Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Far Cry 5 - 3/27/18

Old 05-13-18, 07:03 PM
  #401  
Inane Thread Master
 
OldBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Are any of us really anywhere?
Posts: 35,591
Re: Far Cry 5 - 3/27/18

Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
Sometimes random resistance people will take things out for you.
yeah, i think that is what happened...
OldBoy is online now  
Old 05-14-18, 10:39 PM
  #402  
Inane Thread Master
 
OldBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Are any of us really anywhere?
Posts: 35,591
Re: Far Cry 5 - 3/27/18

Been getting and taking more missions. Just talk to all NPC’s basically and I always look for i icons and story mission icons. Blew up John statue, tweaked with Tweak. Didn’t want to kill those piggies though
Still haven’t come across a fishing rod and does that take up a weapons slot? I guess one of the perks is a third holster but unlocks when you kill a lieutenant, but haven’t come across any of them or had a story mission mention...
OldBoy is online now  
Old 05-14-18, 10:56 PM
  #403  
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin
Thread Starter
 
Adam Tyner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Greenville, South Cackalack
Posts: 20,590
Re: Far Cry 5 - 3/27/18

The fishing rod doesn't take up a weapon slot. You can definitely get them at vendors by lakes, and I think you can just buy them as special items from any vendor.
Adam Tyner is online now  
Old 05-15-18, 09:51 PM
  #404  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
adrenaline78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Janesville, WI
Posts: 3,147
Re: Far Cry 5 - 3/27/18

Originally Posted by OldBoy View Post
Been getting and taking more missions. Just talk to all NPC’s basically and I always look for i icons and story mission icons. Blew up John statue, tweaked with Tweak. Didn’t want to kill those piggies though
Still haven’t come across a fishing rod and does that take up a weapons slot? I guess one of the perks is a third holster but unlocks when you kill a lieutenant, but haven’t come across any of them or had a story mission mention...
John, Jacob and faith are the lieutenants.
adrenaline78 is offline  
Old 05-16-18, 07:39 AM
  #405  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Rob V's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: On the lake
Posts: 9,972
Re: Far Cry 5 - 3/27/18

I'm on the Faith region now (3rd region for me)... I love the game but finding all of this a bit repetitive. I did unlock Peaches yesterday. I prefer using her and Cheeseburger over Grace who seems to constantly alert the guards and throw F bombs out for no particular reason.
Rob V is offline  
Old 05-16-18, 11:31 AM
  #406  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
Michael Corvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 1999
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 56,437
Re: Far Cry 5 - 3/27/18

"Any port in the storm."
Michael Corvin is offline  
Old 05-16-18, 11:36 AM
  #407  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Decker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Vegas, Baby!
Posts: 40,745
Re: Far Cry 5 - 3/27/18

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin View Post
"Any port in the storm."
Yeah, she seems really judgemental about me looting corpses.
Decker is offline  
Old 05-16-18, 02:01 PM
  #408  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Rob V's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: On the lake
Posts: 9,972
Re: Far Cry 5 - 3/27/18

Speaking of looting, has anyone done the Preppers Stash where you have to search thru dog shit? lol... My son says "dad, gross!"... I said "it's virtual dog shit, I don't even have to wash my hands"
Rob V is offline  
Old 05-16-18, 07:18 PM
  #409  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
uteotw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: WI
Posts: 4,403
Re: Far Cry 5 - 3/27/18

Originally Posted by Rob V View Post
Speaking of looting, has anyone done the Preppers Stash where you have to search thru dog shit? lol... My son says "dad, gross!"... I said "it's virtual dog shit, I don't even have to wash my hands"
Yeah, that was one of the strangest quests of all time (good response though)...
Took me forever too, and the dogs were all going crazy.
uteotw is offline  
Old 05-16-18, 08:13 PM
  #410  
Inane Thread Master
 
OldBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Are any of us really anywhere?
Posts: 35,591
Re: Far Cry 5 - 3/27/18

Originally Posted by uteotw View Post
Yeah, that was one of the strangest quests of all time (good response though)...
Took me forever too, and the dogs were all going crazy.
just did this one. only took 4 poops to find key, but got other stuff too!!

so i guess you gotta finish the story missions in a particular region to take out one of the Lt's?

i'm trying to do all of Henbane River where Faith is, but not sure how close i am getting. i did snipe the fuck out of her bliss shadow...
OldBoy is online now  
Old 05-16-18, 08:15 PM
  #411  
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin
Thread Starter
 
Adam Tyner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Greenville, South Cackalack
Posts: 20,590
Re: Far Cry 5 - 3/27/18

Originally Posted by OldBoy View Post
i'm trying to do all of Henbane River where Faith is, but not sure how close i am getting.
There's a resistance meter on the map:



The black dots tell you when you're about to be captured, and when the meter is full, you can face off against the lieutenant.
Adam Tyner is online now  
Old 05-16-18, 08:31 PM
  #412  
Inane Thread Master
 
OldBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Are any of us really anywhere?
Posts: 35,591
Re: Far Cry 5 - 3/27/18

Originally Posted by Adam Tyner View Post
There's a resistance meter on the map:



The black dots tell you when you're about to be captured, and when the meter is full, you can face off against the lieutenant.
is there a mission that will lead me to liet? or once full it will open up as mission?
OldBoy is online now  
Old 05-16-18, 08:58 PM
  #413  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Decker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Vegas, Baby!
Posts: 40,745
Re: Far Cry 5 - 3/27/18

Originally Posted by OldBoy View Post
is there a mission that will lead me to liet? or once full it will open up as mission?
Yeah, that second one. You won't be able to avoid it.
Decker is offline  
Old 05-16-18, 10:06 PM
  #414  
Inane Thread Master
 
OldBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Are any of us really anywhere?
Posts: 35,591
Re: Far Cry 5 - 3/27/18

Originally Posted by Rob V View Post
I'm on the Faith region now (3rd region for me)... I love the game but finding all of this a bit repetitive. I did unlock Peaches yesterday. I prefer using her and Cheeseburger over Grace who seems to constantly alert the guards and throw F bombs out for no particular reason.
Just acquired Peaches. No more Grace over and over saying “...it’s a joke, working on my people skills.” “Hey Jess you ever think of joining?”...
OldBoy is online now  
Old 05-16-18, 10:08 PM
  #415  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 964
Re: Far Cry 5 - 3/27/18

Originally Posted by OldBoy View Post
just did this one. only took 4 poops to find key, but got other stuff too!!

so i guess you gotta finish the story missions in a particular region to take out one of the Lt's?

i'm trying to do all of Henbane River where Faith is, but not sure how close i am getting. i did snipe the fuck out of her bliss shadow...
You'll be happy once you beat Faith's region. No more of those stupid missions where you're drugged and have to slowly walk through a field...I was extremely relieved once I finally conquered that region...
Goonies85 is offline  
Old 05-16-18, 10:11 PM
  #416  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 964
Re: Far Cry 5 - 3/27/18

Originally Posted by Rob V View Post
I'm on the Faith region now (3rd region for me)... I love the game but finding all of this a bit repetitive. I did unlock Peaches yesterday. I prefer using her and Cheeseburger over Grace who seems to constantly alert the guards and throw F bombs out for no particular reason.
Usually when I'm up against a Cult Outpost, I'll just fly solo. I'll take a silenced sniper rifle and roam around the perimeter taking out each alarm, then I'll throw some bait into the base and wait for an animal (hopefully a bear or a cougar) to take out a bunch of the guards, and then just snipe the rest from a distance...Occasionally I'll rocket them if they're all in a group or are by some sort of explosive tank...Usually works for me...I don't like going in guns blazing...

And you're right about a lot of the Guns for Hire...Too often they alert the guards...Even the ones that are supposed to be stealthy...
Goonies85 is offline  
Old 05-16-18, 10:11 PM
  #417  
Inane Thread Master
 
OldBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Are any of us really anywhere?
Posts: 35,591
Re: Far Cry 5 - 3/27/18

Originally Posted by Goonies85 View Post
You'll be happy once you beat Faith's region. No more of those stupid missions where you're drugged and have to slowly walk through a field...I was extremely relieved once I finally conquered that region...
Oh man, the first went on forever...
OldBoy is online now  
Old 05-16-18, 10:17 PM
  #418  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 964
Re: Far Cry 5 - 3/27/18

Originally Posted by OldBoy View Post
Oh man, the first went on forever...
Weakest part of the game, in my mind. Reminded me of the lame Shangri-La stages in Far Cry 4...Hopefully you power through her region...The end battle against her is a bit frustrating but you'll be jumping for joy once it's over...
Goonies85 is offline  
Old 05-16-18, 11:26 PM
  #419  
Inane Thread Master
 
OldBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Are any of us really anywhere?
Posts: 35,591
Re: Far Cry 5 - 3/27/18

There’s no particular order you have to conquer each region, right? Like one won’t give you certain perks or loot to conquer others? Probably about the same, huh?
OldBoy is online now  
Old 05-16-18, 11:34 PM
  #420  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 964
Re: Far Cry 5 - 3/27/18

Originally Posted by OldBoy View Post
There’s no particular order you have to conquer each region, right? Like one won’t give you certain perks or loot to conquer others? Probably about the same, huh?
Not from what I can tell. Faith's was the second region I conquered...Don't think it matters...Best way to get perks is talk to everyone you meet and they'll point you to places where you can get perks (mostly the underground bunkers)...
Goonies85 is offline  
Old 05-17-18, 08:36 AM
  #421  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Rob V's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: On the lake
Posts: 9,972
Re: Far Cry 5 - 3/27/18

Did anyone catch the "ghost" fish? I've had him hooked but he always snaps my line. I'm assuming I need the best or 2nd to best fishing rod? I have the second one on the list... the last two are locked for me. Frustrating.
I'm very much sick of the trippy Faith level. Ready to be done with this game.
Rob V is offline  
Old 05-17-18, 10:55 AM
  #422  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
Michael Corvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 1999
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 56,437
Re: Far Cry 5 - 3/27/18

I used the third fishing rod and caught him on the first or second try. Wasn't too difficult with that rod.

I also had the fishing perk.
Michael Corvin is offline  
Old 05-17-18, 11:09 AM
  #423  
Moderator
 
Groucho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 70,369
Re: Far Cry 5 - 3/27/18

Yeah I wouldn't even attempt it without one of the two "premium" rods.
Groucho is offline  
Old 05-17-18, 09:14 PM
  #424  
Inane Thread Master
 
OldBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Are any of us really anywhere?
Posts: 35,591
Re: Far Cry 5 - 3/27/18

Yeah the Faith region is so annoying with the Bliss events. I literally skipped the second event taken by bliss or whatever when I got Marshall in fields of bliss. Then, I’m back at jail and start whatever mission anew.

And has anyone mentioned the load times? Getting killed of course. Even fast travel, gets annoying...
OldBoy is online now  
Old 05-17-18, 09:18 PM
  #425  
Inane Thread Master
 
OldBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Are any of us really anywhere?
Posts: 35,591
Re: Far Cry 5 - 3/27/18

Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
Yeah I wouldn't even attempt it without one of the two "premium" rods.
I haven’t even found a rod or fished yet. Barely spent time in water though. And just seems wrong hunting animals with a machine gun or sniper rifle. I can pick up bow, but that elimanates a gun until I can unlock 3rd holster...
OldBoy is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.