Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Bungie - Destiny

Old 07-23-14, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Bungie - Destiny

As an avid FPS player, the look sensitivty in this game are TERRIBLE.

I've adjusted the settings, but any setting I choose, something feels off.
Old 07-23-14, 04:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Looks like this is currently scheduled to come out March of 2015 for PC, going by an entry that was found in the SteamDB.
Old 07-23-14, 07:26 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Matthew Chmiel View Post
As an avid FPS player, the look sensitivty in this game are TERRIBLE.

I've adjusted the settings, but any setting I choose, something feels off.
Glad its not just me. I've fiddled with it a bunch and still haven't settled on 'the one' setting.
Old 07-23-14, 07:27 PM
DVD Talk God

yeah, i agree about the movement. feels off. glad i am not the only one. played for about 2 hours today.

seems like a cross between borderlands and mass effect. i'm sure once you get into it, it'll get much better, but it sort of felt very generic in the beginning.
Old 07-23-14, 07:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Wow... I didn't have to mess with it at all, unlike other games.
Old 07-23-14, 07:49 PM

I didn't feel quite comfy with the look sensitivity on the PS3, but love it on the 360. I think the sticks on the PS3 control are too loose to my liking.

Somehow I ended up with 2 extra PS3 beta codes, and one 360 beta code if anyone is still looking. PM if you need one.
Old 07-23-14, 08:09 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I forgot how much I suck at PvP
Old 07-23-14, 08:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Tried out the first solo mission. I'm playing a Melee build and cleared the first mission without firing one shot. I wonder if a 'No Gun Run' is going to be possible in this? I know it might sound crazy with the focus on Guns but I found it more challenging and enjoyable that way. I did a No Gun Run for my second playthrough of Borderlands. That was pretty crazy.

I only played one mission but It looks like you will eventually get to fly a ship through space and have dogfights with other ships?
Old 07-23-14, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by mhg83 View Post
Tried out the first solo mission. I'm playing a Melee build and cleared the first mission without firing one shot. I wonder if a 'No Gun Run' is going to be possible in this? I know it might sound crazy with the focus on Guns but I found it more challenging and enjoyable that way. I did a No Gun Run for my second playthrough of Borderlands. That was pretty crazy.

I only played one mission but It looks like you will eventually get to fly a ship through space and have dogfights with other ships?
I don't think there will be ship combat. The ships you've seen are used in cutscenes only so far in the beta. You get a ship but you don't get to fly it.
Old 07-23-14, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

yeah ships are just for show to make you forget it is actually a loading screen ... you can however purchase different ships in the Tower

ran across the Hive Shrieker tonight in the Gratto .... don't know how I missed that area in the Alpha
Old 07-24-14, 01:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

After playing the game more this evening, I am considering canceling my pre-order of the Limited Edition and opting to go just for the standard release.

Besides the look sensitivity controls being awful, I just find this game to be extremely boring. The story missions don't feel exciting or engaging like Halo, they just feel boring and almost like that of grinding.

The competitive multiplayer is fucking garbage. There's no skill or strategy involved. It's whoever has the better gun wins. It also feels more time consuming than anything else.

Man, this game is crushing all my hopes and dreams. 343i better not fuck up the Master Chief Collection, because I am going to need it to cleanse the soul after this shit.
Old 07-24-14, 05:37 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Spent about two hours trying this out last night and my impressions echo some of the others here. I actually thought the controls felt pretty good, but the game itself just felt generic and boring. I'd heard that Dinklage was crappy and didn't really believe it, but yeah, his voice work is a joke. NPC interactions were lame and non-immersive. The story didn't particularly draw me in. I hit a couple clown car enemy respawn points that were very annoying, even though they weren't particularly challenging. I'm really wondering if Bungie put so much focus on making the novel technical side work that they ignored things like having an engaging story or interesting characters. I'm keeping my preorder, but would ditch it if not for Best Buy's GCU 20% off and $10 back. September is going to be an extremely busy month for me at work, so I'm guessing I'll end up spending a handful of hours on this and then it'll be forgotten in the wake of Sunset Overdrive, Dragon Age, Far Cry & Assassin's Creed.
Old 07-24-14, 06:47 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

