Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The Xbox 360 Compendium, Version 2.3

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-06, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Originally Posted by 1998Nole
The Lego Star Wars character pack is now on Marketplace for 200MP. I have not seen what characters are included though.
Sweet. I'll have to snag those tonight. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 09-29-06, 12:13 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I guess I know what I'll be doing at least part of tonight.

I still have a bunch of chapters to complete without dying.
Old 09-29-06, 12:57 PM
Mok
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 1998Nole
The Lego Star Wars character pack is now on Marketplace for 200MP. I have not seen what characters are included though.
46 characters total

1 = obi-wan kanobi

2 = obi-wan kanobi episode 3

3 = obi-wan kanobi jedi master

4 = jango fett

5 = general grievous

6 = darth maul

7 = mace windu

8 = mace windu episode 3

9 = grievous bodygaurd

10 = droideks

11 = r4-p17

12 = battle droid

13 = battle droid commander

14 = battle droid geonosis

15 = battle droid security

16 = tc-14

17 = wookiee

18 = chancellor palpatine

19 = padme

20 = padme battle

21 = padme clawed

22 = padme geonosis

23 = queen amidala

24 = super battle droid

25 = ki-adi mundi

26 = kit fisto

27 = luminara

28 = shaak ti

29 = clone

30 = clone episode 3

31 = clone pilot

32 = commander cody

33 = clone episode 3 swamp

34 = clone episode 3 walker

35 = disguised clone

36 = anakin skywalker boy

37 = boba fett boy

38 = geonosian

39 = anakin skywalker jedi

40 = anakin skywalker padawan

41 = captain paneka

42 = jar jar binks

43 = pk droid

44 = royal gaurd

45 = count dooku

46 = qui-gon jinn
Old 09-29-06, 01:11 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by Mok
46 characters total
42 = jar jar binks

He is so going to go over many, many cliffs and into any bodies of water I can find in game.

Then, I'll never choose his character again.

Can't wait to check out some of the others though.
Old 09-29-06, 01:22 PM
2017 TOTY Winner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Vryce

He is so going to go over many, many cliffs and into any bodies of water I can find in game.

Then, I'll never choose his character again.

Can't wait to check out some of the others though.

WOW yousa bombad!
Old 09-29-06, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
I don't think you want to [actually] see Bunny on Live. He has an affinity for.. well perhaps this isn't the best forum/crowd.
I'm curious as to how you would end this statement.
Old 09-29-06, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Originally Posted by bunnydojo
I'm curious as to how you would end this statement.

Instead of a pic (since this is VGtalk) a link instead.
Old 09-29-06, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hmmm... Think I'll wait till I get home to see those results.
Old 09-29-06, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Want to play Gears of War before anyone else? Some lucky bastards will:

Gears of War Chainsaws its Way to the Big Screen in Four Major Cities

Gamers in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago and San Francisco will be among the first to play “Gears of War” after special pre-release screenings of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning

Fueled by rabid fan interest and anticipation, Microsoft Game Studios today announced that gamers will get their first chance to play “Gears of War” on Wednesday, Oct. 4 after pre-release screenings of New Line Cinema’s The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning in four major cities, marking the first time in entertainment history that a major motion picture and video game have been previewed together.

The pairing of the new film with the game for this special promotion makes the perfect “Match Made in Hell” that’s sure to delight gamers and horror aficionados alike. Kicking off the first of three “Match Made in Hell” events during the month of October to celebrate the release of the game, fans will be able to register online beginning Friday, Sept. 29 at http://www.texaschainsawmovie.com/gearsofwar/ for a unique chance to attend the joint-preview and play “Gears of War” on the big screen at select AMC theater locations nationwide.

Epic Games’ “Gears of War” thrusts gamers into humankind’s epic battle for survival against the Locust Horde, a nightmarish race of creatures that surface from the bowels of the planet. The game blends the best of survival horror titles like Texas Chainsaw Massacre with tactical action gaming using high-definition visuals in cinematic, beautifully rendered interactive environments. “Gears of War” will launch exclusively on Xbox 360 beginning Nov. 7, 2006.

