Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-13, 08:07 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Good god, EA/Origin support are inept.

The new case I opened was closed after the person states "it is an in game issue. please post on the forum as other members can help provide a solution to your issue." Um... I don't think so........ how is some random user on the forum going to give me the item I should have won?

New case opened.....
Old 12-17-13, 08:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by bippitty
Early on I scattered a few brown houses around town, in part to build up the indolence rating, but mostly to try to ensure that visitors always had somewhere to tap. I rarely tap any unless they have handshakes on them.
I did the same and do that too. I actually have a "ghetto". A lot of brown houses, the farm, all the poor people together.

So, it seems almost everyone should be able to get all GCs rewards. I just passed 18K and I don't think I've worked hard for it.

I try to visit my friends using the arrows, that's the fastest way. I also only tap the GCs. So in each town I only tap 6 times, 3 to tap the GCs and 3 to collect them, I don't tap on anything else, money, XP, etc. In the past, with ghosts or something, if I wanted to visit all my friends, I would need at least 2 hours to do that. Following this method, it takes around 30 minutes.

Through the Christmas quests you had the option to get a LOT of GCs. Check the guide to see how. I expect to get all the rewards with part 18 of the quest. I'm on part 14, so I yeah, I should be done this week, I think.
Old 12-17-13, 08:40 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Raul3
I did the same and do that too. I actually have a "ghetto". A lot of brown houses, the farm, all the poor people together.
Racist!
Old 12-17-13, 09:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Obey The D
Racist!
And my rich neighborhood is all white houses!

I also have a "hippie"/beach neighborhood of orange houses.
Old 12-17-13, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 373 Likes on 267 Posts

Originally Posted by davidh777
The wheel gave me the Christmas skin for the Skinner home.
The last three days it's given me snow Simpsons. Lisa, Marge and Grandpa. If I'm getting snow people, I at least want Bart!
Old 12-17-13, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Snow people for me.

I think I have Granpa, Marge, and Lisa. And I got a holiday skin for a house.
Old 12-17-13, 10:55 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

No snow people that I've won. Outside of the one win that I got Mr. Plow and the Christmas Krabapple apts (which I already had), and the one issue I'm still having with EA/Origin, I've gotten the $1000 spot each time.
Old 12-17-13, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

On my first or second spin I lucked out and won the Claus Co tower, but lately it has been $1000.
Old 12-17-13, 11:32 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

I'd say the tile glitch is still working.. I had 3 handshakes on my Sqiudport entrance.. Tapped one, and got a tile. I think people confirmed before, but I wanted to add in mine as well in case anyone was unsure.
Old 12-17-13, 12:00 PM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts

So far I have Snow Lisa, Snow Hindu God, Simpsons House Decoration, Cletus House Decoration, and Mr. Plow.
Old 12-17-13, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,040 Likes on 857 Posts

Early on I scattered a few brown houses around town, in part to build up the indolence rating, but mostly to try to ensure that visitors always had somewhere to tap.
I use Kwik-E-Marts for the same purpose.
Old 12-17-13, 05:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by davidh777
I use Kwik-E-Marts for the same purpose.
Clean up in all the aisles.
Old 12-17-13, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 71 Likes on 51 Posts

EA changed the numbers for the community prize goals. We only need 1.1 billion gift bags for all 5 prizes.
Old 12-17-13, 06:52 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,368 Likes on 930 Posts

I noticed that. We are close to the 1st one already.
Old 12-17-13, 07:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 373 Likes on 267 Posts

I wonder what they were thinking with the high numbers. They needed to be handing out gift bags in other people's towns like they did gremlins for numbers that big.
Old 12-17-13, 08:31 PM

I'm frustrated by the inability to fully reciprocate on gift bags. I'm constantly behind. I've only got 4 donuts, otherwise I'd be tempted to spend some on gift bags.

With the gremlins, it went in cycles. I'd have enough to hand some out and reciprocate. I'd go through a drought and have to short people. Then I'd reap a bonanza and inundate people.

