^single?
Old 11-15-11, 03:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as "orangecrush18" - still legal though
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: The Video Game Deals Thread

Originally Posted by Osiris3657 View Post
^single?
I only have skyrim and feel like I have half of 2012 booked up.
Old 11-15-11, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 111 Likes on 54 Posts

^single?
Nope, married, though no kids and my wife lets me have my gaming time. Though, looking at the list and thinking about it, I'll likely be lucky to get through them all by this time next year.
Old 11-16-11, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 451 Likes on 321 Posts

Gears of War 3 + 800 spacebucks : $35* at BestBuy.com

Sounds better than dealing with Wal-Mart on Black Friday for $28, or hovering over Amazon all day hoping to get in on the inevitable price-match.

*price reflected once you add it to your cart
Old 11-16-11, 06:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 61 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by maxfisher View Post
Nope, married, though no kids and my wife lets me have my gaming time. Though, looking at the list and thinking about it, I'll likely be lucky to get through them all by this time next year.
I hope I can find a woman who's cool with gaming
Old 11-16-11, 08:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 158 Likes on 110 Posts

I think most women are cool with it as long as you don't let it consume your life. You just can't date a chick or get married and expect to put in the gaming time you did when you were single though.

I put the kid to bed and if I ain't getting some, it's down to the basement with me to play video games or watch a movie. She gets to watch her HGTV or shitty drama TV shows in peace and everyone is happy.
Old 11-16-11, 08:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by brianluvdvd View Post
I think most women are cool with it as long as you don't let it consume your life. You just can't date a chick or get married and expect to put in the gaming time you did when you were single though.

I put the kid to bed and if I ain't getting some, it's down to the basement with me to play video games or watch a movie. She gets to watch her HGTV or shitty drama TV shows in peace and everyone is happy.
Yep on all counts.

I typically make a point to not game when the wife and daughter are up unless it is a game we play together. Then on the weekends I stay up late and game and my wife lets me sleep in. Pretty much win-win in my book.

Skyrim though has changed some of that since my daughter absolutely loves sitting with me while I play and weighing in on all the decisions to be made. Unfortunately she also yells at me if I try to steal something.
Old 11-16-11, 09:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin View Post
Gears of War 3 + 800 spacebucks : $35* at BestBuy.com

Sounds better than dealing with Wal-Mart on Black Friday for $28, or hovering over Amazon all day hoping to get in on the inevitable price-match.

*price reflected once you add it to your cart
Dude, thanks for the post! A buddy and I have been wanting to do co-op on this and basically getting it for $25 plus tax is awesome. Thanks again!
Old 11-17-11, 08:06 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by xmiyux View Post
Yep on all counts.

I typically make a point to not game when the wife and daughter are up unless it is a game we play together. Then on the weekends I stay up late and game and my wife lets me sleep in. Pretty much win-win in my book.

Skyrim though has changed some of that since my daughter absolutely loves sitting with me while I play and weighing in on all the decisions to be made. Unfortunately she also yells at me if I try to steal something.
Funny. I just played through Arkham Asylum with my 3 1/2 year-old son watching and giving great directions. "Now go up there Dad. Now jump down. Now punch that guy. You have to get out of this room Dad. Stop dying Dad."
Old 11-17-11, 12:10 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by xmiyux View Post
Yep on all counts.

Awww.. She's your very own Jiminy Cricket.
Old 11-18-11, 05:29 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 111 Likes on 54 Posts

Even better, find one who's comfortable with you still being distinct people and not joined at the hip. My wife has 0 interest in anything gaming related post-Mario 3, but she's got plenty of her own interests. I prefer it to if she were into gaming. Like Brianluvdvd's situation, she can be in one room watching something else or go out with her girlfriends or whatever and I can watch whatever movie or play whatever game I like. It also helps that she usually goes to bed a little after 9 and I'm usually up until midnight.
Old 11-18-11, 06:44 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 61 Likes on 46 Posts

I guess I feel that the older I get (25 right now) the more difficult it'll be to meet a woman who doesn't see gaming as the hobby of a nerd/loser haha. I've had gf's in the past that played video games with me, which was awesome, but again, I think they develop that mindset the older they get.
Old 11-18-11, 10:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Blockbuster is having another sale. This time it's 3 for $20 or 5 for $30 and you can mix and match with their previously viewed blu rays. I picked up Bulletstorm, NBA Jam, Fable 3, Guitar Hero Warriors of Rock, Dead Rising 2 and NFS Shift 2 (along with 4 other blu rays).

