Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Law & Order -- Series Discussion Thread

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Pick your favorite Lennie Briscoe one-liner from the nominations below
15.79%
13.16%
13.16%
2.63%
5.26%
2.63%
21.05%
21.05%
2.63%
2.63%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Law & Order -- Series Discussion Thread

Old 09-27-01, 06:57 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
Originally posted by TheEdge21

I don't remember exactly, but it was the last eps from last year. I think she got promoted (or transfered) to organized crime division?
huh, i remember her just leaving. they may have promoted her to another division. i don't really remember that.

elisabeth rohm's character wasn't even introduced by name. she just kind of showed up in the show. sort of annoying.
Old 09-27-01, 08:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There's a certain... je ne sais quois about her...

What? This thread's about Law and Order? OK

The season gets off on an above-average start. Not a really memorable episode, but then after 11 season openers, I suppose it's hard not to lose some steam. The cast interaction is great, as usual; the burden is on the writers to... well, WRITE. Just because it's ripped from the headlines doesn't mean there's no work for you to do

I like Elisabeth Rohm already, but I guess I'm biased. She's definitely better than Carey Lowell and Angie Harmon, but between Jill Hennessy and her, it's too close to call.
Old 09-27-01, 09:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally posted by JCJF10
I'm one the Law & Order fans that loved it the first few seasons but lost interest when the characters started dropping like flies.
Anyone remember when the show was gritty? When the cops solved murders in crappy neighborhoods? When they didn't all look like models and wore clothes that real cops might wear? (Well we still have Lenny)

Thank you A&E!
Old 09-28-01, 12:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Between eps on A&E, TNT and NBC running the normal L&O, SVU and now CI that's a lot of Law & Order on one week
Old 09-28-01, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 612 Likes on 492 Posts
Originally posted by huzefa
I missed the show last night. Can somebody fill me in on what happened? I don't really care about the plot, but I do want to know how they got rid of Angie harmon's character, and how they brought in Elisabeth Rohm's character. Thx.

Angie's character moved to the US Attorney's office (special task force) in NY, so you might see her guest star sometime in the future.

They did not set up any introduction to Rohm's character.
Old 10-04-01, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Law and Order's new A.D.A.(Serena Southerland))

I dont like her. She's bland. She's boring. She has zero presence. She looks/act more like a legal secretary than an Asst. DA.

As far as I'm concerned, only Jill Hennesey(Claire) and Angie Harmon(Abbie) were good in their roles as McCoy's right hand.

Claire was McCoys ally who saw the world in pretty much the same way he did and backed him up whenever he needed it. I guess it's to be expected since they were sleeping together.

Abbie was so tough that she made McCoy look like a bleeding heart liberal. You could see the disgust in her face when he talked about making deals or asking for a reduced sentence for a criminal.

D
Old 10-04-01, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Different strokes...

That's funny, because I remarked to my wife last night how I like the new girl the best of all. Mainly because she's not the "sex symbol" type which the last few have been. She's rather plain looking, yet strangely attractive. She seems more like a lawyer to me. I agree that she has yet to really stand out, but I hope her voice develops as the season does.
Old 10-04-01, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Yeah this new girl is not so hot. If the woman in that role is not going to be hot, she has to be a REALLY good actress, and this girl didn't show me much yesterday. Only time will tell.

vs.

Old 10-04-01, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk God

I don't like her at all. I am willing to give it time, but at present, she has zero charisma and she isn't that good to look at. It looks like she has oil or butter smeared on her face all of the time.

My favorite ADA is still Jamie Ross (Carey Lowell). She always seemed to be the most intelligent ADA character and was the correct age - most believeable to have an ADA in their early-mid 30s instead of the mid-late 20s that Jill Hennessey and Angie Harmon were. Don't get me wrong - I enjoyed those characters as well. They all played off well against McCoy's character in different ways.
Old 10-04-01, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by Red Dog
I don't like her at all. I am willing to give it time, but at present, she has zero charisma and she isn't that good to look at. It looks like she has oil or butter smeared on her face all of the time.
Old 10-04-01, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk God

They should have just had the DA on SVU slide over to the original. They hardly use her on SVU.
Old 10-04-01, 04:12 PM

So far I'm convinced that the new ADA (Serena Southerland) isn't as good of an actress as the other. She seems very dry.

