Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Official Wii Thread pt 2.5

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-06, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by edytwinky
Any word on how much he Wii-motes will cost?
Ooooo....more guessing!

I'll take $34.99 on the wiimote, 19.99 for the nunchuck attachment, and 44.99 for both.
Old 05-18-06, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
Originally Posted by chess
Ooooo....more guessing!

I'll take $34.99 on the wiimote, 19.99 for the nunchuck attachment, and 44.99 for both.
Would they really sell them separately? I would say 35 for both together.
Old 05-18-06, 08:05 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I'm sure they will sell the attachments by themselves, but you'll be able to buy them in a pack. Considering how many attachments there could be, in theory, you might end up seeing rows and rows of attachments at stores.
Old 05-18-06, 09:36 PM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think the Wimote and nunchuck will be sold together. The nunchuck is kind of a necessary/standard attachment.

Anything else will be sold separately.
Old 05-19-06, 02:37 AM

I agree, Wii-mote and nunchuck for $35 sounds about right.

And if anyone cares... I played Super Mario Galaxy and Warioware: Smooth Moves at e3. WW was fun as expected, but seems like you need to have friends around to fully enjoy the stupidity going on. SMG is very smooth. A lot like 64 and Sunshine, but in space... with an extra little cursor thingy and some shake-shake-shaking for objectives.

Just to clarify, you don't move Mario on foot with the Wii-mote, it's the trusty analog stick. A quick shake of the Wii-mote makes Mario do a quick tornado spin (sorta like in Smash Bros), that can be used as an attack or to... um... shake stuff. It's pretty intuitive, despite the many Nintendo girls who were at every station explaining how to play (the one I had called the bullet bills "missiles" and even worse, she called a rolling chomp a "bowling ball").
Old 05-19-06, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
RE: Wiimote and Nunchuck

I read some interview during the E3gasm that said they will be sold together.
Old 05-19-06, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I'm just glad I can use the Wavebird. I love that controller.
Old 05-20-06, 05:18 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Never used a wavebird on the 'Cube. How do they compare to the normal controller?
Strange that what we've seen of Wii so far (graphics wise) doesnt look that much of a step up from 'Cube games, when the power was supposed to be 2/3 times that of the Cube (what Nintendo claimed)?
Oh well Not interested in Wii solely for best graphics anyway
Old 05-20-06, 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by grim_tales
Never used a wavebird on the 'Cube. How do they compare to the normal controller?
Strange that what we've seen of Wii so far (graphics wise) doesnt look that much of a step up from 'Cube games, when the power was supposed to be 2/3 times that of the Cube (what Nintendo claimed)?
Wavebird is excellent.

And the graphics don't look super great, I agree. But they're still a step up. They're like Xbox graphics, but shinier (aside from Twilight Princess). It seems as if the industry is exhausting potential though, graphics-wise. We're not gonna get much better than now. We'll get better, definitely. But not much. The biggest improvements have passed.
Old 05-20-06, 06:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Except for the different weight distribution because of the batteries in the middle, it's exactly the same controller and plays just like it. All the sticks, buttons, etc. are the same. It doesn't rumble though.
Old 05-20-06, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

It has been reported that up until just recently Wii games have been developed on GC dev kits until the graphics hardware was finalized. What will happen from now until launch is optimization of graphics in the games.
Old 05-20-06, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I have two wavebirds for my Cube. They are great! I will never go back to the regular GC controller.
Old 05-20-06, 10:48 PM
En vacance

Old 05-21-06, 01:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by FRwL
Old 05-21-06, 02:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Qui Gon Jim
It has been reported that up until just recently Wii games have been developed on GC dev kits until the graphics hardware was finalized. What will happen from now until launch is optimization of graphics in the games.
As with most consoles, many of the launch titles will not live up to things we will see 6 months to a year down the road. The Wii graphics will improve over what we saw at E3, but for the launch titles I'm betting they won't have time to optimize them for the more powerful graphics.
Old 05-21-06, 05:22 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

May see if I can check out a wavebird then
Old 05-22-06, 12:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wii Will Rock You

That's Luigi rocking the mic on that song, it has to be. Queen needs to get rid of Paul Rodgers and get this guy.
Old 05-22-06, 07:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by Joe Molotov
Wii Will Rock You

That's Luigi rocking the mic on that song, it has to be. Queen needs to get rid of Paul Rodgers and get this guy.
That's great!
Old 05-22-06, 11:45 AM
IIG
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm loving all the Wii news, buit there are still a few questions I haven't found the answers to yet. Though I know none of you here work for Nintendo, so likely you cannot answer all of these, if anyone has heard anything about any of the following, please fill me in...

