Old 05-29-07, 12:36 PM
~M~

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm on Boulderfist - Horde - lvl 46 Hunter
Old 05-30-07, 07:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Xander
God, we ROCKED Kara last night. Huntsman, Moroes, Maiden, R&J and Curator in 3 hours. One-shotted everything. Trash still feels the same, but the bosses felt a little squishier.

feels good, doesn't it

http://www.lossendil.com/wws/?report=5livjvguapmgi&m
Old 05-30-07, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by DaveNinja
We tried gruuls lair on sunday night. lots a dying. never got the pull down right (only 1 hunter).
I hear that there was a really cool mage that was pulling for ya.
Old 05-30-07, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts
The pull on Maulgar is seriously the hardest part of the instance. Once you can get that down, it's much easier. Even Gruul, though you need 25 people paying attention and GOOD DPS to get him down fast enough.

We've almost got Mag figured out, so hopefully he will be dying on Sunday.
Old 05-30-07, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts
We one shotted attunmen, moroes and maiden last night. but couldnt get past big bad wolf. we'd run along the outside edge but he would cut corners and get us. got him down to 38% one time, though. he would also fear/stun at the same time as red ridinghood was created and the person couldnt move and would die.

tjr2mental: yeah too bad we could get the rest of the pull down. that warlock ogre would constantly death coil me as i tried to get aggro. we opened up our enrollment. if you know any 9 pm 70s, who you think might fit in, let them know.
Old 05-31-07, 09:22 AM

The BBW is such a touchy fight. You have to lead him, but don't get too far ahead or he will cut corners. Sometimes you can get him hung up on the "scenery" around the stage too. We always put a tank on each side of the stage to help pick him up when he de-aggro's off the RRH target. Again, a pally bubble can help on this fight.

Can't remember what the deal is with the warlock, since I am always busy tanking the shaman.
Old 07-13-07, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

downed Curator and did the Chess event for the first time a couple nights ago. slowly making progress. going to try out Illhoof and Aran on sunday
Old 07-13-07, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 228 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by DaveNinja
downed Curator and did the Chess event for the first time a couple nights ago. slowly making progress. going to try out Illhoof and Aran on sunday
We downed the Prince last night for the first time. We kind of cheesed it, though, we found a place where we could all stand and not worry about the falling elementals at all.

Does your guild use DKP for Kara? I've been doing kara for 4 weeks now, and due to the crappy DKP system, I haven't had a chance to get a single loot. There's always someone in the group with more DKP than me. It got to the point last night, where on Prince, someone took a cape that would have been great for me, but they admitted it was only a "minor upgrade" for them. Why not pass on a "minor upgrade" and give someone else a chance at some loot??? Ugh, it pissed me off so much, I decided to cancel my account again last night.
Old 07-13-07, 04:54 PM

I'm slowly making my way to 70, but have no intentions of raiding , due to stories like above. I'll probably just do the PVP system for some honor and gear.
Old 07-13-07, 05:48 PM

For the second, or was it third or fourth time, I quit WOW last night. I deleted all my characters and gave gold to friends and guild members. After that, I uninstalled WOW off of my computer. I love WOW, but I was that guy that let it take over my life. I was playing WOW about 8-12 hours a day. I'm 25 and just need to get my shit together. I'm still young, but I'm at that point where I have to do something or I'll be that 30 year old guy still living at home.
Old 07-22-07, 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by joeblow69
We downed the Prince last night for the first time. We kind of cheesed it, though, we found a place where we could all stand and not worry about the falling elementals at all.

Does your guild use DKP for Kara? I've been doing kara for 4 weeks now, and due to the crappy DKP system, I haven't had a chance to get a single loot. There's always someone in the group with more DKP than me. It got to the point last night, where on Prince, someone took a cape that would have been great for me, but they admitted it was only a "minor upgrade" for them. Why not pass on a "minor upgrade" and give someone else a chance at some loot??? Ugh, it pissed me off so much, I decided to cancel my account again last night.
What type of DKP system are you using? Is your guild giving DKP unfairly to others? What is it about the system that made it crappy? And finally, if it is a bad system talk about it on your guild forums. Maybe others feel as you did and would like to try out a system that better fit the needs of all those in your guild.

One thing about DKP is this, if they earned it and want to waste it on sidegrades let them, when it is you on top of the list you will have your choice of loots.

Also, seeing how the majority of players only care about the color of the item you will see people unwilling to pass loot to others all the time. that is what dkp was made for. You raid you get points, and when you have the points you spend em on the gear that you really want.
Old 08-04-07, 12:13 AM

New expansion Wrath of the Lich King announced. "Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in."