I still wish that Carey Lowell stayed on longer. But Angie Harmon (Seahorn hehe) was a great replacement.

Correct me if Im wrong, in the story, was Jack seeing Claire?

Last edited by TheEdge21; 10-04-01 at 04:21 PM.
Old 10-04-01, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by TheEdge21

Correct me if Im wrong, in the story, what Jack seeing Claire?

It is never directly discussed, but it was apparent in certain episodes (especially Claire's last), that they were romantically involved.
Old 10-04-01, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I was thinking about this today what is the deal with the connection between the Law & Order shows and OZ first one that pops in to mind is Schilinger, and Keller but there are more.
Old 10-04-01, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by Spicollidriver1
I was thinking about this today what is the deal with the connection between the Law & Order shows and OZ first one that pops in to mind is Schilinger, and Keller but there are more.

Part of that is because there are so many characters on Oz. There are bound to be a lot of commonalities solely because of that (and because there are mulitple Law & Orders). I started watching Oz last year. Great show, but I had a hell of a time remember the character's names. In fact, Schillinger and Adebisi are the only 2 that I can remember right this moment.
Old 10-04-01, 04:32 PM

I think I saw the priest from OZ in the recent eps of SVU. I think his name is DB Wong
Old 10-04-01, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Well, hell-- If you guys don't want her on L&O, I wish she'd just come back to Angel, where she was a terrific regular character-- combination nemisis and romantic interest...
Old 10-04-01, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by adamblast
Well, hell-- If you guys don't want her on L&O, I wish she'd just come back to Angel, where she was a terrific regular character-- combination nemisis and romantic interest...

Okay - we'll trade her for Charisma Carpenter.
Old 10-04-01, 04:49 PM

Originally posted by adamblast
Okay.. we'll give you her and you give us charisma carpenter from Angel
Old 10-04-01, 04:50 PM

Originally posted by Red Dog

Okay - we'll trade her for Charisma Carpenter.
I like the way you think man
Old 11-09-01, 04:27 PM

Law & Order 11/7

Still one of my favorite Shows by far. I was so irritated when it didn't play a couple of weeks ago to boost the CI series. I can't get into that one or SVU. I stick with the original.

It was difficult getting into the new blonde but she had a big role last week that developed her into a real toughie.

They've been doing a lot lately with grand jury involvement so that's pretty interesting.

You can't beat Jerry Orbach though--he's the MAN I almost wish he and Detective Munch would be on the show together. After Homicide it seemed likely. I thought they were a great pairing--two VERY cynical guys on the streets of NY when they did the 'crossover' episode.
Old 11-09-01, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Re: Law & Order 11/7

munch is on svu
he's cool, but lenny is still #1

Originally posted by mots2
Still one of my favorite Shows by far. I was so irritated when it didn't play a couple of weeks ago to boost the CI series. I can't get into that one or SVU. I stick with the original.

It was difficult getting into the new blonde but she had a big role last week that developed her into a real toughie.

They've been doing a lot lately with grand jury involvement so that's pretty interesting.

You can't beat Jerry Orbach though--he's the MAN I almost wish he and Detective Munch would be on the show together. After Homicide it seemed likely. I thought they were a great pairing--two VERY cynical guys on the streets of NY when they did the 'crossover' episode.
Old 11-10-01, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I just started watching this show last year and it is definitely a favorite. Briscoe and Green are awesome, and McCoy is a bulldog of a DA. I can't really get into the new Assistant DA though. I liked Angie Harmon in that role. Maybe the new one will just take some getting used to.
Old 11-10-01, 01:12 PM

Originally posted by Anthony Soprano
I just started watching this show last year and it is definitely a favorite. Briscoe and Green are awesome, and McCoy is a bulldog of a DA. I can't really get into the new Assistant DA though. I liked Angie Harmon in that role. Maybe the new one will just take some getting used to.

You should have seen when Jill Henessey was was on at first. She blew these gals away
Old 11-10-01, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by mots2

You should have seen when Jill Henessey was was on at first. She blew these gals away
She is hot! Was she McCoy's Assistant DA or the DA before McCoy?

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.