Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

NCIS (CBS) --- Series Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-08, 08:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I can see the Lee plot be the continuing storyline this season. Of course with NCIS, the main focus will be on the individual cases (which I like) and the Lee story having a few bits and pieces and maybe 1 or 2 episodes where it is the focus.
Old 09-23-08, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts
I liked the episode overall. I don't know if they planned it this way, but I like that the Vance character will be a part of the cast and not an adversary to Gibbs.
Old 09-23-08, 11:25 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow.... our little lawyer turns out to have a brass pair after all. And Jimmy Palmer was sleeping with the enemy.

And the opening shot of Ziva.... Please let this season come out on Blu-ray!
Old 09-24-08, 07:56 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Due to a DVR glitch, I don't have the first half recorded, but I have the 2nd half (started manually). Could someone give me a synopsis of roughly the first 30 minutes so it makes sense. Thanks.
Old 09-24-08, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by OldDude
Due to a DVR glitch, I don't have the first half recorded, but I have the 2nd half (started manually). Could someone give me a synopsis of roughly the first 30 minutes so it makes sense. Thanks.
Wow, best season premiere I've seen out of the shows I watch this season so far.

I'm very pleased the reason behind Vance's actions in breaking up the team for the purpose he had, and his willingness to bring them back together. I like that guy.

I thought for sure once the McGee replacement guy was pulled to interrogation, and they left Lee and the other dude and he went snooping, the obvious plot line was that LaPaglia's character was the spy, and he was gonna use that opportunity to lure Lee away, detain/use her to escape or something. I totally didn't see the ending coming where the call Lee got at the end outed her as the spy to the viewers. Anyone think that, perhaps, Vance is in on it and he was the one that texted her? Just a though. He did, after all, shred something in his files in the season finale last year. Even if the file had something to do with his reason for breaking up the team, it's not like anyone else would snoop through his files. Anyway, just a thought. But I liked Vance's character following the permiere.

OldDude- Let's see if I can do this as best as I can from memory.

It opened with a damn sexy up close scene of Ziva in Morocco, on stage, in a hot revealing dress that showed much of her hotness, singing and dancing a little. She noticed a bunch of guys get up, leave, and a suitcase on the ground which then exploded. We saw Gibbs' new team fooling around, and the awkwardness that ensued when Gibbs enterred the floor and his desk. Gibbs returned a call, told them to grab their gear, and head out. They went to the crime scene where the guy in the US was killed, but I don't recall this scene very clearly.

Gibbs visited Abby, who told Gibbs it was some 126 days or so since the team had broken up, and gave Gibbs 14 days to get them back b/c she missed them. She had pictures of Ziva/McGee/Tony all over her lab. Back on the floor, the new team saw news footage of the explosion in Morocco and Ziva being rolled out on a cart to an ambulance, and someone in the team connected a US military guy to a guy that was killed in the explosion and Gibbs talks to Vance about the real reason, suspecting it wasn't just coincidence about a dead guy they were investigating was linked to a dead guy bombed in Morocco in a club Ziva was at.

Vance told him about intel they got gotten about a spy selling stuff, and that's why Ziva was sent back, McGee went to cyber crimes to crack 7 layers of encryption one of the guys' computer, and he had narrowed who the possible spy could be to 3- the 3 members of Gibbs new team and he hoped Gibbs would be able to tell someone about one of them wasn't right.
Old 09-24-08, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 121 Posts
I missed the opening with Cote...

EDIT: thank you youtube!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Dk5JJXckBGc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Dk5JJXckBGc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Last edited by wishbone; 09-24-08 at 11:06 AM.
Old 09-24-08, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
As soon as the key card was found in McGhee's replacement's bookpack, it all but cemented that Lee was the mole. It also answered a season-long mystery: How Palmer was pulling in all that monkey business with Lee - she did use him, and used him hard to build up her alibi with a weekly nookie session. I'm really hoping Gibbs lets her go to find a bigger fish upstream.
Old 09-24-08, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts
Originally Posted by GradVT06
Anyone think that, perhaps, Vance is in on it and he was the one that texted her? Just a though. He did, after all, shred something in his files in the season finale last year. Even if the file had something to do with his reason for breaking up the team, it's not like anyone else would snoop through his files. Anyway, just a thought. But I liked Vance's character following the permiere.
I don't know about that. Why would he ask her if anyone suspects? He's the director of NCIS and while he and Gibbs aren't buddy buddy or anything, I think if Gibbs suspected Lee, he would tell Vance.

I wonder if it's Ziva's father. Certainly would set up an interesting season finale confrontation. Eh, that doesn't make much sense either...
Old 09-25-08, 01:04 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by TheMovieman
I don't know about that. Why would he ask her if anyone suspects? He's the director of NCIS and while he and Gibbs aren't buddy buddy or anything, I think if Gibbs suspected Lee, he would tell Vance.

I wonder if it's Ziva's father. Certainly would set up an interesting season finale confrontation. Eh, that doesn't make much sense either...
Maybe it turns out that Jeane Bennois was the real mastermind of her daddy's organization and is out for revenge against Tony.

Or Jimmy Palmer is the guy on the other end.
Old 09-25-08, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by wishbone
I missed the opening with Cote...

