Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

World of Warcraft Official Thread - Round 3

Old 04-18-07, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Find a good supportive guild, that helps. Though I don't know of many good ones that would take a 10 year old - maybe start your own? That might be fun.

Run lots of quests, explore the areas and try not to get caught up in the PvP nonsense, it can really ruin the game. Also, high level raiding and dungeons are very time consuming and expensive and, IMHO, not worth the grief.

Do you have two separate computers? It would be a lot of fun to play together and makes the game much easier. If it's going to be a lot of solo play, I'd suggest a hunter for your first character. I went with a druid (which is also a good solo choice - basically a rogue, priest and warrior combined) but they are more difficult to play. I rolled a hunter and was blown away by how easy it is to play with a pet. You pretty much have a two-man group for the entire game.

Do some research into your character's "recommended" professions - can be great money makers when they get maxed out.
Old 04-20-07, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Kman1011
K-major noob here, My 10 year old son just got WOW and seems to be enjoying it as well as his 7 year old. I tried it a bit last night, seems interesting. ANy suggestions for the kids on getting the most out of it? Seems pretty overwhelming(not really to the ten year old but to me)
Stress the fact that this is an interactive game. Those other people you see walking around, there is a real person behind it controlling him/her. Teach your kids online etiquette and get them cooperating. Doing so will turn it into a mostly positive experience. Treating it like a single player game with others getting in your way is not the way to go. If you get the opportunity, all 3 of you could group together and accomplish goals that no single person in the group could have done alone.
Old 04-22-07, 08:14 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by RoQuEr
Stress the fact that this is an interactive game. Those other people you see walking around, there is a real person behind it controlling him/her. Teach your kids online etiquette and get them cooperating. Doing so will turn it into a mostly positive experience. Treating it like a single player game with others getting in your way is not the way to go. If you get the opportunity, all 3 of you could group together and accomplish goals that no single person in the group could have done alone.
Yeah, I'm always jealous of rl friends, lovers, and family that play the game together. They seem to have the best time and accomplish the most.
Old 04-25-07, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Got my first Karazhan experience last night. we one shotted Attunmen but then couldnt get past Moroes. still it was pretty cool and we're going back tomorrow
Old 04-26-07, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Nice! We finally got a couple shots in at the Prince last week in Kara. Good stuff.
Old 05-01-07, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

We head back to karazhan tonight. i cant wait. My warrior is currently DPS specced (31/29/1) and i off tanked kara alright on thursday. but i'm thinking if i end up off tanking again tonight i might respecc to a 35/5/21 build since the Off Tank seems to tank a lot more than DPS.
Old 05-02-07, 07:53 AM

Thats pretty much the build I use 31-5-25 (improved taunt and sunder - agrro whores I tell ya) and can do almost anything with it. Granted, I doubt that I could MT anything with the build, but OT would be fine.

Still looking for a guild who does not mind my style of play. You know, log on when you want... run what you want when you want. But still offer the chance to see more end game. With 3 kids now in the house joining a decent raiding guild is just not gonna happen as life>game.

Deldawalth and Notatank on Draenor
Old 05-02-07, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Delda! i didnt know you posted here. I (as my mage, Lucite) was in Elven Empire with you. A bunch of us in Marginal Heroes are people with kids. Our raids and most scheduled runs are 9pm server time which is pretty late your time. but we have people on at all times looking to do stuff.

i went with the 35/5/21 spec last night to OT Karazhan and it made tanking things ten times easier for me than the previous week. we stil couldnt down Moroes but we downed attunmen, the devil dog boss and the trash mobs with ease.
Old 05-02-07, 08:06 PM

So I sold my account today. It was a hard thing to do, but I burned out for my third time. I also have to concentrate on rl things like college. I'll still keep track of WOW news and this thread to see how things are going.
Old 05-02-07, 10:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

if you dont mind telling, what levels/classes did you have and how much did you get for it?
Old 05-02-07, 11:25 PM

I am doing the B/C trial. Currently playing as a Blood Elf Paladin. Just hit level 12, with a few hours of play. Hate to say it, but I think it sucked me back in. I am enjoying the Paladin class a lot. Never roled one before, due to the fact I didn't care for the Races that could be one.

I got eight more days on the trial, two of which I have to work, so I won't get to play much. Ater that, I'll see how far I take this Pally during the trial and maybe, just maybe upgrade.

I'm on the Hellscream server - if anyone wants to look me up, look for Amoth.
Old 05-03-07, 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by DaveNinja
if you dont mind telling, what levels/classes did you have and how much did you get for it?
It was a lvl 70 frost mage. I got $200 for it. I know I could have got a lot more, but I was kind of desperate for money. I made my money back from buying the game and expansion pack and all the time cards plus a little more. I had fun times and no one can take that away from me.
Old 05-03-07, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Michael Ballack
It was a lvl 70 frost mage.
Were you pimped out in tier 4/5? Where did you sell it?

