Reload this Page >

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Old 03-07-11, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

That's so weird. My only "weird" guess is that your PS3 hardware somehow has a glitch that won't let you pass that part. So, try to pass that part in a friend's PS3, and then try to continue in your PS3.
Old 03-08-11, 01:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good news. This morning I bought this guys Uncharted 2 save files off eBay to see if I can try to skip passed level one at least and what I found was he had the Crushing difficulty play through (plus all the treasures etc, that I deleted), from at the end of the game before the final cut scene before the credits and after that I was given the trophies for the Normal, Hard, Crushing and Platinum (as I had the 2 needed online trophies).

I know getting trophies for nothing is cheating, but I am just happy that all the chapters have opened up and at least I can skip passed level one and the glitch. It ended up working out well and cost me $13.
Old 03-08-11, 01:50 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Careful being honest about stuff like that in the public eye. That would get you branded a cheater on XBL and possibly banned.
Old 03-08-11, 02:35 AM

Originally Posted by pinata242
Careful being honest about stuff like that in the public eye. That would get you branded a cheater on XBL and possibly banned.
I would really not like that one bit, but with my situation I didn't see another choice to be totally honest. I'd rather work for my trophies, but what I wanted most was to skip passed level one and the glitch that wasn't fixing itself no matter what I tried.
Old 03-08-11, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by JHBulls
I am sure I can find an Uncharted 2 save file on the net, but since it's not a problem with any of the files as I deleted all of them and still get the issue, a new save file probably wont work. I might see if I can find a place to borrow the game to check, but in the meantime any suggestions?
How about just delete the entire game folder? I don't remember the game installs anything, but there should be a game folder. Delete it and use your own saves (backed up of course). That's a weird bug, because I finished the game three times from beginning to end to unlock the platinum trophy and I didn't encounter it.
Wow, unlocking the platinum using someone's save is so dishonorable... I rather commit Seppuku than doing that, even it's bypassing a bug. I mean can't you just use another save w/o 100% completion?
Old 03-08-11, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by Ocelot
How about just delete the entire game folder? I don't remember the game installs anything, but there should be a game folder. Delete it and use your own saves (backed up of course). That's a weird bug, because I finished the game three times from beginning to end to unlock the platinum trophy and I didn't encounter it.
Wow, unlocking the platinum using someone's save is so dishonorable... I rather commit Seppuku than doing that, even it's bypassing a bug. I mean can't you just use another save w/o 100% completion?
Yeah, I deleted the game folders without any luck. And being from Australia I couldn't find any Australian version game saves, except for this one which opened up the trophies too.
Old 12-30-12, 05:11 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

So another bump, as I plowed through this game in about 2-3 days. Absolutely loved it. Significantly better then the first game in all areas, with better graphics (that snow was amazing), great cinematic sequences, great voice acting and character interactions with Flynn and Chloe added to the mix, and better gameplay with more fun exploration and the shooting aspects paced better. Genuinely blown away at a lot of moments in this game, maybe for the first time since playing Gears of War 1.

Glad I ended up getting a PS3 to play these games, as this was probably one of my favorites of the generation. Now to decide if I want to take a break from Drake and play God of War 3, or continue on to Uncharted 3.
Old 02-20-22, 07:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,150 Likes on 900 Posts

Decade old bump, and for not the right game, but I couldn’t find a thread for Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune. Started to replay yesterday due to the movie coming out. Still a very solid game after all this time.

I’ll probably make my way through the sequels eventually too. I only have a PS3 though so I won’t be able to play the last couple unless I decide to get a PS4 or PS5 eventually.
Old 02-20-22, 08:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 737 Likes on 364 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike86
Decade old bump, and for not the right game, but I couldn’t find a thread for Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune.
https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game...s-fortune.html

Old 02-20-22, 09:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I guess there it is. I searched with the full game title and swear I didn’t see it.
Old 11-07-22, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Another bump of this thread by me. Decided to start playing this again over the weekend. Pretty much powered through the entire game. Finished a good bit of it yesterday. Down to the last couple chapters. Such a great game and a fun franchise.

I really need to get a PS4 or PS5 so I can play A Thief’s End and The Lost Legacy.

Last edited by Mike86; 11-08-22 at 12:12 AM.
Old 11-07-22, 05:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 619 Likes on 478 Posts

Damn, I don't even remember starting this thread.