Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Official Wii Thread Part 4.

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-06, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by Josh Hinkle
Gamers are just a whiny lot and want everything right now at the price they want to pay.
Originally Posted by PixyJunket
Good Christ. Some people won't be happy unless Nintendo hand-delivers their entire body of work in solid gold casings to them.
Wow, I make one negative comment about you leap to that. Great

Face it, not everyone has the same opinion as you. Even if you are fine with something doesn't mean everyone else is and doesn't mean that the other person's opinion is any worse than yours. If someone has a history of only berating the negatives, then fine, but for everyone else, lay off the auto-posting of hyperbolic rants.
Old 10-11-06, 12:39 PM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was leaping to that on your comment. Just tons of little comments like that on this and other boards about EVERY system.

Hell, I'm as guilty as anyone with all the bitching I did about the wii price/one controllers/no s-video etc.

We all just need to shut the fuck up and enjoy playing games.
Old 10-11-06, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I was leaping to that on your comment. Just tons of little comments like that on this and other boards about EVERY system.
That is the nature of message boards, no matter the topic. Not everyone is going to like every facet about things they like, nor should they. It isn't any different here.

Visit the TV forum and you'll find complaints about just about every episode of every show. Same with the Movie Talk and the In the Theaters threads, DVDTalk new release threads, etc. It really shouldn't be too hard, though, to differentiate between the blitz6speeds of the world and the rest.
Old 10-11-06, 12:49 PM
Retired

I agree. I guess I'm just to the point of getting sick of message boards in general after several years.

It's all bitch bitch bitch. Especially on video game boards. There's hardly any discussion of actually playing games. Just bitching about what people don't like about consoles and games etc.

People like to complain, and the socially disenfranchised internet lot concentrates the worst and most negative of humanity in one place.
Old 10-11-06, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
I agree. I guess I'm just to the point of getting sick of message boards in general after several years.

It's all bitch bitch bitch. Especially on video game boards. There's hardly any discussion of actually playing games. Just bitching about what people don't like about consoles and games etc.

People like to complain, and the socially disenfranchised internet lot concentrates the worst and most negative of humanity in one place.
Yes but you know what? These boards of fucking golden compared to every other child infested unmoderated sites out there. Not to mention, during this gen this place is 10x better than the flamewars that went on when the PS2/GC/Xbox launched.

So my hats off to this site and it's mods for keeping the place tidy.
Old 10-11-06, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeremy517
I've written an NES emulator; it is.

They already have a working NES emulator too. Just port it and add new mappers, if necessary.
Have you written your NES emulator from scratch or did you use the open source toolkits that are floating around the 'net? Unless you did the hard work of writing that code from scratch, then your NES emulator development accomplishments are nothing more than "standing on the shoulders of giants".
Old 10-11-06, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by sracer
Have you written your NES emulator from scratch or did you use the open source toolkits that are floating around the 'net? Unless you did the hard work of writing that code from scratch, then your NES emulator development accomplishments are nothing more than "standing on the shoulders of giants".
From scratch, including the 6502 processor.
Old 10-11-06, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
These boards of fucking golden compared to every other child infested unmoderated sites out there.
Mucho agreeo. Even if I can't find anyone to share my love of Japanese Twinkle Princess games here, I'm content forcing that onto my real life friends and just enjoying the more adult discussions on the mainstream stuff here.
Old 10-11-06, 12:58 PM
Retired

Yes but you know what? These boards of fucking golden compared to every other child infested unmoderated sites out there. Not to mention, during this gen this place is 10x better than the flamewars that went on when the PS2/GC/Xbox launched.

So my hats off to this site and it's mods for keeping the place tidy.

Oh I agree, this is the only VG board I read regularily.

And it is better than the last launch for sure. I think a lot of that is due to all of us being 5 years older, and a lot of the more trollish members being banned or simply dissapearing in the interim.
Old 10-11-06, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh I agree, this is the only VG board I read regularily.

And it is better than the last launch for sure. I think a lot of that is due to all of us being 5 years older, and a lot of the more trollish members being banned or simply dissapearing in the interim.
I agree as well, the conversation is generally very civil here, not too many fanboys. The only other board I visit about VGs is CAG, but I'm generally more interested in their sales/bargains than the conversation.
Old 10-11-06, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
Are people still on topic in here or is it just one big pissing match?
Old 10-11-06, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

it was veering... back to the Wii guys
Old 10-11-06, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Just over 38 days to go!

