Reload this Page >

Official Wii Thread pt 2.5

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 05-10-06, 03:04 PM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll stick it behind the wooden doors under my TV where the gamecube is now, so I don't care what color it is.
Old 05-10-06, 03:11 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Josh Hinkle
I'll stick it behind the wooden doors under my TV where the gamecube is now, so I don't care what color it is.

I would do that too but since I don't have any doors below my hdtv and my A/V rack is an open shelf unit I'm kinda stuck.
Old 05-10-06, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
As someone who got an Indigo Gamecube at launch by choice, I really don't care whether it is black, white, purple, orange, teal, mauve, or yellow with pink polka dots.

I think they may be pushing white BECAUSE it'll stand out on your shelf. They want people who come over to notice it.
Old 05-10-06, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 195 Likes on 144 Posts
Originally Posted by pinata242
As someone who got an Indigo Gamecube at launch by choice, I really don't care whether it is black, white, purple, orange, teal, mauve, or yellow with pink polka dots.
Well your name is pinata, you would like one with all those colors.
Old 05-10-06, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by UWSarge
Other Features: Four ports for classic Nintendo GameCube controllers. Two slots for Nintendo GameCube Memory Cards. An AV Multi-output port for component, composite or S-video.
I'm a little curious about the Wii only having one multi-out port, and yet it still supporting component. The GameCube component cables only carried video, so in addition to the component out, you still had to use the AV out to get sound. I'm assuming that with only one out, Nintendo will have to sell new component cables which will carry both audio and component video.

I hope there's a different solution, because if not, that'll mean that I'll have only gotten about a year and a half's worth of use out of my GameCube component cables. . .
Old 05-10-06, 03:24 PM

I think they may be pushing white BECAUSE it'll stand out on your shelf. They want people who come over to notice it.
I think the success of the iPod may have influenced the look of the Wii quite a bit.

The color, the simplicity, etc.

It's the WiiPod.
Old 05-10-06, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by MWB
I'm a little curious about the Wii only having one multi-out port, and yet it still supporting component. The GameCube component cables only carried video, so in addition to the component out, you still had to use the AV out to get sound. I'm assuming that with only one out, Nintendo will have to sell new component cables which will carry both audio and component video.

I hope there's a different solution, because if not, that'll mean that I'll have only gotten about a year and a half's worth of use out of my GameCube component cables. . .
Maybe the new cable that comes with the Wii includes it all? The 360 cable seems to have the same sort of thing...
Old 05-10-06, 05:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Trauma Center Wii:
http://gonintendo.com/?p=2509
Old 05-10-06, 06:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by PixyJunket
Very hard to tell, but that looks an awful lot like the DS version. I hope it isn't a straight remake. The thought of performing the Healing Touch with the Wiimote makes me smile.

Edit: Looks like it might be... Oh well, I'll still probably get it :P (So sorry about the sizes)

Last edited by pinata242; 05-10-06 at 06:33 PM.
Old 05-10-06, 06:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Regarding Wii colors, about 30 & 49 secs into this clip you can see white, blue, and black Wiimotes, just not actual consoles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4wnkLKgfgQ

Last edited by pinata242; 05-10-06 at 06:38 PM.
Old 05-10-06, 06:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I think in the last few days my feelings have gone from :

"I might get one sometime down the road."
"The PS3 is too expensive, so I will settle for a Wii"
"The Wii seems pretty good"
"I CANT WAIT FOR THE WII TO COME OUT!!!!"
Old 05-10-06, 06:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Virtual Console images: http://67.18.208.172/media/561/
Old 05-10-06, 06:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Don't know if it is real or not, but here's a black Wii (and it isn't any bigger than a white one, contrary to popular belief). Hopefully the base will actually match...

