Streaming Talk The Place to talk about streaming video and audio

Netflix - News & Discussion

Old 09-04-19, 09:24 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Re: Netflix - News & Discussion

Originally Posted by DJLinus View Post
Netflix is doing a weekly release strategy for a couple of upcoming shows: https://www.complex.com/pop-culture/...of-all-at-once

Makes sense for a competition series, to help create buzz and anticipation for a finale. Though I'm used to Hulu doing weekly episode drops, Netflix pretty much created the binge model and I doubt they'll ever abandon it.
People are losing their minds because of this article. But even in the US we already have some shows, mainly foreign language shows, dropping weekly, so it's not even new to Netflix US. People complaining about "not being able to binge" are somehow missing the fact that these kinds of shows come out earlier than if they just held all the episodes back to dump at once.
Old 09-04-19, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

What's the best website that list's by year what Netflix has as far as complete tv seasons are concerned?
Old 09-06-19, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I am surprised no one is talking about Patty Jenkins setting up shop with Netflix. There has to be an interesting back-story as to why WB watched as one of their star players went to a streaming service instead of continuing to line up future films to work on. I think it is a safe bet that the sequel to Wonder Woman has a real shot at grossing 800m -1 billion (I really do believe it might crack a billion, if Captain Marvel did it WW can too) so it is a bit odd that she jumped ship.
Old 09-06-19, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by Inhumans99 View Post
I am surprised no one is talking about Patty Jenkins setting up shop with Netflix. There has to be an interesting back-story as to why WB watched as one of their star players went to a streaming service instead of continuing to line up future films to work on. I think it is a safe bet that the sequel to Wonder Woman has a real shot at grossing 800m -1 billion (I really do believe it might crack a billion, if Captain Marvel did it WW can too) so it is a bit odd that she jumped ship.
It's a TV deal. She's not "jumping ship". It's not the same as someone like Ryan Murphy or Shondra Rhimes who left their production deals with FX and ABC. She can still work on features.
Old 09-06-19, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by dvd-4-life View Post
What's the best website that list's by year what Netflix has as far as complete tv seasons are concerned?
https://instantwatcher.com/search?ge...t_type%5B%5D=3
Old 09-16-19, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

https://deadline.com/2019/09/seinfel...m_term=6431290

Seinfeld moving from Hulu to Netflix in 2021

will also be available in 4K
Old 09-16-19, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Costanza in 4K. We live in great times.
Old 09-16-19, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm curious to see Seinfeld in 4K, but I don't have that tier of Netflix. I'm hoping that with Disney+ including 4K at no extra charge (as Amazon Prime currently does for its original shows) it'll nudge Netflix to do the same to compete.
Old 09-16-19, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by DJLinus View Post
I'm curious to see Seinfeld in 4K, but I don't have that tier of Netflix. I'm hoping that with Disney+ including 4K at no extra charge (as Amazon Prime currently does for its original shows) it'll nudge Netflix to do the same to compete.
I'm pretty sure when they first announced it, they said Disney+ wouldn't have a separate tier for 4k.
Old 09-16-19, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa

I hope they keep the Yadda Yadda Yadda randomizer from Hulu.
Old 09-16-19, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I know more people have Netflix, but its been on Hulu for the last 3 years and in HD. People online are acting like this is such a huge deal. I guess no one watched it on Hulu or something?
Old 09-16-19, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I did! Only because I use Hulu way more than Netflix. That’s because we use the live TV option. My kids use Netflix way more. But if Netflix doesn’t drop the additional charge for 4K by the time Disney+ comes out, it’s adios to them.
Old 09-16-19, 04:25 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I'm at $16/month with them. Granted that's still not expensive, but the Ultra HD surcharge is kind of stupid considering Amazon doesn't charge extra for it as will Disney + not.