TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Dawson's Creek Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-03, 05:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Catch-22
Spoiler:
Pacey is ordered by his superiors to sell stock owned by his biggest client just days before a federal ruling, but the consequences are severe when Pacey is accused of insider trading and realizes that the money he invested for Dawson is gone. Back at school, Eddie surprises Joey with a trip to Europe for the summer, but a fiery conversation about how differently they live their lives leaves both of them questioning their future together.
Old 04-23-03, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Well, it's about time that Pacey got a new job anyhow - that plot was stupid and annoying - except it gave us the opportunity to see Sarah Shahi on the tube.

I thought the episode was okay, nothing great, but I guess it sets up:
Spoiler:
the move home for Pacey, Joey and Jen - who will join Dawson in Capeside. Did anyone else catch the preview for the rest of the season when they said "in three weeks one of these four people's life will end..."? So - let's start the death pole: It's going to be Pacey saving somebody's life.

Only three weeks to wrap everything up and they have a lot of work to do because these last two weeks haven't been very impressive. Can't wait for the return of Kevin Williamson w/ the finale.

Last edited by B.A.; 04-24-03 at 09:31 AM.
Old 04-23-03, 09:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 276 Likes on 172 Posts
<--loved tonight's ending

Today was definitely a "let's write-out all Boston ties (school, jobs) and Boston characters so we can get to core Capeside stuff" episode
Old 04-23-03, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by GuessWho
Today was definitely a "let's write-out all Boston ties (school, jobs) and Boston characters so we can get to core Capeside stuff" episode
Which they needed to do very badly - better late than never.
Old 04-24-03, 08:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i hated how they ended pacey's job. it was as if they had no other way for him to get rid of the job and just threw that in. pacey is not so stupid that he'd mangle his boss then and there. especially right after announcing he was broke. dumb as dog poo.

not much of jen
not much of cj
boiler room rip offs left and right (did anyone think that pacey would actually make dawson money?

looks like we'll get no explanation of what happened to emma
eddie and joey break up
jack's break up with short boyfriend
where's grams? (guess you can't have her without jen, though )

did jack used to live with pacey. did they ever explain these two guys leaving emma's? are they still there?
Old 04-24-03, 08:37 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Dawson's Creek nowadays is a total mess.

The "released" plot synopsis wasn't even how the story unfolded.

Bayside? Hehe. Wrong show (Saved By The Bell).

I am guessing Jen dies (though it's a real cheesy plot device to keep the diehards tuning in for the last 3 episodes ever of Dawson's Creek!!!)
Old 04-24-03, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Patman
Bayside? Hehe. Wrong show (Saved By The Bell).
Oops - my bad. Bayside/Capeside - what's the difference, it's all next to a fictional body of water.
Old 04-24-03, 09:34 AM

I wasn't sure if i heard the coming attractions right.
I assumed the death would be grams.
They kil off too many poeple on that show.
I don't think its a good way to close the series.
Old 04-24-03, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

The death is:

Spoiler:
Jenn dies, I'm 99% sure. It is a slow death, where everyone gets to say goodbye and Jen plays a little match making. And Dawson films a video message for her.

More MAjor spoilers
Spoiler:
and it is 5 years in the future and Jenn has a kid, and Jack and his new "boyfriend" which is Pacey's brother Doug are going to take care of the kid.
Dawson writes for a tv show "The Creek".
Joey lives in NYC as a publisher
Pacey is a bartender (may own the bar) in Capeside.
Final episode goes through a lot of triangle mess between D/J/P.
Andie comes back. Dawson's mom is getting re-married.
Old 04-24-03, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The "released" plot synopsis wasn't even how the story unfolded.
I know: my Tivo guide info said the line about "insider trading" and I was waiting all hour for that plot unfold and it didn't. Usually those Dawson's Creek blurbs contain mega-spoilers. Like a few weeks ago when it mentioned Gram's cancer, snd that wasn't even revealed until about 35 minutes into the episode!

The plot synopsis should never contain info that is not in the first 15 minutes of the show.
Old 04-24-03, 10:09 AM

Originally posted by Jadzia
I know: my Tivo guide info said the line about "insider trading" and I was waiting all hour for that plot unfold and it didn't. Usually those Dawson's Creek blurbs contain mega-spoilers. Like a few weeks ago when it mentioned Gram's cancer, snd that wasn't even revealed until about 35 minutes into the episode!

The plot synopsis should never contain info that is not in the first 15 minutes of the show.
yeah I kept waiting for the "insider trading" as well, that's what my guide said as well.
That wasn't insider trading, that was going on PUBLIC information with the hope that it would work out, a "gamble", and it didn't work.
It was Pacey's young stupidity that he put the whole nest egg in one barrell.

