Reload this Page >

The One and Only BAYWATCH Discussion Thread

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The One and Only BAYWATCH Discussion Thread

Old 01-23-19, 09:16 AM
Banned

Received 377 Likes on 296 Posts
re: The One and Only BAYWATCH Discussion Thread

So much good TV out there and you guys rewatch this shit.

I just rewatch my favorite Yasmine Bleeth scenes in 5min increments.
Old 01-23-19, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 470 Likes on 341 Posts

Originally Posted by Eric F

I just rewatch my favorite Yasmine Bleeth scenes in 5min increments.
Because it's awesome and a throwback to a more simpler time in America. I'm a fan of the Nicole Eggert years.
Old 01-23-19, 01:25 PM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

It's just nice to have a guilty pleasure show where you don't need to concentrate, you can do some other things at the same time and just enjoy watching
Old 01-23-19, 02:00 PM
Banned

Received 377 Likes on 296 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial
Because it's awesome and a throwback to a more simpler time in America. I'm a fan of the Nicole Eggert years.
Simpler in the 90's? I'll have whatever you're having.

I try not to think too deeply about how Nicole claims she was treated on the show. It's a shame what happened to her.
Old 01-23-19, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

I was a fan of Mitzi Kapture since I liked her on Silk Stalkings, but Baywatch Hawaii fizzled out super fast.
Old 01-23-19, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,899 Likes on 2,785 Posts

Originally Posted by randian
I was a fan of Mitzi Kapture since I liked her on Silk Stalkings, but Baywatch Hawaii fizzled out super fast.
Mitzi appeared on the final Los Angeles season before the show moved to Hawaii. Baywatch Hawaii was for all intents and purposes a complete reboot. Hasselhoff only appeared occasionally in season 10 and 11.
Old 01-23-19, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Simpler in the 90's? I'll have whatever you're having.

I try not to think too deeply about how Nicole claims she was treated on the show. It's a shame what happened to her.
I was 9 to 18 years old from 1990 to 1999. I'm speaking as my life was easier at the time.
Old 01-24-19, 06:53 PM
DVD Talk God

I'm through episode 4 and man episode 4 was super cheesy. It was about Eddie's old friend from Philly coming into town and making trouble. And they cast some awful actor with a mullet to play his friend.

I do think the actress they cast to play Craig's wife in the series is more attractive than the one from the Pilot movie.

and I forgot about all the cheesy montages with music this show uses.
Old 01-24-19, 07:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

Wow, I can't believe how amazing this looks in HD.
Old 01-24-19, 08:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 626 Likes on 452 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
I'm through episode 4 and man episode 4 was super cheesy. It was about Eddie's old friend from Philly coming into town and making trouble. And they cast some awful actor with a mullet to play his friend.

I do think the actress they cast to play Craig's wife in the series is more attractive than the one from the Pilot movie.

and I forgot about all the cheesy montages with music this show uses.
Sooo much running.

They made her really dumb though. Especially this ep. she let that guy in the house even though he was clearly very creepy. She also said he was welcome anytime and that she liked him or something to that affect.
Old 01-25-19, 01:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

And Jeff Altman with the guest appearance
Old 01-25-19, 01:53 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by whotony

Sooo much running.

They made her really dumb though. Especially this ep. she let that guy in the house even though he was clearly very creepy. She also said he was welcome anytime and that she liked him or something to that affect.
Yeah that was really dumb. Pretty girl alone at home and let's stranger in the house. That was so asking for trouble. And it's a creepy looking dude with a Mullet. People were dumb in the 80's.
Old 01-25-19, 02:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 89 Likes on 68 Posts

Exactly. It's too much and most of it is only good. I'd rewatch Baywatch if it was available here.
Old 01-29-19, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

A nice video with a recap of the changes.
Old 01-29-19, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk God

Man, I forgot how hilariously awful the montages are on this. I'm on episode 5 with Hobie and his friends doing their little adventure.

and at that opening montage with Newmie and the others just walking on the beach.

It's also weird seeing a pretty young Wendie Malick in this. She was like 38 or 39 in this 1st season.

Does anyone recall the season where Mitch falls in love with some terminally ill woman? I remember it had one of the cheesiest death scenes with The Hoff crying.

I do notice that these new music edits do blow over some of the natural sound when it was originally edited.
Old 01-29-19, 07:00 PM

I love the montages, there are usually some good pervey shots of the extras in bikinis

I'm up to the episode where Cort appears (ep 14 i think). I didn't realise that the actor who played Cort was Walt Cummings on 24 ! Anyway back then, he was a good looking man, even i can appreciate that

Thought so far.

The Hoff has been great.

Erika Eleniak was really really cute, not just hot, but cute

Shawn Weatherly was obviously an attractive lady (she was Miss Universe in 1980), but she just wasn't sexy in the least, and not a good enough actress or character to be an attractive non sexy member of the cast.

