Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Nintendo DS price and dated

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Nintendo DS price and dated

Old 11-08-04, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Like an SD card. Looks a little bit bigger though.
Old 11-08-04, 10:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

That IGN review really has me wanting my DS now. Nice to know the thumb stick does work well as an analog controller. I may end up playing Mario 64 that way after all.

Now to sell my NES style GBA or not? I'm just wondering if I will use it after getting a DS.

Last edited by darkside; 11-08-04 at 11:47 PM.
Old 11-08-04, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by darkside
That IGN review really has me wanted my DS now. Nice to know the thumb stick does work well as an analog controller. I may end up playing Mario 64 that way after all.

Now to sell my NES style GBA or not? I'm just wondering if I will use it after getting a DS.
I sold mine yesterday for $50 to a friend. But I also have a gameboy pocket for my original GB games. I'm still not sure if I'll get the DS or not, time will tell.
Old 11-09-04, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

DS will include a built in alarm clock. Though it's such a simple feature, and I already have an alarm clock and alarm on my cell phone, I think it's pretty cool. Too bad the alert only lasts for one minute.

http://ds.ign.com/articles/564/564819p1.html
Old 11-09-04, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by eatntae
DS will include a built in alarm clock. Though it's such a simple feature, and I already have an alarm clock and alarm on my cell phone, I think it's pretty cool. Too bad the alert only lasts for one minute.

http://ds.ign.com/articles/564/564819p1.html
I really wish Nintendo or a third party would do a really nice PDA type cart to go with this. With the touch screen it would be nice to have a date book with alarms, phone book, etc. My dream would be full Palm OS capatibilty, but that is too much to ask for I know.
Old 11-09-04, 10:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 917 Likes on 640 Posts
I really wish Nintendo or a third party would do a really nice PDA type cart to go with this. With the touch screen it would be nice to have a date book with alarms, phone book, etc. My dream would be full Palm OS capatibilty, but that is too much to ask for I know.
Not necessarily. I'm sure it could do just about everything a palm could. Except other things such as camera what not. I really like the way companies were experimenting with the GBA and SP ie TV tuner, camera, video surveillance system. I hope that more companies will come out with more unique and hopefully practical applications for it.
Old 11-09-04, 10:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

That IGN review really has me wanting my DS now. Nice to know the thumb stick does work well as an analog controller. I may end up playing Mario 64 that way after all.

I would.....I'll give you $40 for it

In all actuality I wouldn't. One reason it doesn't play GB games (you would think they could emulate it easily enough) another more important reason is that it will not play GBA multiplayer games. No links no multiplayer so that means I will keep my SP.
Old 11-09-04, 10:49 PM

sorry if this has already been answered, but wheres a good place to get games for the DS? The only place i have seen is Ebgames.com ............in fact alot of companies seem to be keeping info on the DS a secret, you'd have no idea it was being released in less than 2 weeks!!!
Old 11-09-04, 11:50 PM

Originally posted by fumanstan
I remember my Game Gear was in the 200 dollar range. The price is no big deal depending on the value of the product. In this case, i think its overpriced.
Wow, another Game Gear owner! I still have mine, but I've only got three games for it now (lost the others). But yeah, it was close to the $200 range when I bought it. And if I remember correctly, back then it was the sh!t!
Old 11-10-04, 08:23 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

With the built-in clock and calendar and of course the touch screen, I think it's a foregone conclusion that we will see at least one (probably more) PDA carts.
Old 11-10-04, 08:36 AM

Originally posted by David Blair
Wow, another Game Gear owner! I still have mine, but I've only got three games for it now (lost the others). But yeah, it was close to the $200 range when I bought it. And if I remember correctly, back then it was the sh!t!
I've still got all of my games (I think I ended up with around 12) in their cases and have the boxes somewhere too. Have the case that came with the sports set, the huge-ass maginifyer that didn't magnify all that much, and the Power Back. There were some good games for the system (Shining Force: Sword of Hayja comes to mind), but even in pea-green, I still have fonder memories of my Game Boy.
Old 11-10-04, 09:51 AM

God bless Animal Crossing. I showed my wife the short clip of video from the upcoming DS version of the game and now she wants a DS. I think it's the first video game merchandise she's ever actually pined for (though she did become a fan of several games after I purchased them).

In case you haven't seen the video, it's here.
Old 11-10-04, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,886 Likes on 1,456 Posts
Hmm... never thought about this, but if the DS doesn't have the multiplayer port the GBA has, can it be used with the Gamecube for games like Zelda four swords at all?
Old 11-10-04, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by fujishig
Hmm... never thought about this, but if the DS doesn't have the multiplayer port the GBA has, can it be used with the Gamecube for games like Zelda four swords at all?
Nope. Another reason to keep an SP around.
Old 11-10-04, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as "orangecrush18" - still legal though
I bet that Nintendo will develop a wireless reciever to plug into the gamecube for this.
Old 11-10-04, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by orangecrush18
I bet that Nintendo will develop a wireless reciever to plug into the gamecube for this.
Doubtful.. probably on their next machine though.
Old 11-10-04, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by fujishig
I've already mentioned it at least three times in this thread!

Old 11-10-04, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,886 Likes on 1,456 Posts
Sorry tanman... at one point, I read every message in this thread, but I didn't remember... I know you mentioned the loss of multiplayer, though. I just thought that because they were pushing the GBA to Gamecube capability, they would've incorporated this into their new system...

Anyway, this thread converted me from being barely interested in the DS to having already preordered it and reading this thread every day for developments!
Old 11-10-04, 01:34 PM

Originally posted by PixyJunket
Doubtful.. probably on their next machine though.
Why doubtful? I see no reason why they wouldn't.
Old 11-10-04, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just got this in the mail, looks like they may bump the release up.

Dear Customer,

You have signed up to receive release date changes for:

Nintendo DS

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?...020225&affid=1

Old Release Date - 11/22/2004
New Release Date - 11/15/2004

Thank you for visiting GameStop.com!
Old 11-10-04, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

No way! A whole week in advance?! Does anyone know what the titles will be available on release day?
Old 11-10-04, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The release date for mario 64x4 is the 15th. It was the only game I was interested in so I cant remember which other ones came out on that day. Hopefully this is true, but I don't see why Nintendo would release it early.
Old 11-10-04, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Strange..
Old 11-10-04, 03:28 PM

I seem to recall the SP streeting at least two or three days ahead of schedule. But a week seems very odd. Still, any opportunity to get a jumpstart on the competition is a good one, I guess.
Old 11-10-04, 06:03 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Seeing how IGN got a unit in full manufactored wrapping, it only makes sense. I was wondering why it would take so long if IGN already had one.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.