Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

World of Warcraft Official Thread - Round 3

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

World of Warcraft Official Thread - Round 3

Old 03-22-07, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is it worth it to get this if you have limited time, maybe 3-10 hours a week?

Anyone on the Draka server?
Old 03-22-07, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by Cusm
Is it worth it to get this if you have limited time, maybe 3-10 hours a week?

Anyone on the Draka server?
In my opinion, no. At least not once you max out your character. The main reason I am not playing anymore is because I am unable to raid with my guild (kids are going to bed right when the raids get going) and if you can't raid or do instances, it's tough to get decent gear. You can do PvP or farm, but if you can't run the high-level content (and one dungeon can easily take 3 hours alone) you can't get the gear.

I managed to mostly solo my way to 70 and have other characters in their 20s to 40s but unless you can put the time in (and you are competing against people who literally do nothing but play this game all day) you will eventually hit a wall.
Old 03-22-07, 07:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I play for maybe 3-10 hours a week, at least for the last several months.

I've been playing for almost 2 years.

I agree with Draven in terms of raids and instances. Those are harder to do if you are a casual player. I've *never* done a raid and I've probably only done 4 or 5 instances.

I go through phases of thinking I'm done with the game, but then I get back into it. Well, as much 'into it' as a few hours a week allows.

I say give it a shot. Even if you get burnt out after a few months, you'll easily get your money's worth for those few months.

I have 3 characters:

Level 50 Dwarf Hunter
Level 46 Undead Rogue
Level 16 Human Warlock

I really think this game is what you want it to be. If you want to participate in raids, you gotta dedicate a lot of time. But it's still a blast even if you don't have that kind of time.

In terms of the amount of time I've dedicated to it, I'd have to say WoW is my favorite game ever. I've never invested 2 years in a single game.
Old 03-23-07, 01:12 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

anyone here on bonechewer?
Old 03-23-07, 01:15 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by FiveO
Took down Nightbane in Karazahn 2 nights ago.

Last night my guild worked on Gruul for 2 hours. Woah what a fight. I liken it to a Naxx fight with 15 less people Got him down to 50% at our best. Its just a matter of learning to avoid the "shatter's". Sooner or later though.

Hope everyones having fun!

Try again, they MASSIVELY nerfed him tuesday past. Massively nerfed i mean like

Shatter only does 1-2k damage now and he only does it like twice a battle
and he has from what i undersand like a a million less hp or something like that
Guilds on my server are saying he's on par with MC bosses now and they are getting him down in 10 grows or less

Originally Posted by Xander
I did get my Wolfslayer Sniper Rifle, though, which is hot.
You suck

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/#c...wer&n=Malicore

mine if anyone cares heh

Last edited by glassdragon; 03-23-07 at 01:27 AM.
Old 03-23-07, 07:43 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yeah...we took Gruul down last night with little to no problems.
Old 03-23-07, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Draven
Yeah, high level content blows when you are constantly repairing and purchasing pots.

My issue is that I can't run an instance 3 times in a night or several times during the week. I might be able to get one run in per week, and if something doesn't drop for me I'm SOL. Three hours in an instance that drops nothing but Pally gear (and we don't have many Horde pallies in our guild, let alone a given group) means a huge waste of time for me.

And the process to get keyed, the strategies you have to learn or else you wipe the group and everything else you "have" to know at high level keeps me turning back to my alts running around the Barrens.

I agree, the hardcore nonsense is for the birds . I like my guild in that we run something and if we wipe a few times it's like "oh, well.....let's just go do some quests"

We got the second key frag for Karazhan last night with three people. We just used stealth and invisibility pots to get to the container and then took down the lone 70 elite.
Old 03-23-07, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by JaxComet
I agree, the hardcore nonsense is for the birds . I like my guild in that we run something and if we wipe a few times it's like "oh, well.....let's just go do some quests"
Not mine - we go until we beat it or the group falls apart.
Old 03-23-07, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2019 TOTY Winner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
my druid which hit 20 today, the gear sucks but I did get that staff and boots this morning

man I love fighting in cat form, lot's of damage
Old 03-23-07, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

It gets way better, especially if you go Feral spec and focus on agility, stam and strength gear. My lvl 70 druid can hold his own in most situations, just because I have so many options.
Old 03-26-07, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by glassdragon
Try again, they MASSIVELY nerfed him tuesday past. Massively nerfed i mean like

Shatter only does 1-2k damage now and he only does it like twice a battle
and he has from what i undersand like a a million less hp or something like that
Guilds on my server are saying he's on par with MC bosses now and they are getting him down in 10 grows or less

You suck

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/#c...wer&n=Malicore

mine if anyone cares heh
Yeah, our guild will be giving Gruul a try again on Thursday, so we'll see how it goes.