Old 05-10-06, 07:03 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I'm not sure where the discussion of different sizes is coming from, but that picture is of the Revolution, not the Wii.
Old 05-10-06, 07:31 PM

Old 05-10-06, 07:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Even though Nintendo didn't knock me out with NEW stuff, their lineup looks like a lot of fun. Hopefully, the innovative games exist and will be announced this summer.
Old 05-10-06, 08:02 PM

I haven't bought a Nintendo console since the SNES (which I still play), but I'm getting pretty psyched about this.

I would love for them to come out with a new version of Mike Tyson's Punch-Out to take advantage of the Wii controller. If Tyson has lost too much of his luster since the 80's, they could do Muhammed Ali's Punch-Out, and have you box the father of Glass Joe, Soda Popinski, etc.
Old 05-10-06, 08:29 PM

sensor bar:
Old 05-10-06, 08:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by jeffdsmith
I'm not sure where the discussion of different sizes is coming from, but that picture is of the Revolution, not the Wii.
Size thing was a penis joke. As for "the Revolution, not the Wii"... what?
Old 05-10-06, 08:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

What will the N64 controller look like? Will we just use the remote/nunchuck?
Old 05-10-06, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

The cable on that sensor bar looks to be a good 6 feet, easy. Will be good for people with A/V shelves set apart from the display.
Old 05-10-06, 09:14 PM
Banned by request

Originally Posted by lukewarmwater
What will the N64 controller look like? Will we just use the remote/nunchuck?
That would use the Virtual Console controller, pictured elsewhere in the thread. It looks like an SNES controller wth analog sticks.
Old 05-10-06, 09:16 PM

Size thing was a penis joke. As for "the Revolution, not the Wii"... what?
Gotcha. My comment is that in the picture posted of the black system, its the old "Revolution" image, not the Wii released photos. I thought there was actual concern over different sized consoles. I feel foolish.
Old 05-10-06, 09:17 PM

Snake to be in the new Super Smash Brothers: Brawl. (joystiq)

Details are just now rolling in, but we have confirmed the following playable characters:

# Pit (Kid Icarus)
# Solid Snake (Metal Gear Solid)
# Zero Suit Samus (Metroid)
# Meta-Knight (Kirby)
# Wario (Wario)

Last edited by jeffdsmith; 05-10-06 at 09:19 PM.
Old 05-10-06, 09:26 PM

Info on Metroid 3 from IGN:
May 10, 2006 - In an interview with the Retro Studios team, IGN Wii learned today that Metroid Prime 3: Corruption will indeed be a launch game for Nintendo Wii. Developed from the ground up for the new platform and its unique controllers, Metroid will arrive alongside The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess offering up a first-party double punch when the console ships this holiday season.

Like its predecessors, the game will not feature an online mode for competitive multiplay -- however, support of the system's 24-hour-connection is under consideration. This would allow Nintendo to push upgrades and additional content to Metroid Prime 3: Corruption owners with wireless connections even when the console is switched off.

Retro Studios also confirmed that Metroid Prime 3 will depart from the light and dark world setup introduced in Metroid Prime 2: Echoes and instead feature large areas to explore on multiple worlds. Though Samus will use her new gunship to travel between planets, players hoping to pilot Samus Aran's new gunship may be disappointed to hear that they will not be able to pilot the ship themselves. Travel between areas likely occurs only in cutscene form. That's not to say that the ship doesn't feature a large role in the game, however. Retro hinted at a new visor mode that lets Samus command her ship from the ground. For example, she can use the gunship uplink to blow up obstacles in her way and gain access to new areas.

Though the other visors are still being kept a secret, Retro did confirm that the X-Ray visor will return and play a bigger part in both combat and puzzle solving. Used in conjunction with a new beam that is able to shoot through walls, players will be able to detect obscured enemies and take them out safely.

The developer is also hard at work on polishing the graphics in the game to make it a noticeable step up over the previous titles. Retro has added new bloom effects and much more complex particle systems for even bigger fireworks. The target framerate for the final game is a smooth 60 frames per second.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.