Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

NCIS (CBS) --- Series Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-07, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I want to see the rest of Abby's tattoos too.
Old 11-21-07, 06:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jason
This is the first time I've watched one of these all the way through. Enjoyable, but has several gaping holes in the plot once you start thinking about it. For example, why didn't the NCIS people know about the satellite phone? They seem to have instant access to every other piece of personal information at their fingertips. A satphone is not exactly a minor thing they wouldn't bother to follow up on. Yet they were clueless to its existence until the kid called it.
They were told from the beginning that he does not bring a phone with him when he goes out, so of course they wouldn't be looking for one. Besides it would take a while to find out if he did have one anyways, seeing as how he was hiding from the police and all.
Old 11-21-07, 07:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 241 Likes on 152 Posts
Originally Posted by sjrab16
They were told from the beginning that he does not bring a phone with him when he goes out, so of course they wouldn't be looking for one.
Nice that they take everything they hear at face value.

And yes, I want to see the rest of those tatoos too.
Old 11-23-07, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Indeed, Storywise, not the greatest of the season but still better than anything from its below average fourth season.

The kid being a lot like Tony was pretty good, but didn’t really have much to do with anything other than a side gag. It would’ve made more sense for the kid to be like Gibbs, still fun stuff however. The kid telling the story about how he tried to bring his portable DVD player with him to his boy scouts camping trip, but his mother wouldn’t let him and he got in a huge fight with her, good stuff.

Tony talking about movies has always been well done and I like how they’ve never done what other shows might do/do, and come up with fake names for movies.
Old 04-07-08, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by nateman
It would’ve made more sense for the kid to be like Gibbs, still fun stuff however.
They just repeated this one, so I feel no shame in resurrecting this thread. They already did the "little kid is just like Gibbs" thing in the episode "Honor Code" in season 3. That was episode that introduced

(Spoilerized just in case you haven't seen the end of season 3).
Spoiler:
Gibbs' dead daughter
Old 04-07-08, 06:35 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by aintnosin
They just repeated this one, so I feel no shame in resurrecting this thread. They already did the "little kid is just like Gibbs" thing in the episode "Honor Code" in season 3. That was episode that introduced

(Spoilerized just in case you haven't seen the end of season 3).
Spoiler:
Gibbs' dead daughter
I forgot about that. When I re-watch the third season DVD it'll re-jog my memory, however.
Old 04-08-08, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

NCIS - "Stakeout" - 04/08/08

Returns: Tuesday, April 8, at 8 pm/ET (CBS)
Where we left off:
Spoiler:
Inspec*tor Leroy Jethro Gibbs (Mark Harmon) realized he had an ongoing conflict with agency director Jenny Shepard (Lauren Holly); icy agent Ziva David (Cote de Pablo) developed a fever for wise-cracking agent DiNozzo (Michael Weatherly); nerdy agent McGee (Sean Murray) tried getting closer to Abby (Pauley Perrette), the goth girl in forensics.

"Stakeout"
Spoiler:
When a high-tech naval radar goes missing, the NCIS team stakes out a warehouse to catch a suspected thief - but witnesses a murder instead. Meanwhile, Ducky keeps a secret from the team.
Old 04-08-08, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
TV Guide is reporting that a major character is leaving the show by season's end.

I think Lauren Holly is the most likely choice. She lives in Chicago and commutes to LA every week to work on the show. Plus, she's got 3 small children. She also has the lowest amount of screen time amongst all the regulars.
Old 04-08-08, 09:10 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I started watching this show in January when it started with Season 1 on USA in January, hoping to get into it from the beginning I really enjoyed it and started watching it. Since then, they dropped the Wednesday episodes from 2 to 1, and they moved it to Tuesday.

They've also had 3 NCIS marathons on Saturdays which I've throroughly enjoyed. Only problem is that they seem to keep going with Season 1 Tuesday nights, but the first marathon was part of Season 4 IIRC, then the second was part of Season 1 and 2 with Ari episodes, and the third one was more of Season 2. There's a slightly smaller one this coming Saturday with what appears to be a chunk of Season 3.

I'm still not sure if I like the S1-S2 Kate episodes better or S3+ with Ziva better, I like both. The only thing that bothers me is how inept they make Kate, a former SS agent. At least with Ziva she's (for the most part) a badass.

I've also been catching reruns on CBS, so while I understand the changes season to season I'm still scattered. Really like the show and characters though. If only the season sets weren't so damn expensive and were on sale every now and then. From my search in the DVD baragains forum, there's been zero good deals on the show.
Old 04-08-08, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by DJariya
TV Guide is reporting that a major character is leaving the show by season's end.