Here are some amusing videos of people trying out the Wii controller for the first time:

http://us.wii.com/experience_gallery.jsp
Old 10-11-06, 04:45 PM
Retired

Looks like the rumor about the Wii kiosks only being in Gamestop this fall are false.

http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/wii/noa...top-206903.php
Old 10-11-06, 04:47 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by MaxF
Just over 38 days to go!

Here are some amusing videos of people trying out the Wii controller for the first time:

GREAT link.
Old 10-11-06, 05:00 PM
Retired

Twilight Princess got a Teen rating. Think it's teh only Zelda game to not get an E.

http://gonintendo.com/?p=6632
Old 10-11-06, 06:57 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by MaxF
Just over 38 days to go!

LOL! Funny site! And don't want to sound too immateur but that girl from the USA at the top of the list is really hot! I was discussing this with my friend, she was commenting that the Wii is the first new system he's seen where they actually show the people playing the games which made it more appealing to her than all those other commercials that just the game and thought it was really interesting that it looks really cool too.

Spoiler:
sorry, but hot girls play Wii
Old 10-11-06, 07:00 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

It seems like a lot of places are pre-ordering for the Wii bundle with an extra controller, Wii Sports, Excite Truck and Rayman. I've had a pre-order in at Toys 'R Us, but they told me that I would PROBABLY get to pick my games. Is this the bundle that is being sold everywhere, or...?
Old 10-11-06, 08:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Check out the Family Video deal:

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=480364

You can get some pretty good deals on a lot of Wii games (the following are shipped prices):

-Call of Duty 3 = $39.98

-Excite Truck = $39.49

-Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess = $40.98

-Nickelodeon Barnyard = $15.98

-Rampage: Total Destruction = $23.63

-Rapala Trophies = $34.45

-Red Steel = $38.96

-Shrek: Smash and Crash = $34.45
Old 10-12-06, 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by BrentLumkin
Check out the Family Video deal:

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=480364

You can get some pretty good deals on a lot of Wii games (the following are shipped prices):

-Call of Duty 3 = $39.98

-Excite Truck = $39.49

-Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess = $40.98

-Nickelodeon Barnyard = $15.98

-Rampage: Total Destruction = $23.63

-Rapala Trophies = $34.45

-Red Steel = $38.96

-Shrek: Smash and Crash = $34.45
Great prices, but unfortunately I'm the type of person who needs launch games on day one, so the shipping period would kill me. So, I think I'll pick up Zelda at the store.
Old 10-12-06, 01:20 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Looks like the rumor about the Wii kiosks only being in Gamestop this fall are false.

http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/wii/noa...top-206903.php

Well, that Reggie dude told us personally at our conference that Gamestop/EB were the only ones getting it, as did our Nintendo Rep today....odd. I like how that article blames us.
Old 10-12-06, 02:30 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

WarioWare is delayed to early next year now, just incase you didn't know.
ah damn, thanks for the info.

-NiCK
Old 10-12-06, 08:26 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Monkey Ball has been on my "watch" list, I was leaning toward waiting for a price drop (ya know, looks like more of the same, not worth $50 bones) kind-of stance, but this blog post has definitely piqued my interest a bit.

From Matt Casamassina's blog, his hands on preview:
Bozie and I drove up to SF today and we're doing a bit of a Wii tour. First stop: Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz.

After two dedicated hours, I can tell you that the game is pretty awesome and I want every person who even remotely liked the previous titles -- excluding the terrible Super Monkey Ball Adventure, that is -- to go now and pre-order it. You will simply not be disappointed.

Look for my impressions -- and amazing new movies -- very soon. But in the meantime, dream of the monkey goodness, for it is vast and beautiful.

By the way, people who still say that the old games look better -- and I'm talking about visuals here -- you are blind. Banana Blitz is in a graphic league well beyond its predecessors.
Old 10-12-06, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

but this blog post has definitely piqued my interest a bit.
Somebody on the internet knows how to properly spell this phrase?! Sir, I salute you.

Oh and Monkey Ball.. two of my friends are getting it at launch.
Old 10-12-06, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I knew how to spell it from reading but i always thought it was pronounced "picked" not "peeked." I know this comment is out of the blue but just a couple weeks ago i finally broke down and looked it up because i wasn't sure if it was me or someone else mispronouncing it.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.