Fans interested in registering for the event should visit http://www.texaschainsawmovie.com/gearsofwar/ for the chance to attend and for information on participating theaters and show times. Additionally, fans should continue to check www.xbox.com/matchmadeinhell for more information on future "Match Made in Hell" events, including details on “Fright Night” and a “Hollywood Cemetery” event planned for late October.

A horrifying story, drawn from a series of true events, the original The Texas Chainsaw Massacre is considered by many to be one of the greatest thrillers of all time and a landmark of terror that has influenced countless films in its wake. Iconic in popular culture, its menacing evil character, “Leatherface,” will forever be one of the most recognizable screen villains. With 2003’s remake of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, starring Jessica Biel, the filmmakers at Platinum Dunes brought new life and vigor to the horror movie genre, while also honoring its predecessor. Now the company continues on that path with a startling prequel, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning, which will release a new wave of horror across theaters nationwide on Oct. 6 detailing the beginnings of the Hewitt clan and expose their psychotic idea of family fun.
Old 09-29-06, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Liver&Onions

What? Youngstown, OH ain't big enough?? Dang

Last edited by tbird2340; 09-29-06 at 02:43 PM.
Old 09-29-06, 02:53 PM
Video Game Talk Editor

FYI, The Vision camera can be purchased for $27.99 shipped through Buy.com using the Google Checkout system. Other deals to be had as well.
Old 09-29-06, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

If Kameo had free shipping I'd buy it right now.

Here are some other 360 deals I see. All of these prices are shipped, after the discount:

Enchanted Arms (With Bonus Comic) - $45.99
Just Cause - $38.99
Lego Star Wars II - $39.99
Test Drive: Unlimited - $29.99
Xbox 360 Live Arcade Unplugged - $27.99

Last edited by BrentLumkin; 09-29-06 at 03:30 PM.
Old 09-29-06, 03:40 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Not sure if this has already been posted, but on Joystiq.com now...

Assassin's Creed 360 has superior AI, says Ubisoft producer [update 1]

Posted Sep 29th 2006 4:10PM by James Ransom-Wiley
Filed under: PC, Sony PlayStation 3, Microsoft Xbox 360, Action, Adventure
Assassin's CreedAssassin's Creed producer Jade Raymond has let slip what she must have assumed was a minor detail, suggesting the Xbox 360 version of Ubisoft's upcoming release will boast superior crowd AI when compared to the PlayStation 3 version. She points to 360's more-capable threading capabilities as the reason for this slight technical improvement. Raymond also noted that the Xbox team is working on some special achievements for Assassin's Creed, but she did not comment on the state of PS3 "entitlements."

Many had anticipated that Assassin's Creed would be one of PS3's future hits (a reason to invest in the pricey console), if not the killer app -- but that was when AC was "exclusive" to Sony's console. Will news that the Xbox 360 version is apparently "smarter" drive some console sales away from Sony and into Microsoft's corner? Will the MS camp try to market this detail to its advantage? This is an issue to watch.
Old 09-29-06, 03:47 PM
2017 TOTY Winner

isnt all that CPU talk a matter of opinion though? I mean theyre apples and oranges--some things are better, some things are worse.
Old 09-29-06, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I thought the main advantage the 360 has over the PS3 was something about the video memory. Something along the lines of the PS3 having the amount of memory allocated to textures locked in so that programmers could not take that memory and use it for something else, and likewise it could not use more video memory for that purpose.

I had no idea that the 360 also has better threading capabilities. If these rumors are true, then Sony better start dropping the prices on the PS3 soon cause not many people are going to want to drop more money for the console and then have a better copy of the game on the 360.
Old 09-29-06, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Save Ferris
isnt all that CPU talk a matter of opinion though? I mean theyre apples and oranges--some things are better, some things are worse.

I think it would depend on how much of a difference these issues really are. I mean if the 360 has better threading and better video memory utilization then that pretty much means games will look better on the 360. If the difference is enough then I would think that pretty much all cross platform games will be designed for the 360 and ported to the PS3 which means that many of the advantages that the PS3 might have would not get used, ala the original xbox always getting crappy ports of PS2 games.
Old 09-29-06, 04:47 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by s}{ammer
They pay that kind of money for a few reasons. Union contracts, even if his plant isn't unionized he still could reap the benefits from the contract GM has in place at the corporate level. Second, he is helping to build auto parts, so there should be a decent pay so as to entice him to work well and pay attention to detail since nobody wants monkeys building the parts for cars that might save lives. Third, he is working third shift so he probably gets a good third shift differential.