I also wish there were more coins. I know someone else got a coin from one of the presents, but I've never have. I've tapped the coins in a bunch of towns and never gotten a coin from that either. One coin per day isn't enough.
Old 12-17-13, 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by kstublen
Looks like we got the first Community Prize. It seems like we'll actually be able to get them all now, although really the only one most people care at all about is the "Yes Man".
When I looked at the information on the totem pole, it said 2.5% to money and xp earned. It can also be put on Squidport tiles. So I'm happy enough with it.
Old 12-18-13, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I'm frustrated by the inability to fully reciprocate on gift bags. I'm constantly behind. I've only got 4 donuts, otherwise I'd be tempted to spend some on gift bags.

With the gremlins, it went in cycles. I'd have enough to hand some out and reciprocate. I'd go through a drought and have to short people. Then I'd reap a bonanza and inundate people.

I also wish there were more coins. I know someone else got a coin from one of the presents, but I've never have. I've tapped the coins in a bunch of towns and never gotten a coin from that either. One coin per day isn't enough.
I wouldn't sweat the gift bags -- they're certainly not worth wasting donuts on. Most folks are easily going to reach all personal prizes, without a nudge from GCs in gift bags. And I don't think anyone takes it personally that they don't get bags from every neighbor.

Once you complete the personal prizes threshold, you get a wheel coin for every 1000 GCs. If you're maximizing neighbor visits and taking advantage of some of the multi-character tasks in the main questline, you can easily clear 3 to 10 more coins a day at that point. Plus there are double GC payouts coming next week. So just think of all those $1000 payouts in your future.
Old 12-18-13, 08:32 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

The gift bags thing is a bit annoying. I've been pretty much leaving 1 in every town I visit as, thanks to this thread, I've got like 70 friends on my list. I want to leave more, but leaving 1 for everyone gets me through the list to visit everyone for the most part.

I just got to the Christmas quest part 14.. I think this is the third quest, so far, where you can send multiple characters that don't normally have a task to generate gift certificates. I sent everyone that I could for this 8 hour task and each one gives 27 gift certificates. It's funny watching all the residents speed walk from restaurant to restaurant...

I'm at just over 2400.. so with those tasks and then visiting everyone's town tonight, I should get the 26000 prize and be well on my way to the last one.. not sure how many gift certificates are needed for it.
Old 12-18-13, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by Canis Firebrand
I'm at just over 2400.. so with those tasks and then visiting everyone's town tonight, I should get the 26000 prize and be well on my way to the last one.. not sure how many gift certificates are needed for it.
30,000 GCs
Old 12-18-13, 09:09 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Nice.. It might be close for that tonight.. but I think hitting 26000 should be doable tonight.. then I'll hit 30,000 tomorrow or Friday more likely.
Old 12-18-13, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by Canis Firebrand
I just got to the Christmas quest part 14.. I think this is the third quest, so far, where you can send multiple characters that don't normally have a task to generate gift certificates. I sent everyone that I could for this 8 hour task and each one gives 27 gift certificates. It's funny watching all the residents speed walk from restaurant to restaurant...
What I've been doing is sending 11 on these, and when they're done I've been sending everyone, let's you double-dip on 11 of them. I'm at 26,000, so hopefully I can use the one where you can send most guys on 8 hour tasks repeatedly to get enough coins to finish up the wheel prizes.
Old 12-18-13, 09:20 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by Jcheckel
What I've been doing is sending 11 on these, and when they're done I've been sending everyone, let's you double-dip on 11 of them. I'm at 26,000, so hopefully I can use the one where you can send most guys on 8 hour tasks repeatedly to get enough coins to finish up the wheel prizes.
I didn't even think of doing that.. Nice tip. And yes, I'm looking forward to the one that you can just repeatedly send people on a task for 8 hours to get gift certs by not finishing the quest for Homer and Lisa. That should help reach any goals. I think that one is coming up soon.
Old 12-18-13, 10:14 AM

Quick question for all. Somehow I got logged out and forgot my pass. So I go through the process of setting it again, and the game started over. How do I log out and back in again

I'm playing on my iPhone, if that matters.

Thanks
Old 12-18-13, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by Braddok
Quick question for all. Somehow I got logged out and forgot my pass. So I go through the process of setting it again, and the game started over. How do I log out and back in again

I'm playing on my iPhone, if that matters.

Thanks
Hard quit the app (double tap your home button, navigate to the app and quit the app by flicking up).

Reopen the app.

When the game restarts, hit the Origin button (orange hurricane symbol) on the left of screen to log in.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.