I played a bit on my 360 the other night; just the solo/intro mission. Very generic FPS so far IMHO, but I guess the heart of the game starts where I quit. I might have time to play more tonight or tomorrow.
Old 07-24-14, 08:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I wasn't really sold on the game until the Devil's Lair strike mission. That put me over the top and it's where the game really started to shine.
Old 07-24-14, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I don't really like the whorde/kill all the enemies in the area part of the game. I want more exploration mixed with combat but not the kill all of these guys and they'll be right here once again business. The game looks great but where is the story? I am not sure what I'm doing half the time nor why I am doing it. Also, they really need to actually do something with the ships or what is the point with the upgrades?
Old 07-24-14, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

it's still a beta/demo. I didn't expect anything but basic story scraps.
Old 07-24-14, 09:07 AM
gamer for life

I am thinking about dl this on my xbox one to see if the controls feel different, because on my ps4 they feel amazing. (if anyone has an extra xbox one code I would take it)

Not sure how I feel about PVP..I mean I have had no problem outside one match going at least 1.5-2.5 KD, but there are times when I feel cheated. Also, the 30fps is a problem in PVP. I am spoiled on that, so when it gets crazy you can die and not really know where it came from.

The strike mission is the best thing about the beta, and I hope the main game has a lot of that.
Old 07-24-14, 09:09 AM
Dan
DVD Talk Legend

^ check your PMs
Old 07-24-14, 09:13 AM
gamer for life

thnx!
Old 07-24-14, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Just keep in mind this is a "Beta"...and some who might be critical of certain parts or being "generic" has to realize what we're seeing and playing is not the final or represents the game as a whole. We're not going to fight the Fallen and Hive as is or as a whole through out the game. And there are far more areas, places and maps we have yet to see and loads of stuff we haven't got to play with or use. Essentially we're still in Testing Mode....not near the finalized product.
Old 07-24-14, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Doesn't the game come out within a month or two?
Old 07-24-14, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by spainlinx0 View Post
Doesn't the game come out within a month or two?
Yep...Spetember 9th. But until it goes "Gold" nothing is set. In fact The Last of Us Remastered just went Gold last week..two weeks before it's coming out and they were working on it till then. I'm sure the bulk of what we're seeing will be in the final but same time I'm betting there will be a whole lot of tweaking in the month of August.
Old 07-24-14, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by foxdvd View Post
I am thinking about dl this on my xbox one to see if the controls feel different, because on my ps4 they feel amazing. (if anyone has an extra xbox one code I would take it)
I look forward to hearing whether the Xbox version is actually different in some appreciable way, or whether the negativity is just salt. The positive sentiment I've heard has been near universal until now.

I did bump up the aim sensitivity quite a bit on PS4. From 3 to 7 or 8, I think.
Old 07-24-14, 06:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by K&AJones View Post
Just keep in mind this is a "Beta"...and some who might be critical of certain parts or being "generic" has to realize what we're seeing and playing is not the final or represents the game as a whole. We're not going to fight the Fallen and Hive as is or as a whole through out the game. And there are far more areas, places and maps we have yet to see and loads of stuff we haven't got to play with or use. Essentially we're still in Testing Mode....not near the finalized product.
Bullshit.

I've been apart of numerous game betas that have gotten me excited or pumped up for a game regardless of how the final product turned out. Sometimes they turn out great (insert any previous Bungie game here) and other times its the opposite (Diablo III and the last two Battlefield games).

Destiny has done the exact opposite because the game as it stands is BORING AS FUCK.
Old 07-24-14, 06:29 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Legend

Beta is open to all (with PS+ or XBL Gold, of course).

Go forth, and shoot stuff!

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.