I remember when I worked at TRW our plant wasn't unionized but we got all the benefits that TRW had worked out with the UAW. So whenever the UAW guys would come by and offer to represent us everyone just laughed at them since all they could do for us was take two hours wages a check.
GM is the main employer in this area, and they pay well to keep their employees coming back to work. It's a great place to work, but it is boring as Hell. Since I'm on shift 3, I get a 10% shift premium and I work 7.5 hours, and get paid for 8.
Old 09-29-06, 09:39 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Liver&Onions

Gamers in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago and San Francisco will be among the first to play “Gears of War” after special pre-release screenings of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning

I don't know. I don't think the prospect of playing any game could make me sit through TCM: The Beginning.
Old 09-30-06, 02:02 PM
tpc

I finally got a 360 last night. I traded in a bunch of old games, and managed to get the Premium system, a vertical stand with the cooler built in by Pelican, an xbox live gold 3 month membership, Madden 07. oblivion and fable for 390 bucks out the door. I'm very pleased.

my biggest disappontment was that I attempted to save money by not buying the wireless adapter. I thought i could simply move my cable modem downstairs and jack directly in, but for some reason, my digital cable didn't like that (I think splitting the signal made it too weak. Oh well. for the moment, i'm not on live, but I will be with my next pay cycle.

I played a little Madden, and well, it's the same thing it's always been... however, I have a new Mistress, and her name is Oblivion
Old 09-30-06, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

You can get a wireless adapter on eBay for around $50-$60. That's what my cousin recently did, and it worked out great for him.
Old 09-30-06, 02:24 PM
tpc

Originally Posted by BrentLumkin
You can get a wireless adapter on eBay for around $50-$60. That's what my cousin recently did, and it worked out great for him.
the official MS one, or another brand? i'm sure there's a cheaper way to go about it, but i'm not real savvy on wireless networking.
Old 09-30-06, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, the official MS one. Just go on eBay, search for "xbox 360 wireles adapter" and sort so the newly listed items come up first, that way when someone posts a good deal for BIN you can see it right up top. Here are a couple BIN auctions that I found really quick:

http://cgi.ebay.com/X-BOX-360-WIRELE...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Wireless-Xbox-36...QQcmdZViewItem

As always, just use your head when buying on eBay, and you should be fine.
Old 09-30-06, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by tpc
I finally got a 360 last night. I traded in a bunch of old games, and managed to get the Premium system, a vertical stand with the cooler built in by Pelican, an xbox live gold 3 month membership, Madden 07. oblivion and fable for 390 bucks out the door. I'm very pleased.

my biggest disappontment was that I attempted to save money by not buying the wireless adapter. I thought i could simply move my cable modem downstairs and jack directly in, but for some reason, my digital cable didn't like that (I think splitting the signal made it too weak. Oh well. for the moment, i'm not on live, but I will be with my next pay cycle.

I played a little Madden, and well, it's the same thing it's always been... however, I have a new Mistress, and her name is Oblivion
Congrats on the purchase. You are going to be very happy with it. And forget about a social life now that you have Oblivion. Best game on the 360 hands down.
Old 09-30-06, 05:02 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by edstein
And forget about a social life now that you have Oblivion.
I am living proof of that. When I first got Oblivion, I played it a good 10-12 hours a day every single day for over 2 weeks straight. On my days off work, I played it even more than that. I am actually kind of surprised I didn't kill my 360 by playing it so much (with all these reports of dying 360s and all), but it is still going strong.
Old 09-30-06, 06:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by tpc
[martin and miyu]You should pick up COD2. Its the game dominated by The Official DVDTalk Xbox Live Gaming Schedule.[/martin and miyu]
COD2 is going to be $34.99 starting tomorrow at BestBuy according to speedy's ad post in the bargains forum. If they have the game of the year edition, I'm sure it'll be that price too.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.