I thought the reporter would uncover something further.
You can tell this season of Dawsons is VERY CHOPPY.
You know they had different plans early on.
When he first met the reporter, it was all secretive dealings, and they were setting up Pacey as the "fall guy" with the shady business transactions under the image of rising to the top quickly.
They hinted at the fall and the reporter uncovering some of this.
Then even in this episode the reporter/girlfriend hinted at it, when Pacey was I have to get my friend his money back, she replied well "I may have a solution, will you answer some questions ON THE RECORD". Then the whole story was just bailed.
Old 04-24-03, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Re: Major Spoiler:

Spoiler:
So Pacey was right about his brother all this time?

Hahahahaha!
Old 04-24-03, 10:41 AM

Re: Major Spoiler:

Spoiler:
So Pacey was right about his brother all this time?

Hahahahaha!
yup, which is:

Spoiler:
kind of strange. They should have left it alone I think. It was good ribbing and joking, and I think in season 4, he came to the confession he knew Doug was straight and he was just kidding him the whole time due to the stereotype of listening to classical music and keeping a clean apartment. Now, they just have to throw in after all these years that the stereotype turns out to be true.
Old 04-24-03, 11:20 AM
DVD Talk Hero

You know, after practically OD-ing on Dawson's Creek (watching the early episodes on TBS this month, 4 episodes/day), they probably should have ended the series once everyone got out of high school.

I still think Pacey is the one with the best arc out of the 4 core characters.
Old 04-24-03, 11:52 AM

You know, after practically OD-ing on Dawson's Creek (watching the early episodes on TBS this month, 4 episodes/day), they probably should have ended the series once everyone got out of high school.

I still think Pacey is the one with the best arc out of the 4 core characters.
I agree with Pacey's development. However, I'm wondering if they threw him full circle and back to the bottom with this latest episode. Or if he learns another life lesson and rebounds.
Old 04-24-03, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I actually liked their first year away at college. This year has been all over the place though.

And I am so sick of Joey! She is so indecisive, she always creates drama for herself and is never happy. And I'm wondering if it's written in Katie Holmes contract that all the male characters have to lavish compliments on her in ever episode:

Dawson: Joey Potter, you are so special
Pacey: Joey you are so amazing
Eddie: Joey you are magnificent

Jeez. The funny thing is "teen dream" Oliver Hudson always spouting off on how she's not good enough for him blah, blah, blah. When in reality he would probably be dating supermodels.
Old 04-24-03, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Last season's freshman college year was okay, but the charm of the setting was gone because it was migrated to Boston and to the west coast, and it just had a different feel to it.

Did they really have to set Grams up with a black man named Mr. Smalls?
Old 04-24-03, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Patman I am guessing Jen dies ...
I think Jen's hairdresser should die. Some of those dos she had over the years. She is a pretty woman but those hairdos throw her off.
Old 04-25-03, 07:42 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I was watching the reruns on TBS, and that showed the episode where Joey and Jen go to New York City so Jen could confront her father. I just noticed that Michelle Williams (Jen) would make are good "Katchoo" from a comic book called "Strangers In Paradise" if it was turned into a movie. It's scary how much she looks like the comic book character with her hair longer (near the shoulders).
Old 04-25-03, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 276 Likes on 172 Posts
<---still mad they dropped the storyline where Eve was really Jen's sister -- I wanted Jen to find out
Old 04-25-03, 09:08 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I wouldn't mind seeing Brittany Daniels back to reprise her role as Eve as well.
Old 04-25-03, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I wouldn't mind seeing Brittany Daniels back to reprise her role as Eve as well.
Definitely...

...and while there at it bring back Sasha Alexander.

Last edited by B.A.; 04-25-03 at 11:47 AM.
Old 04-25-03, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Sasha Alexander...mmmm....(nice rack, even though they were store bought).
Old 04-25-03, 02:30 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by briank
The death is:

Spoiler:
Jenn dies, I'm 99% sure. It is a slow death, where everyone gets to say goodbye and Jen plays a little match making. And Dawson films a video message for her.

More MAjor spoilers
Spoiler:
and it is 5 years in the future and Jenn has a kid, and Jack and his new "boyfriend" which is Pacey's brother Doug are going to take care of the kid.
Dawson writes for a tv show "The Creek".
Joey lives in NYC as a publisher
Pacey is a bartender (may own the bar) in Capeside.
Final episode goes through a lot of triangle mess between D/J/P.
Andie comes back. Dawson's mom is getting re-married.
****. I knew they were going to have a Felicity-ish ending. I'm to the point where I don't want to sit through the horrible way they end these shows. I guess I'm still bitter over Jack & Jill.
Old 04-26-03, 11:29 AM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Watched this episode last night. What a downer of an episode for nearly everyone.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.