Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Walking Dead (AMC) -- The Final Season Trilogy -- Premieres 8/22/21 & 2022

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-22, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,697 Likes on 2,657 Posts
Re: The Walking Dead (AMC) -- The Final Season Trilogy -- Premieres 8/22/21 & 2022

I’m sorry all. I didn’t realize this would turn into a an absolute train wreck pissing match about spoilers because of the AMC plus situation. I didn’t intend to create a hostile thread.
Old 03-01-22, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 71 Likes on 51 Posts
Re: The Walking Dead (AMC) -- The Final Season Trilogy -- Premieres 8/22/21 & 2022

Just don't read any spoiler tags if you don't want anything spoiled. There's a tag from back in September that ruins the twist at the end of the upcoming AMC episode. If you are ok with that, then I don't understand what's actually being spoiled.
The following users liked this post:
New Lurker (03-01-22)
Old 03-01-22, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 71 Likes on 51 Posts

I want to add that I do think it's reasonable to ask people to indicate what the content of their spoiler contains. If they refuse or don't do it, then just skip it. It's crazy to think there's more discussion about how to discuss this show then the actual show itself.
Old 03-01-22, 05:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 121 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by andicus
The 'latest' episode normally refers to what has been broadcast. But due to this AMC+ business, that differs between viewers.

It's not asking too much for people to indicate what sort of spoiler they're posting. It could be because it's the not yet broadcast episode, or it could be future storyline spoilers, or other information unrelated to the current broadcast or AMC+ episode.

E.g.:
Spoiler regarding the latest AMC+ episode:
Spoiler:
I haven't seen it because I don't have AMC+.

I agree with this...
Spoiler:
because I don't have AMC+ either.

Old 03-01-22, 06:33 PM

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

Yes, because a spoiler box and the date tells me whether you're discussing future plot points that may be from the comics, or a casting change, or anything else related to the post, or possibly just that you've already seen the next episode on AMC+.

My own convenience is simply wanting to be able to participate in a thread without having the show spoiled because some people get it early. How self-centered of me. No biting of tongues, just a simple spoiler tag and a comment.
Sorry, but I don't understand your reply. If you don't want to be spoiled, don't click on spoiler boxes. If you're worried about spoilers, why would you click on them at all? I'm also sorry if my last response come off a little harsh. I'm not trying to get in a pissing contest. I just genuinely don't understand clicking a spoiler box if you don't want to get spoiled. Label or not, there's a reason someone hides their comment.

And to reiterate I am on board with using spoiler tags for episodes that haven't aired yet on TV (and labeling the episode it's about). It's not quite the same, but shows like Yellowjackets on Showtime release early on the Showtime app. That thread went perfectly fine with everyone who watched the episode before 10PM on Sundays spoilering their thoughts. To be fair one day vs one week isn't totally apples to apples. But this is the only thread I've ever seen issues trying to muffle people that are watching content released from the creators legally.

Regardless what's decided by the higher ups, I will let that be my last post on the spoiling stuff and we can all get back to not talking about this show at all because it's way past it's sell by date.
Old 03-01-22, 06:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 292 Likes on 217 Posts

Whoa... I didn't realize you might have to click a button 3 times. Nevermind. I wouldn't wish that hardship on anyone, even if it did make the forum better for some people.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised, though. The world, lately, has shown us all too many times, that asking people to do the smallest of things, for the consideration of others, is asking too much.

And the movies point is just ridiculous. Not remotely the same thing.
Why not do the most logical thing... If you want to reduce the chances in getting an episode that you haven't seen get ruined for you, simply don't click on a thread where you know people will likely be discussing the lates episode(s). Then your problem is completely solved.
Old 03-01-22, 07:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,038 Likes on 734 Posts

Originally Posted by New Lurker
Sorry, but I don't understand your reply. If you don't want to be spoiled, don't click on spoiler boxes. If you're worried about spoilers, why would you click on them at all? I'm also sorry if my last response come off a little harsh. I'm not trying to get in a pissing contest. I just genuinely don't understand clicking a spoiler box if you don't want to get spoiled. Label or not, there's a reason someone hides their comment.
Because we can then look at what was previously a spoiler, but no longer is. If you say your spoiler is about episode 2, and a week later I get to watch episode 2, I can now look at your spoiler as it may have an interesting comment or observation on the episode.
And to reiterate I am on board with using spoiler tags for episodes that haven't aired yet on TV (and labeling the episode it's about). It's not quite the same, but shows like Yellowjackets on Showtime release early on the Showtime app. That thread went perfectly fine with everyone who watched the episode before 10PM on Sundays spoilering their thoughts. To be fair one day vs one week isn't totally apples to apples. But this is the only thread I've ever seen issues trying to muffle people that are watching content released from the creators legally.