Are you guys doing Karazhan yet? There's three good ranged weapons in there. Other than that, pretty good gear you've got there. Here's mine:

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/#c...bashi&n=Kalten
Old 03-27-07, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

What would you consider the best enchant for a warrior 1h sword-

got this
http://www.thottbot.com/i29124

now need an enchant on it :-)

was just going to throw a fiery on it for now and wait for someone to get the mongoose or battlemaster enchants on my server or is crusader still worth it with the lvl 60+ nerf?
Old 04-03-07, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i finally got a toon to 70. well almost. my mage ended up 14 exp away from 70 after i killed the Houndmaster at deaths door in blade edge mountains. after i barely was able to kill him i noticed that i had a branch i was supposed to use when fighting him that would summon some treants or something.
Old 04-09-07, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I finally hit 70. twice. My mage killed the Houndmaster up the blades edge mountains and ended up only 14 exp away from level 70. so i set her up outside Shatrath city and then a few days later was playing my warrior and dinged. Right after my warrior dinged i logged out and then logged onto my mage and killed a moth. thus resulting in two "ding 70" within a minute.
Old 04-10-07, 07:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

my guild wanted to try and raid Ogrimmar. we decided to check the city out using alts. then figured we would test the defenses using only 5 people. we rode in and all the guards seemed to go for the first couple who entered- I decided why not and rode towards Thralls fortress- a few guards were chasing me- i rode into the building and selected thrall as soon as I dismounted. ran into the room being attacked by around 30 guards or so and hit him twice before dying.

kind of fun.
Old 04-12-07, 12:22 AM

Did Blizzard skip the Darkmoon Faire this month? I thought it was supposed to be on the second Tuesday.
Old 04-16-07, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 31 Likes on 14 Posts
So I am attempting to quit WoW for the 5th or so time now. Has anyone had any experience selling their WoW accounts? I know you can't do it on eBay anymore, but i'm guessing there's other places to do it? Yeah yeah, I know it's against the WoW EULA or whatever, but I'm quitting, so I don't care
Old 04-16-07, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Debating if I want to start WoW back up. I always enjoy the early levels, but then around the 20's, I start to grind and end up canceling.. May just have to wait for Age of Conan.
Old 04-17-07, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by LivingINClip
Debating if I want to start WoW back up. I always enjoy the early levels, but then around the 20's, I start to grind and end up canceling.. May just have to wait for Age of Conan.
The 20's are the early levels. I'm thinking WOW isn't for you........
Old 04-17-07, 11:35 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Which is odd, as I really enjoy MMORPGS, but for some reason WoW seems to bore me to sleep after the 20's.
Old 04-18-07, 12:53 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
What's up with the constant gold seller spam lately? First it was Farmers spamming it in general and trade chat. Then it went to mail, I get 2-3 mails a day advertising it. Now it's whispers. I literally get more then a dozen whispers a day, mostly from p3ons4hir3.com or something.

For only $150, they will get me from 60-70. Where do I sign up?
Old 04-18-07, 08:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by nickdawgy
What's up with the constant gold seller spam lately? First it was Farmers spamming it in general and trade chat. Then it went to mail, I get 2-3 mails a day advertising it. Now it's whispers. I literally get more then a dozen whispers a day, mostly from p3ons4hir3.com or something.

For only $150, they will get me from 60-70. Where do I sign up?
I'm not sure if it slows the spammers down much, but I installed a spam add-on that makes it really easy to report 'em. If you get an email, you just click on the 'spam' button. Whispers are reported as an alert and you can view the whisper to verify it's spam and click a button to report it to a GM. I got 2 the other night. One account had already been closed so it didn't submit a ticket, but I got an automated response from a GM about the other thanking me for submitting.
Old 04-18-07, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
I'm not a WOW player anymore, but just wanted to say that I saw about 4 copies of the Burning Crusade Collector's Edition at Circuit City last night if anyone missed out when they first came out, it might be worth checking your local CC. I kow they were pretty impossible to get if you hadn't pre-ordered one, so I wonder where these newly available ones are coming from.
Old 04-18-07, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I've gotten some mail, but the first thing I do when firing up WoW again is make sure General and Trade chat are turned off. I cannot stand the constant scroll of inanity.
Old 04-18-07, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

K-major noob here, My 10 year old son just got WOW and seems to be enjoying it as well as his 7 year old. I tried it a bit last night, seems interesting. ANy suggestions for the kids on getting the most out of it? Seems pretty overwhelming(not really to the ten year old but to me)

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.