TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

NCIS (CBS) --- Series Discussion Thread

Old 10-26-06, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by bigjim25
NCIS was a rerun last night
Thanks, I still have not been to my TIVO yet to check.
Old 02-14-07, 10:06 AM
Jim
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Ncis 2/13/2007

Was the guy in the picture that Tony's girlfriend deleted at the end of the show the detective that was killed in the shootout?
Old 02-14-07, 10:15 AM
Jim
DVD Talk Gold Edition

To answer my own question, I just found an NCIS newsgroup and apparently it was the same guy.
Old 02-14-07, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by Jim
Was the guy in the picture that Tony's girlfriend deleted at the end of the show the detective that was killed in the shootout?
Yes. I am getting a feeling this show is starting to go down. I do not have the excitement of watching it like I used to.
Old 02-14-07, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by leacha
Yes. I am getting a feeling this show is starting to go down. I do not have the excitement of watching it like I used to.
Same here. I lost interest fairly early on and even though I didn't change the channel, I can't really say what happened. I still like the humor in most of the episodes though.
Old 02-14-07, 12:28 PM

I imagine when they finally say what Tony's woman is about it will get more interesting. Something tells me there is some sort of story going on here.
Old 02-14-07, 08:43 PM

yea this show is not as good as the past 3 seasons of the show. season 3 was great but this show is not that good this season, i hope it gets more intresting as time goes on cause i love the cast, the writing just needs to pick up abit.
Old 05-23-07, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

NCIS 5/22/07 season finale

So, what did y'all think of the final reveal for the season finale? I had pieced it together earlier in the episode, so some of the steam had subsided when Tony was introduced to his future father-in-law. Jen's going to $#!+ a brick when she finds out. I wasn't all that interested in Jen's father being possibly alive (via the fingerprints on the glass).

The heroin sniffing scene was disgusting.
Old 05-23-07, 04:39 PM

Personally I hope they get a new director next year, not a big fan of the current one. I knew the whole Tony girlfriend story was related to the weapons dealer, just because how the story was evolving. Overall a good episode and nice cliffhanger.
Old 05-23-07, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I was really disappointed with this episode. I had been expecting all sorts of shit to come out (Season of Secrets?!?!?!?) and it's some lame hostage scenario. Naming that character "Jeanne Benoit" and the meeting with her mother just made that secret too obvious.

That scene was the grossest thing I've seen since the Dan Dority/Captain Turner fight on Deadwood.
Old 05-23-07, 05:25 PM

I thought it was pretty good, despite the fact that I wasn't really paying attention to the previous episode 2 weeks ago. I was in and out of the room and working on something else and only caught bits and pieces. I was able to keep up with last night's episode though and thought it had a good cliffhanger. I don't think they'll ever top Season 2's finale.
Old 05-23-07, 08:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Meh, pretty uneventful week for season finales so far. Don't get me wrong, I liked the episode a lot, it just didn't feel like a season finale.
Old 05-24-07, 06:46 AM

I hate to say it but they should have ended the show at season 3. This season (4) really showed a decline in Quality. Mark Harmon left and came back in a hurry because the show couldn't go on without him.
This is still one of the better shows on TV don't get me wrong and its nice to see that more & more people are watching the show but this season def. took a hit in Quality control, but things are looking up for the show because apparently Donald Bellisario is stepping down which could change things around for the better.
Donald's last minute script changes is probally the main reason for the Quality declining so hopefully Charles Floyd Johnson and Shane Brennan can make season 5 a knock-out season!
Old 05-24-07, 12:24 PM
Jim
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I liked the finale a lot. I thought it was a good reveal at the end. I didn't quite catch all the conversation on the plane so I didn't figure out what they were talking about when they were viewing the pictures of Tony and Jeanne. I like they way they have self contained episodes but are able to weave a thread throughout the season. It's ultimately just as satisfying as the serial dramas but easier to follow through the season.
Old 05-24-07, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by nateman241
I hate to say it but they should have ended the show at season 3. This season (4) really showed a decline in Quality. Mark Harmon left and came back in a hurry because the show couldn't go on without him.
This is still one of the better shows on TV don't get me wrong and its nice to see that more & more people are watching the show but this season def. took a hit in Quality control, but things are looking up for the show because apparently Donald Bellisario is stepping down which could change things around for the better.
Donald's last minute script changes is probally the main reason for the Quality declining so hopefully Charles Floyd Johnson and Shane Brennan can make season 5 a knock-out season!
I agree 100%. I started watching the show since S1E01 and haven't missed an episode until this season. The Gibbs arc of him leaving was good but the Tony and his girlfriend, and the Director plot I just didn't care for. Mark Harmon is the star of the show and everyone else is there to support his character and the story line.