I've got a 70 warlock I'm considering getting rid of. Right now, I've quit for 2 weeks, but it's soooo hard.
Old 05-03-07, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by joeblow69
Were you pimped out in tier 4/5? Where did you sell it?

I've got a 70 warlock I'm considering getting rid of. Right now, I've quit for 2 weeks, but it's soooo hard.
I really don't know what tier I had, but I had good blues. I just know that when I went to places like Karazan or heroic dungeons, the purples weren't that much better than the blues I had. email me at [email protected] and I'll tell you where I sold it. I'm a desperate college student, that's why I did it. I know that the company that bought it off me is going to probably sell it for 3 times as much, but what could I do, ebay no longer lets you sell them. It was a tough decision, but I can't let wow get in the way when I return to college this summer. I had to go cold turkey if you will.
Old 05-07-07, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I miss my grand marshal mage......grrr.
Old 05-08-07, 07:47 AM

Still doin' my Blood Elf Pally. Made it to lvl 20, with relative ease and still enjoying myself. I guess I will go ahead and resubsribe.

-sigh-

Damn game is crack.
Old 05-08-07, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Got another karazhan run tonight and it looks like i may be leading it. We need to get our crowd control on Moroes down better so we can finally take him down.
Old 05-08-07, 11:39 AM

Crowd control is crucial on that fight. We generally shackle one add, freeze trap one, and stunlock/frost kite the first add while we burn it down. The third add is pally-feared or freeze trapped depending on our group makeup that night.
Old 05-08-07, 11:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

the offtank actually has the hardest job for that fight, especially if the dps is light. He has to tank the current add, and also keep his aggro on moroes ahead of the healers for when the main tank gets gouged/blinded. We usually kill 2 adds then the boss, then the other 2 adds.
Old 05-09-07, 11:38 AM

Yeah, you need a good off-tank. We use a feral druid. And we burn 3 adds so we only have the shackled one to deal with after Moroes himself.
Old 05-09-07, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

We still couldnt seal the deal on moroes last night. we were a little light on DPS and still had a few "first timers."
our group: protection warrior, 2 fury/prot warriors (one was a fill in since a signed up rogue didnt show), 2 holy/dis priests, 1 holy pally, 1 rogue, 2 mages, 1 warlock
we even had a good combo of moroes-adds (ret pally, prot warrior, shadow priest, holy priest)
i was raid leader and off tank. the strat we tried was to have MT and OT tank Moroes and the Prot warrior add. shackle holy priest and ret pally. burn down shadow priest first then burn down the shackled holy priest. then DPS moroes and during vanishes, work on prot warrior.
our dps was too low because by the time we got two adds down, the healers were near out of mana. one of us fury/prots needs to be replaced with a DPSer. also we dont have a keyed hunter so that hurts.
Old 05-10-07, 02:07 PM

Yeah, having a warrior in your DPS slot really hurts, as does a lack of a hunter. Having a freeze trap to hold that ret pally would go a long way as well. What we would do in that situation:

- MT on Moroes
- OT on Moroes until 1st add is down; this way, he is second on aggro when MT is gouged/blinded
- shadow priest = 1st add; rogue stunlock/evasion tanks while rest of raid burns it
- holy priest = 2nd add; freeze trapped, OT picks it up after 1st add dies; burn down
- ret pally = 3rd add; shackled (or trapped with 2 hunters), OT picks up after 2nd add dies, burn down
- kill Moroes, keeping prot warrior shackled until after Moroes is dead

You have all your DPS bringing AP/spellpower food, pots and elixirs, right? everyone should be bringing mana consumables as well. I think we had our MT flask on this fight for a while until we got the hang of it.
Old 05-11-07, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yeah, Moroes got us for awile. Takes awhile to get the hang of. Keep in mind that pally's can bubble out of the gouge (and can bubble 1 person out of it if the cooldown is up), Mages can iceblock out of the gouge, and hunters can Feign when he disappears and he won't get gouged. Moroes can be hard, but you'll get him eventually. We just took The Prince last week and will work on Netherspite this week
Old 05-14-07, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by glassdragon
and hunters can Feign when he disappears and he won't get gouged.
Unfortunately, this isn't true. I have gotten gouged while being feigned.
Old 05-14-07, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

we did better on thursday but still couldnt kill him. got moroes to 6%. we had 2 holy pallies and a holy priest healing, prot warrior as MT and arms/prot (me, 35/5/21) as OT, a rouge, two mages, a lock and a under geared shadowpriest. MT and OT on moroes and the protection warrior add (he was mainly hitting me so i could get rage to stay 2nd on moroes aggro list). everyone else burned down the shadow priest add first while a pally feared the holy priest add. then the holy priest add went down and everyone started in on Moroes. while moroes was vanished we worked on the protection warrior. the Ret pally add was shackled by the shadow priest the whole fight. out healers would run out of mana and we'd have a DPSer or two die and just couldnt get moroes down in time.
we should be able to get him this week since we've improved each time. the cost for mana pots isnt making the healesr happy, though.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.