Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

"Ghostbusters"

Old 07-10-08, 07:50 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

for those curious about what rick moranis is up to: http://www.rickmoranis.com/

Old 07-10-08, 08:27 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Looks like Annie Potts is in, as well as 75 minutes worth of never-used music recorded for the first film.

Here's a pretty good preview at UGO Gamesblogs.

The trademark humor from the films will punctuate the game as players visit locales both familiar and new with one or more members of the original team serving at their side. Aykroyd, Ramis, Bill Murray and Ernie Hudson are all signed on and confirmed to be lending their voices and likenesses to the game, as are Annie Potts (Janine) and William Atherton (Walter Peck). What’s more, complementing the game’s original score will be roughly 75 minutes worth of never-used music recorded for the first film.
Old 07-10-08, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by chuckd21
Shame about Moranis and Weaver, but they really aren't THAT important to a video game sequel. A movie, sure. But the game? They got Bill Murray on board, which I would have thought would have been impossible, so it's all good.

I agree 100000%. Between the 4 leads and Annie Potts I think they got all the voice talent that is completely necessary for the game. I would of enjoyed having the entire cast but it's not critical. I really would like to know how long it took to convince Murray. I respect the fact that his career has taken a more serious turn in recent years but I hope he quickly remembered the things that put him on the map in the first place.
Old 07-15-08, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

In the immortal words of Eric Cartman: kick ass!

Old 07-15-08, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

wow, that looks great.

I hope this doesnt suck. Please...
Old 07-15-08, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I'm all in.
Old 07-15-08, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

watching the live demo on g4 it looks great
Old 07-15-08, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Nice.
Old 07-16-08, 08:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Looks real nice.
Old 07-16-08, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Wow William Atherton is in it? Score.

It's amazing how much good will this game is getting. We're all pleading with the studio to take their time and do it right.
Old 07-16-08, 06:02 PM

If done right, this could be one of the best video games based on a movie franchise.
Old 07-16-08, 06:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by MasterofDVD
I respect the fact that his career has taken a more serious turn in recent years but I hope he quickly remembered the things that put him on the map in the first place.
He hasn't talked to Harold Ramis since 1993 after they filmed Groundhog Day, and I know he and Aykroyd only speak on occasion.

He's not anti-Ghostbusters but he definitely has a lot of resentment towards fans who recognize him as Venkman.
Old 07-16-08, 06:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by mcfly
He hasn't talked to Harold Ramis since 1993 after they filmed Groundhog Day, and I know he and Aykroyd only speak on occasion.

He's not anti-Ghostbusters but he definitely has a lot of resentment towards fans who recognize him as Venkman.
Really? Any links to articles on what the heck happened with Murray and Ramis? That sounds interesting.
Old 07-29-08, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Motherfucker.

Originally Posted by Gamespot
Brutal Legend, Ghostbusters, more dropped by Activision
Publisher passes on a slew of Vivendi Games' in-development titles; 50 Cent, World in Conflict: Soviet Assault, Wet also affected.

By Brendan Sinclair, GameSpot
Posted Jul 28, 2008 7:42 pm PT
Earlier today, Activision Publishing announced a streamlining of its Vivendi Games operations, saying it would be bringing into the fold five of that company's franchises: Crash Bandicoot, Spyro the Dragon, Ice Age, Prototype, and one unannounced game.

An Activision representative later confirmed for GameSpot that those would be the only Vivendi Games franchises coming out of the publisher. That leaves a number of high-profile projects in limbo, including Double Fine Productions' Brutal Legend, as well as Wet, Ghostbusters, Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena, World at Conflict: Soviet Assault, 50 Cent Blood on the Sand, Zombie Wranglers, Leisure Suit Larry: Box Office Bust, as well as several Xbox Live Arcade titles.

"The only franchises that Activision Publishing will release are based on Crash Bandicoot, Ice Age and Spyro, as well as Prototype and one other game that has not yet been announced," the representative said. "We are reviewing our options regarding those titles that we will not be publishing."

Activision Blizzard has other publishing arms like Blizzard Entertainment and Activision Value that were not covered by the press release and could be among the options being reviewed. As of press time, representatives from those companies did not return requests for comment.

A scheduled Comic Con International panel on the Ghostbusters game was abruptly cancelled last week, with no explanation given to attendees. However, the game was on the show floor in playable form.
With so much work done, hopefully this still gets put out and not delayed too terribly.
Old 07-29-08, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Hero

No worries
The latest release schedule from Activision Blizzard has just been submitted and there are two glaring absences: Ghostbusters and Brutal Legend. Gamesindustry.biz is reporting that they've been canceled, but let's all just take a deep breath for a moment.

Our sources have received word that Ghostbusters is still in production, so that's some good news. There's still no firm confirmation regarding Brutal Legend, but it had a pretty reasonable amount of hype going and it's hard for me to imagine it has been canned. Doesn't mean it hasn't, but I'd take this all with a very large grain of salt.

If I were forced to speculate (and I am) I'd suspect that this is just something that's been overlooked due to the complexities of the merger between Activision and Blizzard. I've heard stories of an entire studio being forgotten about in the shuffle of paper that's been going on, so failing to mention a couple of projects isn't all that surprising.

Still, I'm going to sleep a whole lot better once we hear that Brutal Legend is still in the works. I'd hate to see Tim Schafer sad.

[UPDATE: We have a quote from the Sierra PR team regarding Ghostbusters: "It is not cancelled and will not be canceled."]

Old 07-29-08, 11:20 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

If anything someone will pick up publishing duties. What's interesting to me is a mention of Riddick, which hasn't even been mentioned since about this time last year.
Old 07-29-08, 11:26 AM

50 Cent Blood on the Sand off the schedule? NOOOOOOO!
Old 07-29-08, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

There was a rumor that Activision is supposedly looking to sell the Sierra brand, so that may be why Brutal Legend and Ghostbusters, as well as Riddick and WET aren't coming to Activision. That or the properties themselves are being sold and published elsewhere.
Old 07-29-08, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

When exactly did Activision acquire Sierra?
Old 07-29-08, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by RichC2
When exactly did Activision acquire Sierra?
Vivendi bought Sierra in 1996. They merged with Activision earlier this month to form Activision Blizzard.
Old 07-29-08, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Groucho
Vivendi bought Sierra in 1996. They merged with Activision earlier this month to form Activision Blizzard.
Indeed.

I find this all kind of ironic on ActiVision's end since they basically made the GB games of the late 80s a household franchise at the time for kids my age. All of the Atari, C64, NES, Game Boy games.. all developed and published by ActiVision. Now they're shopping around the game.

Still makes you wonder exactly why Aykroyd and Ernie Hudson cancelled their con appearances last Friday.. maybe just coincidence, but still. Perhaps nobody wanted them speaking on the subject of the game until this little mess was ironed out.
Old 07-29-08, 08:22 PM

I hope Ghostbusters finds a publisher, the game looked awesome, I am sure though they will probably find a publisher, they have spent alot of money on this game so far.
Old 07-29-08, 08:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

They have a publisher, Activison.
Old 07-29-08, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by lordwow
They have a publisher, Activison.
No, not Activision.

Jeff Mills, director of production at Austin, Tex.-based Red Fly (developer of the Wii, PS2 and DS versions of Ghostbusters) confirmed in a phone interview Tuesday that Activision will not be publishing Ghostbusters.

Not all hope is lost, however. Asked if Sierra would still publish the game if Activision Blizzard sells off the label, Mills said, "That's all up in the air right now," adding, "It will be published by someone."
http://www.edge-online.com/news/ghos...l-be-published
Old 07-29-08, 10:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well that is weak.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.