Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

World of Warcraft Official Thread - Round 3

Old 03-02-07, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Anyone check out Blizzard's new character/Guild/arena team search?

Its awesome

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com

. Its basically like CT Profile, but no more manual updating..Blizzard does all the work and fuss. Also updates Guild info with no manual work!
Old 03-02-07, 10:05 AM

The armory is pretty cool...when it works (seldom). People are going berserk about it on the forums though, and want the option to make their character profiles private.
Old 03-02-07, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Groucho
The armory is pretty cool...when it works (seldom). People are going berserk about it on the forums though, and want the option to make their character profiles private.
QQ

There is no difference between this and 'inspect' really.
Old 03-02-07, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

here's my shaman's profile

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/#c...halo&n=Onicorn
Old 03-02-07, 07:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

QQ

There is no difference between this and 'inspect' really.
Well, yeah, except that the armory lets you see talent point allocation, reputation with other factions, etc, whereas inspect gets you only gear.

Not that I think it's important, but there is a difference.
Old 03-06-07, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Had a strange thing happen today- we were talking in guild chat about loaning money after a guild member was thrown out and it turned out he had borrowed money from people. I mentioned I had loaned 150 gold to a member and he had left our guild 2 days later and of course never heard from him again about it. members asked me who and i told them.

the person psted me right away(alt or friend in guild i guess) saying he was going to pay me back and why did i have someone else contact him-lol

people are strange. he did not care when i loaned it to him to talk to me about it. now when others know he is worried and wants to pay me back.

I guess i should just not lend people money.
Old 03-07-07, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by FiveO
I've talked with several druids who aren't buying their lower flying mount. But remember, to get the epic flying mount you need to buy the 225 flying for 800g. So the epic ends up costing 6,000g total.
Druids pay about 10g for their 225 flying skill. It comes with their flight form skill.

But the epic flying skill IS going to cost 5000g, from what the blues have said.
Old 03-07-07, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by gcribbs
Had a strange thing happen today- we were talking in guild chat about loaning money after a guild member was thrown out and it turned out he had borrowed money from people. I mentioned I had loaned 150 gold to a member and he had left our guild 2 days later and of course never heard from him again about it. members asked me who and i told them.

the person psted me right away(alt or friend in guild i guess) saying he was going to pay me back and why did i have someone else contact him-lol

people are strange. he did not care when i loaned it to him to talk to me about it. now when others know he is worried and wants to pay me back.

I guess i should just not lend people money.
Its because if someone gets a bad rep (like this), They will have a hard time finding PUGs, and good guilds to be a part of.
Old 03-08-07, 12:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Xander
Druids pay about 10g for their 225 flying skill. It comes with their flight form skill.

But the epic flying skill IS going to cost 5000g, from what the blues have said.

Ahh...gotcha. Didn't realize you got 225 flying when you trained for flying form.

Makes sense. My warlock got 150 riding free when I hit 60 and did the epic mount quest.
Old 03-08-07, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by superdeluxe
Its because if someone gets a bad rep (like this), They will have a hard time finding PUGs, and good guilds to be a part of.

funny thing is that he actually ended up not sending me the money within the hour like he said.

So I guess his true colors came thru.
Old 03-08-07, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

put him on your ignore list!
Old 03-08-07, 06:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DaveNinja
put him on your ignore list!
There are a lot of assholes who play WoW, no need to bother with them

sorry Groucho

Old 03-13-07, 11:13 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Took down Nightbane in Karazahn 2 nights ago.

Last night my guild worked on Gruul for 2 hours. Woah what a fight. I liken it to a Naxx fight with 15 less people Got him down to 50% at our best. Its just a matter of learning to avoid the "shatter's". Sooner or later though.

Hope everyones having fun!
Old 03-13-07, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by FiveO
Took down Nightbane in Karazahn 2 nights ago.
What does he drop?
Old 03-13-07, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

http://www.wowwiki.com/Nightbane_%28Boss%29

I received the Robe of the Elder Scribes for my warlock off Nightbane. Many look at the robe and say its a mage robe but its really nice for a full affliction specc'ed warlock. As soon as the robe procs...3 instant Affliction spells and another thats 3 second cast. Major damage.