I think Lauren Holly is the most likely choice. She lives in Chicago and commutes to LA every week to work on the show. Plus, she's got 3 small children. She also has the lowest amount of screen time amongst all the regulars.
I just posted my new-found enjoyment for the show. I hope that's the case. I like Gibbs, Tony, McGee, Ducky, Abby, and Ziva (but slightly not as much). I hope it's not one of the folks I just mentioned.
Old 04-08-08, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Harmon is definitely not leaving the show. He had a feud with Don Bellisario, the creator of NCIS, and CBS replaced Bellisario as showrunner. That tells me they will do whatever it takes to keep him.
Old 04-09-08, 03:38 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by DJariya

Spoiler:
The final scene would seem to support this hypothesis... Which doesn't bother me either, since the "Frog" storyline really took her character as far as it could go.

I have to say I mostly liked the new episode. It seemed a little "off" for some reason, like there was a little rustiness coming back from the strike. I wonder if the two new characters are going to be back, like the germaphobic analyst and the female cop they seemed to setting up as a romantic interest for Tony.
Old 04-09-08, 06:06 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts
Last night was like having old friends over to visit. One of our top 5 must watch shows...
Old 04-15-08, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts
NCIS - "Dog Tags" - 04/15/08

Spoiler:
A dog mauls its owner to death---or so it's believed---but Abby sets out to prove that the animal is innocent. PO Erica Perelli: Rachel Kimsey. Lt. Cdr. David Warfield: Roger Cross. Lt. Matthew Sanchez: Jorge-Luis Pallo.
Old 04-15-08, 11:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Guess I should've gone with my original thought and started a general NCIS thread...

Anyway, good episode but
Spoiler:
it seems too obvious that Lauren Holly is the one who is leaving. I read in the current TV Guide that the cast member going is supposed to be a big surprise. Could it be David McCallum (Ducky)? Maybe he's the one who is sick...
Old 04-16-08, 07:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by TheMovieman
Guess I should've gone with my original thought and started a general NCIS thread...

Anyway, good episode but
Spoiler:
it seems too obvious that Lauren Holly is the one who is leaving. I read in the current TV Guide that the cast member going is supposed to be a big surprise. Could it be David McCallum (Ducky)? Maybe he's the one who is sick...
Well, now we should pretty well know
Spoiler:
that Lauren Holly is the one who is leaving, though it appears it may not be voluntary after the preview for next week's episode. I haven't seen all episodes of the show, but probably more than half. I really like the story arcs the show has, like the Ari/Kate/Gibbs, Ari/Ziva connection, Zivaisms, Tony/Jeanne, Gibbs retirement/return, occasional run-ins with Fornell and the FBI, La Grenouille, etc.

Enjoyed it, as always. Looking forward to next week's ep.
Old 04-16-08, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I always like an Abby-centric episode but the story seemed a bit "off," like they were reusing an old rejected script or something.
Old 04-16-08, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Well, the person leaving
Spoiler:
is going to be murdered, not die from some illness
so I don't really know what to make of that.

It seemed pretty obvious who the villain was when she kept insisting how she had to put the dog down.
Old 04-16-08, 04:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by the big train
It seemed pretty obvious who the villain was when she kept insisting how she had to put the dog down.
Well, the fact that Tim liked her was a dead giveaway. Love interests for any of the NCIS team are either A) dead or B) guilty.
Old 04-23-08, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Rather than starting a new thread, I thought I'd just bump this one...

Pretty good episode and a change of the formula as well.
Old 04-23-08, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 121 Posts
Originally Posted by TheMovieman
Rather than starting a new thread, I thought I'd just bump this one...

Pretty good episode and a change of the formula as well.
Per last night's episode, Internal Affairs, did I see a lower back tattoo on Cote de Pablo when she was hunched on Gibbs' boat with the cell phone? It seemed to be darker than just a shadow.

Old 04-23-08, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by wishbon3
Per last night's episode, Internal Affairs, did I see a lower back tattoo on Cote de Pablo when she was hunched on Gibbs' boat with the cell phone? It seemed to be darker than just a shadow.

I don't know, but I wouldn't mind getting another look.
Old 04-23-08, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

No, just Dimples of Venus, thank goodness.

Old 04-24-08, 01:43 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Big Train...bless you.
Old 04-24-08, 07:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 121 Posts
Originally Posted by aintnosin
Big Train...bless you.
Seconded.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.