As for the finale I didn't care for it. I hope the production changes are for the better and don’t drag the show down.
Old 10-09-07, 08:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Ncis - 10/9/07

I thought this was a very good ep with the interaction between Gibbs' women to be hilarious and the end was touching. Was the woman who played Gibbs' ex-wife the same one who played Toby's wife in The West Wing and Foreman's boss on House tonight?
Old 10-10-07, 09:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I liked this episode too.
I love all of Gibbs ex women (and one current) together comparing "the look".

McGee needs a short hair again - not liking the style now.
Old 10-10-07, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Is it just me or is the fucking music on this show the most finger-nails-on-a-blackboard irritating garbage ever produced? Seems to start every time they go to goth chick's lab.
Old 10-10-07, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by Flave
Is it just me or is the fucking music on this show the most finger-nails-on-a-blackboard irritating garbage ever produced? Seems to start every time they go to goth chick's lab.
Sometimes that is her lab music...she has a boombox blaring while she works...all a part of her gothy alternaschtick. Usually she makes a point of turning it down when visitors arrive; sometimes the visitors turn it down themselves; sometimes she/they let it blast; it depends on who it is and the circumstance.
Old 10-13-07, 10:56 AM

I thought this episode (“Ex-File”) & the previous week’s episode (“Family”) have been a ‘return to form’ of sorts for NCIS. I thought the fourth season took a dip in quality & wasn’t up to par as the first three seasons were, the last 2 episodes have been excellent, classic NCIS & I hope the high quality writing keeps up & doesn’t dip for awhile.

I’m glad we are getting back to more of Gibb’s past again. Harmon really wasn’t the main guy in NCIS last season; it was Weatherly’s show last year.
Old 10-30-07, 07:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live, Buffalo NY
Ncis 10/30

hmm, top secret ship
wanna take bets that "commander" was really CIA
Spoiler:
as in Clayton Webb since NCIS is in the same universe as JAG
Old 10-30-07, 09:33 PM

What an ending; didn't see that one coming. Smooth move how they faked out the Russkies. Explosion at the end was sobering; I guess everyone is expendable when it comes to protecting secrets.
Old 10-31-07, 12:57 PM

Great 100th episode!

I don’t care; anytime a cast of a TV show is stuck on an abandoned ship, it’s always good! The blowing up of the Ship at the very end was great and Gibbs saying, “I don’t think they did”, referring to McGee’s question was a good line.

The only thing that bugged me about this episode (and all episodes with…) was the overacting of Lauren Holly. With the exception of he character having a “past” with Gibbs; she could get kicked off the show tomorrow and I wouldn’t lose any sleep. Even when she's talking normal, she overacts.
Old 11-21-07, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

NCIS - 11/20 - "Lost and Found"

Storywise, not the greatest.

Spoiler:
C'mon you knew the father was innocent just because the son and mother were such nice people, you knew they'd never made the dad a bad guy

Still some great moments: McGee in the scout uniform and Abby's "babysitting" techniques.
Old 11-21-07, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

This is the first time I've watched one of these all the way through. Enjoyable, but has several gaping holes in the plot once you start thinking about it. For example, why didn't the NCIS people know about the satellite phone? They seem to have instant access to every other piece of personal information at their fingertips. A satphone is not exactly a minor thing they wouldn't bother to follow up on. Yet they were clueless to its existence until the kid called it.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.