Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Old 12-13-13, 12:45 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Re: The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Leave the town and come back in. The view will automatically center over him and follow him around.
Old 12-13-13, 01:00 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Finally I'm able to login on iPad.
Old 12-13-13, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 220 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by Groucho
Leave the town and come back in. The view will automatically center over him and follow him around.
Once I found that I could do that, it made getting Sideshow Bob soooooo much easier.
Old 12-13-13, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 273 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by kstublen
bluetoast, am I reading my friends list right - are you really at 30,0000 gift cards? If so, how'd you get that many so fast?
I used "non-traditional" methods to get items (including donuts). I don't know if we can discuss that openly here but PM me if you want information. I didn't pay attention to the gift cards though, they just accumulated via the other activities I did such as buying/giving, spinning the wheel a ton.

Last edited by bluetoast; 12-13-13 at 03:19 PM.
Old 12-13-13, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,015 Likes on 839 Posts

Originally Posted by Groucho
Originally Posted by mndtrp
Once I found that I could do that, it made getting Sideshow Bob soooooo much easier.
Cool, I didn't know that was an option. I just figured that would be counted as a miss.
Old 12-13-13, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 71 Likes on 51 Posts

I hate the Krusty wheel. I wouldn't mind getting gift cards but I can't stand winning $1000.
Old 12-13-13, 04:12 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Neil M.
I hate the Krusty wheel. I wouldn't mind getting gift cards but I can't stand winning $1000.
So it's just a spinning version of the mystery box?
Old 12-13-13, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

All the items are visible and some are not available elsewhere in the game. But once you accumulate a unique item, that place on the wheel is then taken up with gift cards or $1000. Except in the case of the character snowmen, where they get replaced with other snowmen.
Old 12-13-13, 05:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

It just sucks when you have one item left and you spend 50 donuts to get a bunch a gift cards and cash.
Old 12-13-13, 05:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, I've been going through multiple cycles trying to get that Temple.
Old 12-13-13, 08:45 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can someone please tell me, how do you get enough gift bags to give out? I'm lucky if I get 15 a day, and so many of my neighbours drop them in my city, and I feel bad I can't reciprocate. How do you get more? Or does that sound about right?

Also, what does it mean when I'm in a neighbour's town and tap one of their buildings and another persons name appears over it? As if they had already tapped it. Does my neighbour still get the tap or did I just take it from him?
I haven't been able to find the answer to this question anywhere.

Thanks guys.
Old 12-13-13, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Natureswarden
Can someone please tell me, how do you get enough gift bags to give out? I'm lucky if I get 15 a day, and so many of my neighbours drop them in my city, and I feel bad I can't reciprocate. How do you get more? Or does that sound about right?

Also, what does it mean when I'm in a neighbour's town and tap one of their buildings and another persons name appears over it? As if they had already tapped it. Does my neighbour still get the tap or did I just take it from him?

Thanks guys.
They've been stingy on giving gift bags out. You're not the only who can't reciprocate to all of your friends. Supposedly, there is going to be a few days where everything you collect is doubled so that will help. Of course, you could always spend donuts for gift bags. Seems like a rip-off and I'm wondering if EA is trying to make us scared that we won't hit the community goals in order to make us spend donuts. My advice is to just keep playing and give gift bags to those players who have the least amount of gift cards. The goal should be to help everyone reach all of the prizes.

For your second question, it just means that someone else tapped on the same house. It doesn't change anything.
Old 12-13-13, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by Braddok
I just registered using Braddok3786
I don't see the Jebediah Springfield statue in your town. He comes with 10 free donuts.

Spoiler:
Tap Homer to bring his menu up, then keep tapping him. After about 10 times you should get the statue and the donuts..

Originally Posted by Natureswarden
My understanding:

The Orange house takes 16 hours to build a $. It won't start building the next one until I collect the finished one. If you visit and see it finished and tap on it, that will restart the timer for me. If I come back 8 hours later, I should only have to wait another 8 hours for the next one to finish. If I still haven't made it back to my Springfield, the Orange house will be available for other visitors to tap. The new visitor who taps it will see your name.

When I finally show up in my Springfield, I'll still see a handshake on my orange house. When I tap it, I'll see the name of the last visitor to tap it.
Old 12-14-13, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

it is annoying the shit out of me again. constant crashes on my galaxy s4 phone. runs like butter on my Nexus 7. not sure why there is an issue, but it's nearly unplayable on my phone. crashes the most when i'm doing the gifting in neighbor towns. i wish EA would get their shit together with this game.
Old 12-14-13, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

Someone dropped a present pretty much right behind my squidport sign. I can't tap it because I have a tile up and I know I'll end up hitting that too.

I guess I'll have to wait for my elves to get it.
Old 12-14-13, 03:12 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah.. the 450,000,000 for just the first one is crazy.... I don't think we'll get all of them by the end of this.. unless they do something to help.
Old 12-14-13, 04:53 PM
Cool New Member

How can we possibly get to 450 million or beyond for the other prizes if we only get 15 or so gift bags to give away per day? I doubt too many ppl are collecting their bags instead of gifting them. So how is this even possible? I don't think this was well thought through, unless EA doesn't want us to get the items and instead want us to spend donuts on them at the end, for some "great" deal.
Old 12-14-13, 04:59 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if the plan was to go slow at the start. Push the people who are willing to spend donuts to buy gift bags. Speed things up later so that the rest don't end up being overly upset.

Originally Posted by majorjoe23
Someone dropped a present pretty much right behind my squidport sign. I can't tap it because I have a tile up and I know I'll end up hitting that too.

I guess I'll have to wait for my elves to get it.
Presents can be moved the same as any other object.
Old 12-14-13, 05:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by bippitty
I wouldn't be surprised if the plan was to go slow at the start. Push the people who are willing to spend donuts to buy gift bags. Speed things up later so that the rest don't end up being overly upset.

Presents can be moved the same as any other object.
Thanks, I realized that about 10 minutes after posting.
Old 12-14-13, 06:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I wouldn't worry about not getting the community prizes. I'm sure the whole thing is manipulated just like every other aspect of the game. They probably want people to freak out and spend donuts on the gift bags. If it looked like we were on pace to get the prizes, no one would spend any donuts.
Old 12-14-13, 07:09 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Yeah, I'm not worrying about the community prizes. My buying more gift bags isn't going to get us to half a billion very much faster.
Old 12-14-13, 10:14 PM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts

I heard a rumor that on Christmas Eve, they are unlocking:
Spoiler:

The Grumple

At a cost of 120 donuts.
Old 12-14-13, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I was wondering, because he is in the character set.
Old 12-14-13, 11:32 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I'm out of gift bags.If you received 2-3 today it means I started at the end of my neighbors today. I ran out yesterday towards the end. After I was out, I just looted the rest of the towns for GC.
Old 12-15-13, 01:11 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 825 Likes on 546 Posts

I can usually make it through about 1/3 of my friends list until I run out of presents. Hopefully I can give some to everyone on a regular basis.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.