Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-10, 08:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Originally Posted by chess
You hardly have to play online at all to get the platinum...added trophies don't count toward it.

This is one of only 3-4 platinums I have, and I hardly ever play it online.
Oh that's good news, I thought every trophy on the list (71) which includes multiplayer trophies had to all be collected. When I first received the game I had 48 on the list (I think) and then I downloaded an update the second time I went to play it which included the online trophies to bump it up to 71.

But if those online trophies are only an incentive and don't need to be collected for the platinum, only the offline trophies, then that's great news as I only need the "Normal, Hard and Crushing" trophies for the platinum.

Thanks for the info, chess. Kind of embarrassing though.

Last edited by JHBulls; 07-22-10 at 08:55 AM.
Old 07-22-10, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Home of the UF Gators and Nat'l Championships, Gainesville, FL
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think there are only 2 online trophies that count towards the platinum. and they can be knocked out within an hour or two. I knocked them out on my one night in our Friday rotation night.
Old 09-06-10, 05:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

Just finished the game up. This is what Indy 4 should've been. Loved the story and characters were great. I hope Sully is used more in Uncharted 3. He didn't seem to be used that much in this game. I thought adding in the supernatural elements at the end was something they could've done without. The boss fight at the end was horrible. Not much of a challenge and could've made the fight less generic. It was kind of boring fight. But i enjoyed the end sequence.

Coolest moment :
Spoiler:
In the Tibet level, when you're being shot at by multiple snipers in the tower. I was able to shoot the last sniper just as he was launching the rocket and it ended up blowing up and crumbling the whole tower!
Old 09-07-10, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Beat the game on hard and thought it was fantastic. The final boss was kind of a throwaway and I hated the battles with the

Spoiler:
Guardians

They were a pain.
Old 09-21-10, 11:10 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm just finishing my first playthrough and I strongly disliked the game. I enjoyed Uncharted: Drakes Ethnic Cleansing quite a bit, but this one seems very forced. I didn't think the puzzles or platforming were interesting (yes, even the train and the trucks) and thought the enemies were 'cheap': riot shields, Gatling guns and body armor?

First & foremost it has to be a good game, and this one wasn't.
Old 09-21-10, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by bryce0lynch
I'm just finishing my first playthrough and I strongly disliked the game. I enjoyed Uncharted: Drakes Ethnic Cleansing quite a bit, but this one seems very forced. I didn't think the puzzles or platforming were interesting (yes, even the train and the trucks) and thought the enemies were 'cheap': riot shields, Gatling guns and body armor?

First & foremost it has to be a good game, and this one wasn't.
UC2 is a cake walk compared to UC1 that game was hard as shit. I thought is was fantastic. Definately AAA title.
Old 09-21-10, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by JohnnyDaBull
UC2 is a cake walk compared to UC1 that game was hard as shit. I thought is was fantastic. Definately AAA title.
Correct. I thought the original was way harder than UC2.
Old 09-30-10, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

GOTY edition officially announced.
Originally Posted by softsailor.com
Sony has uploaded some information on the Game of the Year Edition of Uncharted 2 via the US PS Blog.

Uncharted 2 was officially released on the 13th of October in the US and on the 16th in EU last year, up until now the game sold over 3.8 million units in the whole world and hosted over 125 million online multiplayer matches, won over 50 Game of the Year Awards and it got 30 full score reviews, brilliant I might say.

SCEE will launch the Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Game of the Year Edition in the US on the 12th of October for $49.99. The title will come on a Blu-ray format edition alongside a voucher that allows you to download all the DLC packs:
PlayStation Heroes Skin Pack
Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune Multiplayer Pack
Un charted 2 Siege Expansion Pack
Currency Multiplier which grants Double XP up to level 10 in Multiplayer
Golden Guns option for the AK-47 and the 92FS 9mm pistol for use in Multiplayer
Early access to “Revenge” Booster – you still have to purchase it with in-game cash!
Uncharted: Eye of Indra – Motion Comic Bundle (which includes Episodes 1-4)
Uncharted: Eye of Indra – Rika Raja and Daniel Pinkerton Character Skins
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves – Avatar Pack 1
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves – Avatar Pack 2
Uncharted Avatar Pack 3
Uncharted Avatar Pack 4
Pinball Heroes – Uncharted for the PSP
If you try to download the packs separately from the special edition, it will cost you about $35 so paying 50 bucks from your wallet for the special edition and all the DLC packs justifies the cost.

It seems that Naughty Dog has other stuff to show the fans, but I’m saving the news for some other time, maybe the following weeks.