Last edited by mattysemo247; 11-18-11 at 11:00 PM.
Old 11-19-11, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 132 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by maxfisher View Post
Even better, find one who's comfortable with you still being distinct people and not joined at the hip. My wife has 0 interest in anything gaming related post-Mario 3, but she's got plenty of her own interests. I prefer it to if she were into gaming. Like Brianluvdvd's situation, she can be in one room watching something else or go out with her girlfriends or whatever and I can watch whatever movie or play whatever game I like. It also helps that she usually goes to bed a little after 9 and I'm usually up until midnight.
This is exactly my situation. The only difference is that my wife never really liked gaming and used to call the Nintendo "No Entiendo" when she was younger. She is from Guatemala and never got into it. My nephew in Guatemala is just like me and loves video games.
Old 11-19-11, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I guess I feel that the older I get (25 right now) the more difficult it'll be to meet a woman who doesn't see gaming as the hobby of a nerd/loser haha. I've had gf's in the past that played video games with me, which was awesome, but again, I think they develop that mindset the older they get.
Not to hijack this deals thread...but...it's all in how you act and what you say. If you would rather talk to her about the latest level you reached on Skyrim or how dramatic it was searching for the Gears of War dude's wife in part 2, you have no chance and will be seen as a loser to most women (and I couldn't really blame them there). If they just see you as playing games every now and then but also making time to get off the couch to go mountain biking, workout, play basketball, etc. then you are golden.

I would think most women grew up around games by now and even if they didn't, as long as it doesn't seem to consume your life (unless it is your job), then most seem cool with it. And if they aren't, dog the shit out of them when they are watching or reading their stupid trash (Twilight, reality shows, Grey's Anatomy, etc.) and point out how their crap is worse than playing video games.

I completely agree with maxfisher on preferring a woman who doesn't game to one who does. Sharing systems, saves, game time, ugh. Playing video games is "me" time and nothing I want to share with her. I can be dork when she goes to bed and be a cool guy when we hang out together. I try to keep the two personalities completely separate. If she knew what an inner dork I have, she might leave me.

ps...though I did convince her to play Dance Central with no panties on one night. That is when casual gaming like Kinect is essential to any man's collection.
Old 11-19-11, 05:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You young ones need to learn.....do what you need to do then do what you want, if they don't like it they know where the door is. If you don't start that philosophy early you'll get stuck in a relationship where video gaming isn't the only thing you won't be able to do without pre-approval or at all.
Old 11-20-11, 05:58 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 2,063 Likes on 1,327 Posts

If I could sidetrack this thread to talk about Video Game Deals....

TRU is selling Sesame Street : Once Upon A Monster until Wed for $24.99 (50% off). That's the same price as Best Buy on Black Friday, but there's no Black Friday crowd to deal with. In addition there's some little marker strip included with the TRU version. Also, if still available, with purchase they'll give you a free code card for Snoopy Flying Aces XBLA game.
Old 11-20-11, 06:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

ps...though i did convince her to play dance central with no panties on one night. That is when casual gaming like kinect is essential to any man's collection.
outstanding
Old 11-20-11, 07:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think with the 250gb 360 deal at either Best Buy or Sams, I'm going to finally get another 360 (after swearing them off after lots of RROD incidents with my launch console). I love me some PS3, but I miss the Halo franchise.
Old 11-21-11, 12:31 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I may get a third 360 from GameStop for $149 on BF. it's only the 4gb non kinect version but a big USB stick should be good enough.
Old 11-21-11, 05:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Better move fast if you want it:

Bioshock 2 Collector's Edition for 360 - $9.50 thru Best Buy.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/BioShock...%202&lp=8&cp=1
Old 11-21-11, 05:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by edstein View Post
I may get a third 360 from GameStop for $149 on BF. it's only the 4gb non kinect version but a big USB stick should be good enough.
My 120gb is running low on memory and I am thinking of spring for the $199 250gb bundle and upgrading. The one I have now has had RROD once and I would hate to miss the chance to upgrade at such a good price. But I haven't really thought about using a large USB stick. I know game saves would work on that but what about DLC, game installs, etc.?
Old 11-21-11, 08:04 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by kurupt View Post
I think with the 250gb 360 deal at either Best Buy or Sams, I'm going to finally get another 360 (after swearing them off after lots of RROD incidents with my launch console). I love me some PS3, but I miss the Halo franchise.
Same.

Since it seems they have for the most part fixed that I think I'll give it another chance. I was going to get the 250gb but I found a used slim on CL with 250 gig drive, 8 games including 3 crappy sports games, red dead redemption, halo reach, halo 2, COD black ops, gears of war. Also comes with 2 rechargable battery packs for 225 which is only 11 bucks more than the other one with tax so I'm going for it.
Old 11-21-11, 08:15 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

That's crazy! In for one even though I beat the game already.
Old 11-21-11, 09:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as "orangecrush18" - still legal though

I saw that on CAG and bought a copy. I have no idea what I am going to do with that record.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.