EDIT: thank you youtube!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Dk5JJXckBGc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Dk5JJXckBGc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Was better watching in HD, but bless you very much!
Old 09-25-08, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by wildcatlh
it would be horrible for the show if they tried to go the 'House' route.
That's the route I thought they were going for. I'm glad they didn't. NCIS really came back last year after a disappointing fourth season. I missed the last couple of episodes of last season and didn't get around to watching the fifth season DVD before the season premiere, but I like Director Vance. It looks like he's going to be an interesting character.

NCIS did fantastic in the ratings...
Originally Posted by TheMovieman
8:00-9:00
1. “NCIS” (CBS) 17.72m
2. “House” (FOX) 12.14m
That's a 2.63m drop for House, M.D. I like both shows (I prefer House, M.D. a little more), but I like how NCIS has slowly been getting higher and higher ratings over the years. It only got 0.48 less than Dancing with the Stars.
Old 09-25-08, 07:19 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Was better watching in HD, but bless you very much!
Season 6 on Blu-ray. Please, please, please!
Old 09-26-08, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by nateman
That's the route I thought they were going for. I'm glad they didn't. NCIS really came back last year after a disappointing fourth season.
If you don't mind, can you explain? I've heard that several times, about a disappointing 4th season. I never watched any of the episodes in real time until last spring. I started watching from Yankee White when they began syndicating on USA, and since then I've caught every episode and have a pretty good grasp on the episodes within a season and smaller and season-long story arcs. What was it about Season 4 that made it below average? Just curious. Thanks!
Old 09-26-08, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you don't mind, can you explain? I've heard that several times, about a disappointing 4th season. I never watched any of the episodes in real time until last spring. I started watching from Yankee White when they began syndicating on USA, and since then I've caught every episode and have a pretty good grasp on the episodes within a season and smaller and season-long story arcs. What was it about Season 4 that made it below average? Just curious. Thanks!
I've lost this argument, but I really don't know. The fourth season just felt "off" and I couldn't really get into it. The storylines weren't as engaging and it didn't compare to the previous three seasons.
Old 09-27-08, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Very good premiere.

Ziva singing in Morocco was definitely a highlight of the episode.

I've read other message boards with alot of NCIS fans saying they were done with the show or refuse the watch the premiere because of this "new" team. I have to laugh at them now.

It was actually quite funny seeing all the computer geeks in the basement referring to McGee as "Boss."

Loved seeing Tony losing his mind on the USS Ronald Reagan.

I'm glad to see that Vance actually wasn't a dick after all and had a plan. Hopefully they will give Rocky Carroll more to do then Alan Dale and Lauren Holly.

Though annoying at times, Abby is still one of the most unique characters on the show.
Old 09-30-08, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk God

NCIS -- "Agent Afloat" -- 9/30/08

NCIS

Synopsis:

Spoiler:

The probe of a mysterious suicide aboard an aircraft carrier reveals it may be part of a bigger and deadlier plan. Capt. Richard Owens: Chris Mulkey. Taylor Henley: Eric Nenninger. Lt. Eduardo Almeida: James Martinez.

Old 09-30-08, 08:18 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts
Great ep with a terrific ending. Glad to see the team working together, even if it was long distance.
Old 10-01-08, 12:36 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Interesting. They changed his assignment from the very real U.S.S. Reagan to the very fictitious U.S.S. Seahawk (which appeared in several episodes of JAG). Guess the Navy didn't like them using a real carrier.

Good episode. Loved the Ziva/Tony dynamic in this one.
Old 10-01-08, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by aintnosin
Interesting. They changed his assignment from the very real U.S.S. Reagan to the very fictitious U.S.S. Seahawk (which appeared in several episodes of JAG). Guess the Navy didn't like them using a real carrier.

Good episode. Loved the Ziva/Tony dynamic in this one.
Agreed. Solid episode.
Old 10-01-08, 07:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
they also used old stock footage
I saw at least 1 F14 on the deck and I'm 99.9% sure F14s are no longer in service
Old 10-02-08, 11:20 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by mikehunt
they also used old stock footage
I saw at least 1 F14 on the deck and I'm 99.9% sure F14s are no longer in service
In fact, every U.S. F-14 was scrapped to avoid becoming a source of spare parts for Iran's F-14s.
Old 10-07-08, 02:15 AM
DVD Talk God

NCIS -- "Capitol Offense" -- 10/7/08

NCIS

Synopsis:

Spoiler:

Gibbs is contacted by a former Marine buddy, now a US Senator, who is implicated in the murder of a female Lieutenant Commander of the Navy.

Old 10-21-08, 05:00 AM
DVD Talk God

NCIS -- "Nine Lives" -- 10/21/08

NCIS

Synopsis:

Spoiler:

Gibbs' search for a marine's killer, who was found tortured to death in his garage, leads to an encounter with FBI agent Fornell (Joe Spano).

NCIS has been solid so far this season. Last week's episode with Gibbs reuniting with his Dad was probably one of the best episodes in the series next to Kate getting killed. Ralph Waite was perfectly casted as Gibbs Dad. As for tonight's episode, I always enjoy Gibbs encounters with Tobias.
Old 10-21-08, 08:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Looking forward to it as always... but I didn't like last week's episode at all. I liked the ending where they showed how Gibbs and his wife met and where he got his "list" from but that's about it. The episode just didn't work for me and it didn't seem real enough.
Old 10-21-08, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I loved last week's episode and I know I was not alone.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.