Streaming Talk The Place to talk about streaming video and audio

Netflix - News & Discussion

Old 04-25-19, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: Netflix - News & Discussion

Originally Posted by funkyryno View Post
I also read today that some analysts are predicting a drop of 8 million subscribers (ouch) once Disney fires up its service.
I will be one of them. Netflix has priced themselves out of a lot of long time subscribers.
Old 04-25-19, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by mphtrilogy View Post
Got my $16 letter increase today.... I have to see if my kids are alright with me dropping this every few months. After the summer I might cancel and then restart in December...
I told my kids we were dropping Netflix for a few months when Disney+ came out and they complained loudly... but oh well, there's enough kids content on Disney+ (and Amazon Prime) that they will barely miss it, and it'll be like a whole new thing after a few months off.
Old 04-25-19, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I have one HS and two college kids, so I am planning to have Netflix 5-6 Mos when they are home from College to Binge, DEC/JAN, MAY-AUG. I am planning to get the Disney+ service to counteract, and I have Amazon prime. We'll see if I can get this through without much anarchy..
Old 04-27-19, 08:20 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I don’t think Netflix realizes that it has trained its user so well to binge that there is no incentive for them not to just subscribe a month here and there to watch through whatever original content Netflix provides. They certainly don’t have much beyond that worth paying $12.99 monthly to see anymore, at least for my household.
Old 04-27-19, 12:33 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Originally Posted by dex14 View Post
What I've started doing is buying discounted giftcards off of ebay to counter the price increase. A few months back I got $120 worth for $60.
Well crap, how long has this been possible? Bought $60 worth for $27 and they added to my account just fine.
Old 04-27-19, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
Well crap, how long has this been possible? Bought $60 worth for $27 and they added to my account just fine.
As long as gift cards have been sold.

Some assume it is people who have stolen credit card numbers and buy gift cards with them to flip. That goes for any discount gift cards you see being sold. I don’t know that for certain so what are you gonna do? eBay covers you if they’re bad.
Old 04-27-19, 08:12 PM

Well booger. I’ve bought other gift cards on ebay, but either didn’t see or think thru these netflix ones. Will try not to think about the years of overpaying for Netflix.....
Old 05-03-19, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Any particular user you recommend. My buddy bought one, and the code didn't work for him. The seller hasn't returned his emails yet.
Old 05-03-19, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by mndtrp View Post
Any particular user you recommend. My buddy bought one, and the code didn't work for him. The seller hasn't returned his emails yet.
Iíve bought four from four different sellers. All sent me the code within an hour or two, and all worked. Two of the sellers were sangbin-64 and inxthexredx.
Old 05-06-19, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Iíve bought four from four different sellers. All sent me the code within an hour or two, and all worked. Two of the sellers were sangbin-64 and inxthexredx.
Thanks. I'll hunt them down.
Old 05-15-19, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

https://deadline.com/2019/05/cw-netf...ts-1202615561/

CW-Netflix SVOD deal will not be renewed.

New shows on The CW will be shopped to other services.

It says Batwoman will likely head to the new WB service
Old 05-15-19, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya View Post
CW-Netflix SVOD deal will not be renewed.
I watched a bunch of CW shows when they were on Hulu. But when they signed that exclusive deal with Netflix, I started missing episodes and eventually just gave up on them.

It would be nice if they ended up on a service (like Hulu) that streamed current CW episodes instead of waiting for the season to finish.
Old 05-15-19, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by TheBigDave View Post
I watched a bunch of CW shows when they were on Hulu. But when they signed that exclusive deal with Netflix, I started missing episodes and eventually just gave up on them.

It would be nice if they ended up on a service (like Hulu) that streamed current CW episodes instead of waiting for the season to finish.
The CW app still posts the episodes the day after they air. Only drawback is roughly 10 minutes worth of commercials that are added in. When it was on Hulu, you could watch them all commercial free.

Old 05-15-19, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...enewed-1211021

Just to clarify any confusion. Only new shows produced after 2018-19 will not automatically go to Netflix. They will be shopped. So Hulu or the new WB service could get them. Netflix can still pick and choose if they want them or not.

This article says shows like The Flash, Riverdale, Dynasty and such will stay on Netflix through their lifeline.
Old 05-16-19, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

If only they had a streaming service dedicated to DC properties that they could put stuff on. Nah, why do that?