I've played the Legends Mode both 2 Player and 4 Player...which Mode or how far do you need to go? I haven't done Nightmare yet.....other than that Legends is actually pretty fun. The 2 Player Mode is and can be challenging....4 Player is longer doing 15 waves but it can get frantic and with Four Ninja's/ Samurai it's a Slice Fest....
Old 09-12-21, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by K&AJones View Post
I'm probably half way...I've played the Legends Mode both 2 Player and 4 Player...which Mode or how far do you need to go? I haven't done Nightmare yet.....other than that Legends is actually pretty fun. The 2 Player Mode is and can be challenging....4 Player is longer doing 15 waves but it can get frantic and with Four Ninja's/ Samurai it's a Slice Fest....
Not sure what you're asking. To get one of the missions in the Iki Island DLC you have to have played through the Legends Mode. I have zero interest in the Legends mode so I am fine not getting that mission.
Old 09-12-21, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Not sure what you're asking. To get one of the missions in the Iki Island DLC you have to have played through the Legends Mode. I have zero interest in the Legends mode so I am fine not getting that mission.

Ok...I didn't know if it actually told you how far or what part of The Legends mode since it's like a progression system; like reaching this and that Level. Does it actually pop up saying...Must Complete Legends Mode....?
Old 09-12-21, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by K&AJones View Post
Ok...I didn't know if it actually told you how far or what part of The Legends mode since it's like a progression system; like reaching this and that Level. Does it actually pop up saying...Must Complete Legends Mode....?
No when I was googling to see how to get the last trophy I hadn't unlocked it mentions it. Common Courtesy trophy requires you to complete all the "Hidden Tales" in Iki Island. I had already completed the first 5 but the 6th hidden tale doesn't open up until you have completed all the story missions in Legends mode.
Old 09-12-21, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 76 Likes on 59 Posts

DLC seemed substantial enough to me, Iím satisfied with the story. I skipped all the archery challenges but I read thereís some charm to help, and auto-aim.
Old 09-12-21, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by bluetoast View Post
DLC seemed substantial enough to me, Iím satisfied with the story. I skipped all the archery challenges but I read thereís some charm to help, and auto-aim.
You only need to get bronze on them to have them count as completed so that's easy. To get the gold times it pretty much requires you have the special armor equipped with the arrow perks and charms related to arrows.
Old 09-12-21, 12:23 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Received 503 Likes on 360 Posts

Started the Iki expansion today. Enemies are tougher as they can change weapons, so you have to change your stance more often to beat them. Shamans are just a minor annoyance (so far) but at least they add some variety.
Overall I'm liking it.
A Bit if a tangent, but I absolutely hate when there are trophies tied to multiplayer modes (like Legends mode). I did the Legends tutorial, and that was enough for me. Zero intent to continue in that mode and I hate that the single player campaign mode is filled with Legends markers all over the map, too. Very poor aesthetic decision there.
Old 09-12-21, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 427 Likes on 311 Posts

Originally Posted by bluetoast View Post
DLC seemed substantial enough to me, I’m satisfied with the story. I skipped all the archery challenges but I read there’s some charm to help, and auto-aim.
You only need to get bronze on them to have them count as completed so that's easy. To get the gold times it pretty much requires you have the special armor equipped with the arrow perks and charms related to arrows.
I got bronze & silver on my first playthrough without much trouble. Just doing that increases your concentration time quite a bit. Gold, however, is impossible without gear or charms.

Tadayori's Armor - Leveling up helps, but I managed at level 1 or 2.
Charm of Concentration - increasing your concentration time
Charm of Efficiency - increases nocking speed

Turn on Aim assist and one other setting I'm forgetting.

By the end I was clearing Gold in under 4 seconds.
The following 2 users liked this post by Michael Corvin:
davidh777 (09-12-21), K&AJones (09-12-21)
Old 09-12-21, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Started the Iki expansion today. Enemies are tougher as they can change weapons, so you have to change your stance more often to beat them. Shamans are just a minor annoyance (so far) but at least they add some variety.
Overall I'm liking it.
A Bit if a tangent, but I absolutely hate when there are trophies tied to multiplayer modes (like Legends mode). I did the Legends tutorial, and that was enough for me. Zero intent to continue in that mode and I hate that the single player campaign mode is filled with Legends markers all over the map, too. Very poor aesthetic decision there.
something else on these enemies...they'll keep after you until you kill them. Fist time I came upon a pack, another was close by...they stayed after me until I killed them all and it was a long way from when I first encounter them. Not alot of tall grass to hide anywhere or sneak for assassinations....I've used Ghost Weapons more than ever...
Old 09-17-21, 07:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin View Post
I got bronze & silver on my first playthrough without much trouble. Just doing that increases your concentration time quite a bit. Gold, however, is impossible without gear or charms.

Tadayori's Armor - Leveling up helps, but I managed at level 1 or 2.
Charm of Concentration - increasing your concentration time
Charm of Efficiency - increases nocking speed

Turn on Aim assist and one other setting I'm forgetting.

By the end I was clearing Gold in under 4 seconds.

Thanks for tips and I checked a video to see it done but I went back to the four I did and got Gold on all. Took a bit to get use to to at first and had trouble with the one with the tall rock and has two near the top; I simply couldn't see them clearly.