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/wrath/

Trailer is up on gamevideos too.
Old 08-04-07, 12:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Michael Ballack
New expansion Wrath of the Lich King announced. "Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in."
I am done with it. I never even hit 70. I also have a problem paying for two expansions to get content advertised with the initial release.
Old 08-04-07, 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by innocentfreak
I am done with it. I never even hit 70. I also have a problem paying for two expansions to get content advertised with the initial release.
I wish I had your attitude, really I do. I've been trying to play other games lately after quitting WOW for the 3rd time, but they don't do it for me they way WOW does.
Old 08-04-07, 05:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
My second character hit lvl 70 a few days ago. Figure I can get a few more to lvl 70 by the expansion in 2008. my guild only casually raids so i doubt I will get huge gear upgrades from that so PvP will need to be the way I get better gear.
Old 08-06-07, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

We're still in karazhan. one of our guild teams finally cleared the place, btu my team keeps getting set back (people gettign geared up and leaving, people on vacation, etc) so we've still got to take down shade.
Old 08-06-07, 02:13 PM

Still stuck in Outland here. Had a little trouble with raid attendance, but we're getting back on track as the summer winds down. Got The Lurker Below and Hydross down in Serpentshrine Cavern, and Void Reaver down in The Eye. So I'm sure I'll still be playing when the new expansion comes out. Sounds pretty cool so far. I need to get an alchemist leveled so I can cut down on my raiding expenses a bit.
Old 08-08-07, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend & 2019 TOTY Winner

Received 160 Likes on 122 Posts
I'm back!!!

Took a 3 month break but now I'm having serious withdrawls
Old 08-08-07, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by Canadian Bacon
I'm back!!!

Took a 3 month break but now I'm having serious withdrawls
Welcome back to the habit. You can't stay away forever, I should know. I've quit 3 or 4 times now.
Old 09-04-07, 11:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 399 Likes on 299 Posts
I can't play at all. I log in, I see 0 latency, everyone is spinning, running into walls, and named unknown. I get dc'd after a few minutes. This happens constantly. My net connection is fine, just WoW suffers.

Any ideas?
Old 09-05-07, 12:01 PM

did you do the basic "please delete your interface and WTF folder" yet? Could just be a bad file in there. If that does not work you can try to do a repair of the game files, but that takes some time to do.

One more thing. Can you log into any other of your toons and not have the problem? Seems that there are bugs that effect only certain toons on your account. I had one that would boot me from the game when I was on Delda, but had no problems on any of my other toons. Had to run a fix to get rid of that problem. Sounds somthing like the one your having now.

Also, post your problem in the warcraft forums.. you can get alot of help from the blues in the tech support forums. good luck!

Last edited by tjr2mental; 09-05-07 at 12:11 PM.
Old 09-05-07, 12:05 PM

finally quit my guild due to loaning out 4000g to an officer who then decided that he was just to good to pay me back. After waiting for ~2 months I just gave up on him and left the guild. One good thing came out of it though, I get to watch his guild fall apart now. Whoot!

So once again I am on the hunt for a raiding guild who does not suck and has people who actually try to accomplish shit in the game. It gets old getting to the are that your to raid, and half the people are pvp'n, have no pots.. none of the reagents that are needed from their class or have not repaired. Oh to have the free time that I had 2 years ago.

Last edited by tjr2mental; 09-05-07 at 12:07 PM.
Old 09-06-07, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I was going to say "hey i know a guy who had that happen" but then i remembered it was you! sucks about the 4k. One of our guildies had gone to Speakers of the Dead to raid but then left them for another guild not long ago. With a warrior and a mage i'm sure you'll find something. I would say "us" but we're having overflow problems. trying to fit 4 karazhan groups into one 25 man raid doesnt not make everyone happy. I did get my tier 4 shoulders on my warrior last week, though, so that was nice. And i finally got my Kings Defender last night after hitting karazhan for months.
Old 09-06-07, 02:25 PM

Received 188 Likes on 105 Posts
Is anyone thinking about leaving WOW once Warhammer Online is released?
Old 09-06-07, 02:34 PM

Its not like I am hurting for gold. Both 70's have their epic mounts (nertherdake ftw) and all the crafted gear that they can get pretty much. And its not the loss of the gold... it is being lied to. That alone is what sucked hardest.

Grats on your T4 btw! Got mine on the mage a couple weeks back and love em. Still have yet to loot anything from Kara and am 1/3 to exalted. total suck there.

And yea, Speakers looks to be pretty much dead now. The officers decided to do co-op runs with 3 other guilds (when we were sittting people as it was) which upset a lot of people. Once the list of those who were to be considered raiders was posted all those who did not make it left. Can't say that I blame them when 9 out of 10 who made it were officers. lol

Anywho... I will find a home sooner or later. Just have to wait to find one who is willing to work for their loots is all. So far I have ran trials with 3 guilds and each have sucked evenly. One thing I can say about BC is this... it made a lot of people raiders, to bad most of them were not cut out for it.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.