Our Nightbane kill he dropped the robe and Ironstriders of Urgency listed on that Wiki page I linked above.
Old 03-14-07, 12:34 PM

Nice. We had some group makeup issues in our 3rd Karazhan group (which I'm in), so we've struggled a bit. Finally got the Opera down last week (BBW). Looking to hopefully at least get some tries in on the Curator this week. I did get my Wolfslayer Sniper Rifle, though, which is hot.
Old 03-15-07, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

My warrior is still only 60% through level 68. So karazhan is still a ways away. I did get my shadow lab key last night, though. Settik halls is pretty easy with a mage, rogue and priest for crowd control. we one shot both bosses. the last boss almost got us, though. we were down to me (protection spec warrior) and a fury warrior. The boss would keep alternating sheeping us so it kept us healed. just the 2 of us took down the last 20-25% of his health.
my mage hit 67 yesterday. i'm looking forward to trying out the arena when i get to 70
Old 03-15-07, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

i just hit 70 on my warlock a couple days ago. I don't have a guild anymore, and it's kind of hard to find pugs for the 70 level instances.
Old 03-16-07, 05:34 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Took down romulo & jullienne tonight. I'm really starting to feel the grind. I like experiencing new content almost as much as the gear, but the gear just plain sucks relative to the effort and cost of consumables. I just finished getting an acance resist set for curator, and that cost me about 400g in mats. The arcane flask will run me another 60. Add in all the other consumables that get used in a 10 minute fight, and it really adds up. Gruul's lair is even worse I hear. Why should an hour of wipes cost you 50g in potions?
Old 03-16-07, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Yeah, high level content blows when you are constantly repairing and purchasing pots.

My issue is that I can't run an instance 3 times in a night or several times during the week. I might be able to get one run in per week, and if something doesn't drop for me I'm SOL. Three hours in an instance that drops nothing but Pally gear (and we don't have many Horde pallies in our guild, let alone a given group) means a huge waste of time for me.

And the process to get keyed, the strategies you have to learn or else you wipe the group and everything else you "have" to know at high level keeps me turning back to my alts running around the Barrens.
Old 03-16-07, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by RoQuEr
Took down romulo & jullienne tonight. I'm really starting to feel the grind. I like experiencing new content almost as much as the gear, but the gear just plain sucks relative to the effort and cost of consumables. I just finished getting an acance resist set for curator, and that cost me about 400g in mats. The arcane flask will run me another 60. Add in all the other consumables that get used in a 10 minute fight, and it really adds up. Gruul's lair is even worse I hear. Why should an hour of wipes cost you 50g in potions?

My guild is working on Gruul's Lair right now. Its getting easier. The key to it is to be standing on a rock, even a small one, during the ground stomp do you don't get thrown. After the ground stomp you have to split up so that shatter doesn't wipe the raid.

As far as consumables go for this fight here's what I'm using on my warlock:

Food: 23 spell damage fish
Elixir's: 24 spell damage/1% crit elixir
15 to all stats elixir
Brilliant Wizard Oil: 42 spell damage

We all have a flask of something: Titan's for the 1200 health or Supreme Power for the 150 spell damage...but our GM and officers are having us wait to use them until we get used to the positioning of the fight.

Yes...the consumables get expensive....but at this point its the only way to even come close to getting him down.

I believe Blizzard needs to nerf some of these fights. Karazahn is way too difficult considering the mediocre loot that comes out of it. The end bosses have some nice stuff though....but is it really worth the trouble and cost. I think Blizzard is just trying to prolong the game by making it more difficult to progress. Its going to be 8-10 months before any guilds are at the end (Naxx being pre BC end). Just a thought.

As far as the Curator goes, I wouldn't flask up for that fight. The key is to dps him during his regen phase (while's he's blue) then go all out dps on him when he enrages at 15 or 20% I believe. In the middle just dps the add's.

Last edited by FiveO; 03-16-07 at 11:33 AM.
Old 03-16-07, 02:14 PM

I'm pretty sure our Kara groups 1 and 2 aren't using hardly any arcane resist stuff to get the curator down. Just concentrate on burning the adds until he evocates, then it's balls-to-the-wall DPS on him. More about execution than gear, from what I've heard.
Old 03-17-07, 05:56 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Xander
I'm pretty sure our Kara groups 1 and 2 aren't using hardly any arcane resist stuff to get the curator down. Just concentrate on burning the adds until he evocates, then it's balls-to-the-wall DPS on him. More about execution than gear, from what I've heard.
generally only 1 person needs to have a bunch of arcane resist, and thats the character who eats the curators arcane bolts which he spams every couple of seconds. He always targets whoever has the highest hit points, not counting the tank. Usually it is a feral druid or a warlock. The rest of the raid wants to wear max dps gear.

The mechanics of the fight are quite simple. Having enough dps to kill his adds in a timely fashion is what is hard.
Old 03-17-07, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Just picked up my epic flying mount a few days ago after a week of farming herbs and running 70 dungeons. It really does wonder for pvp allowing you to catch the towers in Terrokar and get away fast if need be, not to mention picking up herbs. Now I need to concentrate on farming herbs again so i can make elixir of mastery, frost potion, and any other potions that will help me as a mage.

I did COT2 the other day and I just couldn't keep up. It's a bitch on mages since they have to take all adds. My mana would be screwed at times. So I decided to stock up on pots before I attempt to do COT2 so I can get Karazan key.
Old 03-17-07, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Your 360 is flipping you off....

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.