Regardless what's decided by the higher ups, I will let that be my last post on the spoiling stuff and we can all get back to not talking about this show at all because it's way past it's sell by date.
This is all I'm asking. Again, I'm not trying to silence anyone. I would just like to be able to participate in the thread without having future episodes spoiled. Doing what you've stated would make that possible for those of us without the availability of pre-air (not cable broadcast) episodes.

Originally Posted by movieguru
Why not do the most logical thing... If you want to reduce the chances in getting an episode that you haven't seen get ruined for you, simply don't click on a thread where you know people will likely be discussing the lates episode(s). Then your problem is completely solved.
Again, that means I, and others, can't participate in this thread, which we may want to do. On the other hand, doing what is mentioned, above, means we can all participate, just with a small additional effort.
Old 03-01-22, 09:01 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Neil M.
My wife is a big fan of the show and she hated it. At one point she turned to me and said, "what the fuck are we watching?". Honestly for a show that is ending, I feel like its ending on a whimper.
It was terrible, which sucks because the first episode was pretty great.

they wanted a “noir” look and brought back Abraham (forgot his real name) to direct so the focus was really on Eugene. This episode felt “cheap” in production value.
Old 03-01-22, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Because we can then look at what was previously a spoiler, but no longer is. If you say your spoiler is about episode 2, and a week later I get to watch episode 2, I can now look at your spoiler as it may have an interesting comment or observation on the episode.

This is all I'm asking. Again, I'm not trying to silence anyone. I would just like to be able to participate in the thread without having future episodes spoiled. Doing what you've stated would make that possible for those of us without the availability of pre-air (not cable broadcast) episodes.

Again, that means I, and others, can't participate in this thread, which we may want to do. On the other hand, doing what is mentioned, above, means we can all participate, just with a small additional effort.
You want to participate in a thread, but you want people to hold back or hide comments for a week. I don't think that will really work, and you aren't going to be able to avoid all spoilers if you keep coming into this thread. The only real way to avoid or fix this, is to have separate threads for each episode, that way nothing gets spoiled, people can start talking about a specific episode whenever they want, and we don't have to have athread where 75% of the comments are behind spoiler warnings.
Old 03-02-22, 12:26 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,788 Likes on 1,919 Posts

I'm always surprised how often this comes up, not just here, but a lot of other places online.

Someone always seems to get mad when spoilers are posted in hidden spoiler tags or posted in a thread clearly labeled spoilers.

I mean, it's kind of what they're there for.

If you come into a Walking Dead thread knowing that the episodes release a week early on AMC+ and see posts hidden under a spoiler tag, it's a pretty safe assumption that the poster is discussing an upcoming episode on AMC+ and not the one that aired on AMC proper last night.

If this confusing to people, or a problem, maybe would should do separate threads for each episode -- with the titles, episode numbers, and airdates in the title -- instead of a single season thread.
The following users liked this post:
movieguru (03-02-22)
Old 03-02-22, 07:42 AM

Received 4,641 Likes on 3,142 Posts

Please end the back and forth bickering.

A simple request was made to be considerate of people who don't watch the early AMC+. It doesn't seem like that request was met with push back, but yet there is still vitriol getting thrown around. If you're giving your non-spoiler thoughts on an episode, I don't see the issue. It seems like posts like this have pre-faced the episode they are referring to. If you are delving into spoilers, use tags, and again, preface with the episode you are referring to.

This show has lost a huge amount of following and interest. Regarding calls for episode threads, I always see complaints, but rarely ever anyone volunteering to actually do them weekly (and keep up with it). That is something those who still watch this show can work out yourselves, if you so choose.

I don't read this thread, so if this continues, please use the RP feature. Thank you.

Last edited by dex14; 03-02-22 at 07:48 AM.
Old 03-02-22, 07:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by dex14
Please end the back and forth bickering.

A simple request was made to be considerate of people who don't watch the early AMC+. It doesn't seem like that request was met with push back, but yet there is still vitriol getting thrown around. If you're giving your non-spoiler thoughts on an episode, I don't see the issue. It seems like posts like this have pre-faced the episode they are referring to. If you are delving into spoilers, use tags, and again, preface with the episode you are referring to.