1. Does anyone know if Excite Truck will have fully customizable courses? To me, that was the greatest thing about the old ExciteBike NES game. I have never played ExciteBike 64 so I don't know if it had it or not. If it doesn't have it, I will be pissed Nintendo did not come out with a new Wave Race game instead.

2. Any word on Sega CD, 32X, or Saturn games on the virtual console? Nothing would beat being able to play Sonic CD, Nights, the Dragon Force series (oh just the thought of it..), or Die Hard Arcade on the Wii. Would this even be possible?

3. Does this thing support 5.1 sound (DD or DTS)? I mean, I know it will play DVDs (with an attachment, but still). Is Nintendo going the Pro Logic route again?

4. I know that Red Steel won't have any blood or gore in the game, which to me makes it an inferior title already. I mean, it simply isn't realistic. I'd go as far as to wanting them to scrap the game if they will not deliver a mature experience just because it is a Nintendo "kiddy" system. I guess my question is: Is Nintendo asking third parties to keep the realism down, or is that sort of thing at every developers discretion? I don't want any more games with brown sweat ala Mortal Kombat for the SNES. Nintendo is digging their own grave if they still have that silly approach...

That's all for now...
Old 05-22-06, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by IIG
I'm loving all the Wii news, buit there are still a few questions I haven't found the answers to yet. Though I know none of you here work for Nintendo, so likely you cannot answer all of these, if anyone has heard anything about any of the following, please fill me in...

1. Does anyone know if Excite Truck will have fully customizable courses? To me, that was the greatest thing about the old ExciteBike NES game. I have never played ExciteBike 64 so I don't know if it had it or not. If it doesn't have it, I will be pissed Nintendo did not come out with a new Wave Race game instead.
Don't know, but EB64 also had customizable courses. Strange you haven't played that, it was one of my favorite N64 games....

4. I know that Red Steel won't have any blood or gore in the game, which to me makes it an inferior title already. I mean, it simply isn't realistic. I'd go as far as to wanting them to scrap the game if they will not deliver a mature experience just because it is a Nintendo "kiddy" system. I guess my question is: Is Nintendo asking third parties to keep the realism down, or is that sort of thing at every developers discretion? I don't want any more games with brown sweat ala Mortal Kombat for the SNES. Nintendo is digging their own grave if they still have that silly approach...

That's all for now...
As far as I know, Nintendo dropped that policy quite soon after Mortal Kombat (SNES). Mortal Kombat II on the SNES contained all the blood/gore from the arcade original.
Old 05-22-06, 01:08 PM
Retired

Yeah, Nintendo hasn't had a no gore policy for years, especially not for third parties. See Eternal Darkness, the Resident Evil games etc.

You'd have to chalk up Red Steel to the developer. I'm guessing they just don't want the M rating so they can get more parents to buy it for their kids as they rightfully anticipate it having a younger audience than the other consoles.

It doesn't really matter to me as, first I can still have fun without the gore as I don't care that it's not realistic, and two the game doesn't look appealing to me with our without gore.
Old 05-22-06, 01:09 PM
Retired

Originally Posted by IIG
3. Does this thing support 5.1 sound (DD or DTS)? I mean, I know it will play DVDs (with an attachment, but still). Is Nintendo going the Pro Logic route again?
Early reports are that it will indeed be Pro Logic II again just like the GC.
Old 05-22-06, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
How realistic is one man taking on the Yakuza anyway?
Old 05-22-06, 01:29 PM
IIG
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by pinata242
How realistic is one man taking on the Yakuza anyway?
True, but if it was to happen, there certainly would be some bloodshed.
Old 05-22-06, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Josh Hinkle
Early reports are that it will indeed be Pro Logic II again just like the GC.
You know I will let them slide on no HD, but this is bullshit. It would not add much cost if any to that console to stick a digital out on there and support DD 5.1. This totally defeats the purpose of them even adding DVD movie playback capability.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.