Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

"Ghostbusters"

Old 05-20-08, 12:24 AM
AOD

This game has the making of greatness and nostalia. Looks great.
Old 05-20-08, 06:42 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by dogmatica
Looks neat, though the video makes the character look like he's moving reeeeally sloooow.

Good point. Not that it's a bad thing mind you. I just finished Ghost Recon 2 and the slow but fairly realistic movements and 3rd person views between both games looks similar.
Old 06-06-08, 04:58 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

So the guys at Proton Charging pointed out that the developers are being quiet about the villain of the game, although Gozer has been mentioned but they said that Gozer wasn't appearing in the same form as before.

Gene Wilder has a MySpace. On it, he posted this:

"I currently am working on a project with Mr. Dan Aykroyd.
By the way. Do you believe in ghosts?"

Gene Wilder could be the villain in the Ghostbusters video game. I don't think there could be news that could possibly be more awesome.
Old 07-06-08, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Here's a video discussing how Rick Moranis refused to be in the game because he doesn't need the money. There's of course a bunch of footage from the game as well.

Pretty sad that he couldn't be bothered for a little voice acting.
Old 07-06-08, 09:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: the kingdom of the evil Voratians, ruled by the wicked Ak-Oga
Looks like one of the actors from the movie isn't going to be part of the game:

http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/p...55?cid=8654124

EDIT: DAMMIT, MAN!!!
Old 07-06-08, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Beat ya to the punch!
Old 07-06-08, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

It's too bad that he doesn't want to appear in the game but seriously, will anybody miss him if he wasn't there? I wouldn't.
Old 07-06-08, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Not really, but since this is being considered an official sequel to the movies then he should be there... assuming his character is part of the story.
Old 07-06-08, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by LorenzoL
It's too bad that he doesn't want to appear in the game but seriously, will anybody miss him if he wasn't there? I wouldn't.
He was my favorite part of the movie, but my anticipation for the game is so high that his absence won't dissuade me.
Old 07-06-08, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Here's a video discussing how Rick Moranis refused to be in the game because he doesn't need the money. There's of course a bunch of footage from the game as well.

Pretty sad that he couldn't be bothered for a little voice acting.
The funny thing is I was at Disneyland last night and saw the "Honey, I shrunk the Audience" film (we were killing time waiting for Space Mountain) and his performance was so bad, I can't see why he would have got paid for it.
Old 07-06-08, 05:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Doesn't need the money? I don't think any of them need the money. What happened to that guy?
Old 07-06-08, 05:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Moranis is retired from making movies I believe. After his wife died he started staying home to take care of his kids.
Old 07-06-08, 06:34 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by DthRdrX
Moranis is retired from making movies I believe. After his wife died he started staying home to take care of his kids.
Ahh, that makes a little more sense and actually sounds familiar, like I've read that before. He has done voice work the past few years though(Brother Bear 1 & 2 come to mind), so I still don't see the issue here. More power to him though.
Old 07-06-08, 07:50 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

His wife died? Oh that's too bad.

Oh well, I think the game has a enough potential to be a great game and RM not doing a v/o for it won't change that.
Old 07-06-08, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I didn't know his wife died.
Old 07-06-08, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by nickdawgy
I didn't know his wife died.
She died in 1991- cancer.
Old 07-06-08, 09:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Sigourney Weaver is also not participating, per OXM.
Old 07-06-08, 10:42 PM

Are there any screens or videos of the PS2/Wii version of Ghostbusters out there?
Old 07-08-08, 08:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by lawyer goodwill
Are there any screens or videos of the PS2/Wii version of Ghostbusters out there?
Thanks to Proton Charging:

That's it so far. Red Fly is pretty hush hush on the subject.
Old 07-08-08, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by mcfly

I'm really leaning towards getting this for the wii. It's the first wii game taht i'm eager to use the motion sensor controls. How cool would it be if the game came packaged with the proton blasters and the ghost trapper controller adapter?
Old 07-09-08, 02:18 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Is that game for SNES?
Old 07-09-08, 10:05 AM

Thanks for the pics, mcfly.

Heck, I think these pics look cool - I only have a PS2, so it will have to do the trick for my GB fix!
Old 07-10-08, 06:36 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Excellent interview with Ernie Hudson about the game. He seems like a really cool guy.

Here's page one of three:
Spoiler:
Who, as the tagline for one of the most popular movies ever made asks, you gonna call? Not Ernie Hudson, it turns out. At least not first.

He's giving a talk at the London MCM Expo, where he's come to promote the new Ghostbusters game. But by his own admission, Hudson was not top choice for the job. "In the scheme of people who they go to, I'm like, the last guy," he tells the audience. "They assume I need the money. Which is true."

In fact, as Hudson explains later, he's done rather well out of Ghostbusters. Winston Zeddemore didn't get nearly as much screen time as the other three leads, but 24 years on the actor who played him is still recognised the world over. He's still getting paid to promote Ghostbusters products and he's still making money at sci-fi conventions.

He's arguably the star attraction at this one. Sure, Edward James Olmos is signing autographs over there in the corner. But Hudson was famous long before Olmos started shouting made-up swearwords at pretty robots, and besides, he's charging GBP 20 a time.

In typical circumstances Hudson would be doing the same. "Usually I do these conventions, and I sit at a table and I sell autographs to you guys for 15 pounds or something. Which is really kind of cheesy," he says. "But I'm down here for the guys who made the Ghostbusters game, so I'm here to sign for free. You can come by without worrying I'm going to take your money. If you want to take photos, feel free. Come by and say hello."

He's just as friendly when we sit down for our interview, full of smiles and promising to answer all my questions even if he's heard them a hundred times before. He doesn't pretend to be a huge gamer. "But my sons, they're really into games," Hudson says. "So when they asked me to do the voiceover for the game, one of my boys came with me. He played it and he really liked it a lot. He was very impressed with it."

Certainly more impressed than he was with the Commodore 64 Ghostbusters game. "My kids really hated that. They thought it sucked. When it's your movie and your kids are saying, 'Dad, this game really sucks,' it's kind of... Hmm. So hopefully this game will be better than the first game. Hopefully they'll like it, and you guys will like it."
'Ghostbusters' Ernie Hudson'

Go on Ernie! Stick it to the man! Or rather ghost.

It's not that Hudson's never played videogames, he explains. "Years ago, I bought my son Tetris. He said, 'Wow, this is cool, Dad, but are you sure you don't want to play? Here, this is how you do it...' So I start playing Tetris. I have to be at work at six o'clock the next morning. Then it's 4.30am and I've been up all night, playing Tetris."

It is a tragic and all-too familiar story; Hudson soon found himself in the grip of an addiction that would go on to almost consume him. "For 15 years, I was hooked on Tetris. I played it every single day," he confesses. "I can still hear that stupid song in my head. I thought, if that one game did that to me... I just don't have time for that. So I'm not a gamer. But the kids, they spend more time than I'd like to see them spend playing games."
Old 07-10-08, 07:15 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

great story.

Last edited by lordwow; 07-10-08 at 08:42 AM.
Old 07-10-08, 07:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Shame about Moranis and Weaver, but they really aren't THAT important to a video game sequel. A movie, sure. But the game? They got Bill Murray on board, which I would have thought would have been impossible, so it's all good.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.