In season 1 they are obvously not played up to the casts's sexuality as much as they do in future seasons.

I've just loving watching that clear beach in HD, really does feel like your there
Old 01-30-19, 07:16 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Does anyone recall the season where Mitch falls in love with some terminally ill woman? I remember it had one of the cheesiest death scenes with The Hoff crying
Yes. That was the Hoff's real life wife at the time(or she became his real life wife). Have not got to it yet but I keep waiting for the episode where Shawn Weatherly is eaten by the shark.
Old 01-30-19, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by robin2099
Yes. That was the Hoff's real life wife at the time(or she became his real life wife). Have not got to it yet but I keep waiting for the episode where Shawn Weatherly is eaten by the shark.
Actually I did a little more research. The actress was not The Hoff's wife. It was just an unknown New Zealand actress named Rebecca Carlton.

The episode was called "Seize the Day" and aired in season 5.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0394316/

It was part of a multi-episode arc.
Old 01-30-19, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk God

Since Baywatch isn't really serialized, I decided to skip ahead and watch a few of the 1st syndicated season.

It was interesting seeing that they brought back Richard Jaeckel who played Al in the Pilot episode. However, he's playing a totally different character since Al drowned. And I aware that Billy Warlock and Erika Eleniak were a real life couple when they were on the show together. You could definitely see they had chemistry and sparks.

and I didn't realize Vanessa Angel had a recurring role.

Funny how these early seasons were really scaled back. Later seasons the cast ballooned and I assume the budget ballooned as well.
Old 01-30-19, 06:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Bryan Cranston appears and is Breaking Boat.
Old 01-31-19, 09:47 AM

It's not affecting viewing enjoyment at all, but you can tell the 300 plus songs they used to replace the original songs were searched amongst the cheapest possible songs you can buy and they searched by lyrics to match them up. The end result are songs which sound like they are played by a Friday night pub band with lyrics eerily describing what is going on in the scene

Still the montages are so short and i;m so focused on the visuals that it's not a big deal to me

But don't expect any recognisable songs in the slightest. Compare this to a scene in the original pilot broadcast which had 'Slave to love' by Roxy music.
Old 01-31-19, 06:04 PM
DVD Talk God

For anyone even remotely interested, I found 2 YouTube playlists that have the 1st and 2nd seasons of Baywatch Nights.

Season 1:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...E80C4503702646

Season 2:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...8F46D870B5DB7D

Season 2 is missing 1 episode. It's basically 4:3 SD TV quality from the 1990's. I watched the Pilot and it's goofy as hell. And how the hell did Mitch work as a PI and also be a full-time lifeguard? And how the hell did The Hoff do 2 22-episode shows simultaneously?
Old 02-01-19, 11:09 PM
Premium Member

Received 753 Likes on 497 Posts
Re: The One and Only BAYWATCH Discussion Thread

Just finished Season 2. Was a struggle in the middle, but got better. I forgot they did a Gilligan's Island episode. That was a good diversion from the normal episodes.
Old 02-02-19, 07:08 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
For anyone even remotely interested, I found 2 YouTube playlists that have the 1st and 2nd seasons of Baywatch Nights.

Season 1:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...E80C4503702646

Season 2:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...8F46D870B5DB7D

Season 2 is missing 1 episode. It's basically 4:3 SD TV quality from the 1990's. I watched the Pilot and it's goofy as hell. And how the hell did Mitch work as a PI and also be a full-time lifeguard? And how the hell did The Hoff do 2 22-episode shows simultaneously?
Your talking about a guy who for years would work on Baywatch Monday-Friday, get on a plane and fly to Germany to play some concerts, would hop back on a plane, read his lines and report to set on Baywatch on Monday morning. Plus since Baywatch was more an ensemble series that was shot in the same area, he probably was filming both simultaneously and on his off days from one, would shoot his remaining scenes from the other. Dudes a machine.
Old 02-19-19, 09:27 AM

I'm near the end of Season 3. Season 3 added a lot of cast, Pamela, Nicole Eggert, Alexandra Paul and David Charvet as well as Kelly Slater.

Very few episodes have the whole cast, usually the Hoff and 2 of them. Compare this to seasons 1 and 2 where Billy Warlock and Erika Eleniak were in just about every episode

Some of the storylines are quite silly. Not as grounded as Season 1

But the visuals are still great. I spend more time watching people in the background. It's quite funny you can see the same girl walk past in the background 3 to 4 times during the episode

Always fun seeing actors very young. E.g. Lauren Harring playing a princess. I know her as Rebecca Doyle from the Shield. She looked so young

the episode 'The Trophy' part 1 in season 2 gets my vote as the best eye candy episode so far. Kelly Packard and her friends playing beach volleyball was just amazing in HD

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.