This show has lost a huge amount of following and interest. Regarding calls for episode threads, I always see complaints, but rarely ever anyone volunteering to actually do them weekly (and keep up with it). That is something those who still watch this show can work out yourselves, if you so choose.

I don't read this thread, so if this continues, please use the RPT feature. Thank you.
What is the "RPT" feature?
Old 03-02-22, 07:48 AM

Received 4,641 Likes on 3,142 Posts

Originally Posted by movieguru
What is the "RPT" feature?
Report Post. Sorry added "T".
Old 03-13-22, 06:11 PM

Comments on the newest AMC+ episode (Season 11 | Episode 13) (aka 5th episode of Part 2 | air dated March 20th)
Spoiler:
The second Petty from Ozark showed up I knew there was a turn coming. That actor is incapable of playing anything but a villain. I liked this episode but how many times can we do the same 'community is actually bad and out to kill you' arc??? I haven't read the comics so I don't know where The Commonwealth stuff goes. But hoping this Toby character & Lance the middle manager guy are working without the knowledge of the leader. I doubt that's the case tho.

Old 03-14-22, 12:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 860 Likes on 602 Posts

I noticed that Gabriel's gotten really thin this part of the season.
It works well in the context of the group being low on food - at least until they got to the Commonwealth.

We've seen that in previous seasons where they have food shortages for a long period of time and yet the actors don't look any thinner. In fact, I still remember seasons back when they were supposedly starving and yet Tyreese gained a shit-ton of weight.
Old 04-01-22, 12:30 AM
DVD Talk God

Production on the final season has wrapped

Old 04-03-22, 04:35 PM

Comments on the newest AMC+ episode (Season 11 | Episode 16) (mid season finale of Part 2 | air dated April 10th)
Spoiler:
Just ready for this to end. I didn't find anything intriguing about this episode.

So Hornsbee is just Two Face now?

A random shot of a snake for no reason?

Annoying ass cicadas buzzing about?

Neegan babysitting Herschel?

Whatevs. Limping it's way to the finishing stretch.

Old 04-04-22, 12:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 174 Likes on 138 Posts

Comments on the newest AMC+ episode (Season 11 | Episode 16) (mid season finale of Part 2 | air dated April 10th)
Spoiler:
Just ready for this to end. I didn't find anything intriguing about this episode.

So Hornsbee is just Two Face now?

A random shot of a snake for no reason?

Annoying ass cicadas buzzing about?

Neegan babysitting Herschel?

Whatevs. Limping it's way to the finishing stretch.

Spoiler:
Fans finally got that big Leah/Maggie showdown that literally no one was waiting for.

Old 04-04-22, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by Bill Needle
Spoiler:
Fans finally got that big Leah/Maggie showdown that literally no one was waiting for.

Spoiler:
Even worse, the only thing that could have been interesting... Daryl having to kill the one person he's been in love with in the whole 10 year stretch of the show... was completely ignored. They'll probably get to that in the back eight. But he should have been wayyyyy more conflicted and broken up about it in the moment. Instead he shows zero emotion so they can get a weird slow mo reunion shot.

Style over substance has been this show's deal for way too long now.

Old 04-27-22, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk God

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/wal...aa5dee56334940

Melissa McBride is out for the proposed spinoff with Reedus.

https://tvline.com/2022/04/27/meliss...ryl-and-carol/

But, it sounds like it's just going to be a Daryl centric show now.

https://deadline.com/2022/04/walking...aa5dee56334940

McBride apparently dropped out because it’s going to be filmed in Europe.

Last edited by DJariya; 04-27-22 at 01:48 PM.
Old 04-27-22, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 860 Likes on 602 Posts

I'd still rather have a zombie show from the perspective of the zombies.

With BCS and TWD ending (along with the huge decline of ratings for TWD throughout the years) - AMC is dying to get back to relevancy.
Hard to believe at one point AMC had Breaking Bad, Mad Men and TWD (at the height of its popularity).
Old 04-27-22, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 199 Likes on 172 Posts

AMC can thank their irrelevancy to the tools that bought into Kirkman or whoever was in charge of TWD back then that they would be able to milk this franchise for the next 20+ years.
Old 04-27-22, 07:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,308 Likes on 952 Posts

Look at the flowers, Carol...
Old 04-27-22, 07:21 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 402 Likes on 251 Posts

it is truly amazing how AMC managed to fuck up this cash cow.
Old 04-27-22, 08:12 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by TGM
it is truly amazing how AMC managed to fuck up this cash cow.
Sounds like she doesn’t want to go to Europe to films this, so it’s not really AMCs fault

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.