Look at the Game of the Year Edition trailer after the break
looks like quite a good deal for those of you who don't have everythig and are still interested
Old 09-30-10, 05:39 PM

I'm actually quite upset over this. I purchased all the dlc seperately. I woulda bought this and waited it I had known.
Old 09-30-10, 05:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm actually quite upset over this. I purchased all the dlc seperately. I woulda bought this and waited it I had known.
It's hardly unprecedented. It's actually my new rule.
Old 10-03-10, 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by pinata242
It's hardly unprecedented. It's actually my new rule.
Yea I realize that now. when I bought this I didn't know about game of the year editions because I had just gotten my system. If they do this with RDR I'll be pissed again LOL.
Old 10-03-10, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Yea I realize that now. when I bought this I didn't know about game of the year editions because I had just gotten my system. If they do this with RDR I'll be pissed again LOL.
Thanks. That reminded me to go ahead and sell mine now just in case. However, I don't think Rockstar has ever done a GOTY edition, have they? But I also don't think they've every done DLC like this before.

Just sold my UC2 copy on ebay to put towards the GOTY copy. Wish the DLC added to the original game and not just MP.
Old 10-03-10, 12:21 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Not interested in any of that DLC. It's just multi-player skins and maps, nothing for the core game.
Old 10-03-10, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Groucho
Not interested in any of that DLC. It's just multi-player skins and maps, nothing for the core game.
I'm actually interested in the Eye of Indra little movie. I watched the first episode when it was free and thought about getting the rest but never did. I thought it was pretty entertaining.
Old 10-03-10, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

Originally Posted by Groucho
Pretty much what I was thinking
Old 10-03-10, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by TLwizard
I'm actually interested in the Eye of Indra little movie. I watched the first episode when it was free and thought about getting the rest but never did. I thought it was pretty entertaining.
If you only want that I suggest getting it off psn it's only $2.
Old 10-03-10, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yeah, i got the bundle for dirt cheap. It's a bit short, but it was a fun watch...
Old 10-03-10, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 444 Likes on 311 Posts

Uncharted fans should check out Enslaved - the demo reminded me a lot of Uncharted (mostly Uncharted 2's action/platforming), only instead of cover-based shooting, it has combo-based melee fighting.
Old 10-03-10, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 212 Likes on 185 Posts

^ cool will check it out then. I dl'd the 360 demo last week but never tried, will now based on ure comment.
Old 10-03-10, 11:33 PM

No, I know. I'm interested in the other things as well, but that specifically was a non-MP thing that I was looking forward to having.
Old 10-04-10, 06:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by TLwizard
Thanks. That reminded me to go ahead and sell mine now just in case. However, I don't think Rockstar has ever done a GOTY edition, have they? But I also don't think they've every done DLC like this before.

Just sold my UC2 copy on ebay to put towards the GOTY copy. Wish the DLC added to the original game and not just MP.
They put both of the GTA IV add-ons on a disk...not exactly the same, but definitely a step in this direction.
Old 10-05-10, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by chess
They put both of the GTA IV add-ons on a disk...not exactly the same, but definitely a step in this direction.
No sooner did we have this conversation than Rockstar announces the complete GTA IV disc: http://www.joystiq.com/2010/10/05/gr...plete-listing/
Old 03-05-11, 07:47 AM

I've just encountered an annoying glitch... just as I'm starting the hard difficulty play through to get the trophy for it, too. I'll get to the glitch, but I'll first explain that I deleted my save files and the Uncharted 2 folders from the game data utility area. Before all that I tried to simply delete my save files, then doing a few more "new" games, without any luck. The glitch still appears even after I deleted every last shred of evidence that I even had Uncharted 2 on my console. I tried doing a new game without downloading the update for the online trophies and still no luck. So it's obviously not a corrupted file because I tried everything from deleting certain things to deleting everything.

I'll show you guys the glitch - from 5:50 where Drake is out cold, he just lies there swinging his arm.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbcvR...eature=related

You can see on the comments that someone else has the same problem, but with mine it isn't my second play through. This would've been my 3rd or 4th and without no such problems. The glitch occurred after the 2nd cut scene, there is another one as you get off the dangling train so it's just in that area and isn't a problem with the cut scene as it's the 2nd one.

By doing all those deletions I lost all my in-game tweaks, weapons and trophy dollars. But I am not too bummed out about those as I have the trophies that matter on my XMB, but now I just have to figure out what the problem is, I've pretty much determined it isn't a corrupted file. Could it be the game disc? Has anyone had a game that has not frozen, mine isn't freezing, but has had a character not doing anything, but a new disc has got the game to work again?

I am sure I can find an Uncharted 2 save file on the net, but since it's not a problem with any of the files as I deleted all of them and still get the issue, a new save file probably wont work. I might see if I can find a place to borrow the game to check, but in the meantime any suggestions?

Last edited by JHBulls; 03-05-11 at 07:53 AM.
Old 03-06-11, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

So, you can't move?
Old 03-06-11, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Raul3
So, you can't move?
No, I can't move. And the worst part of all is I borrowed my friends copy and it's doing the same thing in the same spot so now I am out of options.

Edit: I created a new user account, with a new email address and the glitch still occurs in the same spot.

Last edited by JHBulls; 03-06-11 at 07:52 PM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.