Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

The complaining about Amazon thread

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

The complaining about Amazon thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-23, 02:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 723 Likes on 590 Posts
Re: The complaining about Amazon thread

I had a long streak where I never saw those adhesive stickers or papers inside the envelopes.
Old 02-25-23, 02:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 723 Likes on 590 Posts

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
I'm done with Amazon when it comes to physical media (4K, Blu-ray, etc.) - every time I prebook something, they bump the delivery until a couple weeks after release day. Best Buy, for all their issues, never fails to get me a title on street day, if not a day earlier. I'll still use Amazon for books, etc., but never again for physical media.

But you have to buy over $35 of items at BestBuy.com to get free shipping and only $25 at Amazon
Old 02-25-23, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 450 Likes on 308 Posts

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca
But you have to buy over $35 of items at BestBuy.com to get free shipping and only $25 at Amazon
Best Buy is free shipping for everything now: https://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?p=14217475
Old 02-25-23, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 551 Likes on 343 Posts

I stopped shopping at amazon months ago and cancelled Prime then. My brother received a $200 amazon gift card as part of his work bonus and he gave it to me. I used it to order a CD box set yesterday on my parents account since they still have Prime. It showed that I would get it today when ordering and when I tracked it earlier it said the driver was five stops away. Now it says there is a delay and to come back later for an update. Fucking idiots.
Old 03-07-23, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 182 Likes on 155 Posts

Pre ordered Rocky 4k box set about 6 weeks ago and still haven't received it even though the last time I looked it was available for next day delivery.
Old 03-07-23, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 182 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by stvn1974
I stopped shopping at amazon months ago and cancelled Prime then. My brother received a $200 amazon gift card as part of his work bonus and he gave it to me. I used it to order a CD box set yesterday on my parents account since they still have Prime. It showed that I would get it today when ordering and when I tracked it earlier it said the driver was five stops away. Now it says there is a delay and to come back later for an update. Fucking idiots.
Delayed (I get this a lot) usually means they lost or it,damaged it or delivered it to the wrong address .
Old 03-16-23, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,156 Likes on 902 Posts

Anyone else with Prime having issues with slow shipping? I seem to rarely get the two day shipping or even close.

I ordered an in-stock Blu-ray yesterday and it isn’t estimated to arrive until March 22nd which is five business days from me ordering.

It just irritates me a bit because that’s a selling point of Prime and Amazon hasn’t been delivering on it for a while now.
Old 03-16-23, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 435 Likes on 253 Posts

I can't say that I have seen that. But I also live in a high population area, the D.C. / Baltimore corridor. And AIUI, at there's least one big fullfillment center close to me.
Old 03-16-23, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 916 Likes on 676 Posts

No issues for me. Sometimes I can order something as late as 5-6pm and get it the next day.
Old 03-16-23, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 444 Likes on 311 Posts

Seems like more and more 3rd party sellers are taking over amazon.
What's more, not only do these sellers not play by the same rules sometimes (charging shipping for returns, or no returns, no free shipping, etc), amazon doesn't make it too apparent that it's a 3rd party you're buying from - they're kinda hiding that info more and more.
Old 03-16-23, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts

Originally Posted by slop101
Seems like more and more 3rd party sellers are taking over amazon.
What's more, not only do these sellers not play by the same rules sometimes (charging shipping for returns, or no returns, no free shipping, etc), amazon doesn't make it too apparent that it's a 3rd party you're buying from - they're kinda hiding that info more and more.
It's been in the same location for at least a couple of years - right under the price info on the right side (desktop - I do not use apps at all) - it's the first thing I look for/at:

3rd party that's shipped by Amazon ...:. 3rd party that ships themselves ...:. Amazon sold and shipped

The 3rd party shipped by Amazon also gets free returns w/free return shipping. The 3rd party sold/shipped likely doesn't have free returns or a prepaid return label (though they *might* refund return shipping).

I don't expect free shipping from a MP vendor unless it's "Fulfilled by Amazon." Some do it, most do not. If it's not a "Fulfilled by Amazon" shipment then I carefully look at the vendor's return policy before purchasing and weigh that against my desire to own the product for the listed price + shipping considering any such restrictions. I've still been burned a time or two and it's made me far more cautious with a "new to me" vendor causing me to ignore most of them.

I just wish Amazon offered a search filter that excludes all but Amazon as the vendor.

Last edited by BobO'Link; 03-16-23 at 12:14 PM.
Old 03-17-23, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by BobO'Link
I just wish Amazon offered a search filter that excludes all but Amazon as the vendor.
If it's "Fulfilled by Amazon" then they have to abide by the same return policies as Amazon, so the experience is essentially the same as buying from Amazon. Very easy to do returns for any reason, and usually free return shipping. So, for searching, just choose the Amazon Prime filter option.
Old 03-17-23, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 444 Likes on 311 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBang
If it's "Fulfilled by Amazon" then they have to abide by the same return policies as Amazon, so the experience is essentially the same as buying from Amazon. Very easy to do returns for any reason, and usually free return shipping. So, for searching, just choose the Amazon Prime filter option.
Not always - sometimes the details can be different, like proving free shipping on returns that aren't damaged, like, say, shoes that don't fit.
Old 03-18-23, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by slop101
Not always - sometimes the details can be different, like proving free shipping on returns that aren't damaged, like, say, shoes that don't fit.
That's why I said "usually". There are some items where return shipping isn't free, but on "Fulfilled by Amazon" orders, that's at the discretion of Amazon, not the 3rd-party seller, whose individual policies vary widely. For all intents and purposes, the policies and experience of "sold and shipped by Amazon" orders and "Fulfilled by Amazon" orders are identical. That's why, if you want to avoid varied and uncertain third-party seller policies, the "Prime" search filter checkbox is an effective filter for that.
Old 03-19-23, 11:35 AM

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Not really a complaint but finally had to, well chose to, cancel a small order due to multiple delays in shipping. It's only a cheap USB SD card reader (Transcend RDF5) but originally it was to be delivered no later than Wednesday the 15th then delayed to today and now upwards to the 28th of the month. I finally took the choice of simply cancelling the order. I admit the price was good but not if it never ships.
Old 03-26-23, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

This was a first for me. I've had Amazon delivery drivers drop off packages using their personal vehicles. But this time, the driver had their *child*, about 10 years old, wearing an Amazon vest, drop off the package. The girl got out of the car, ran up to my door, dropped off the package, then ran back to the car.
Old 03-26-23, 09:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 551 Likes on 343 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevin Phillips
This was a first for me. I've had Amazon delivery drivers drop off packages using their personal vehicles. But this time, the driver had their *child*, about 10 years old, wearing an Amazon vest, drop off the package. The girl got out of the car, ran up to my door, dropped off the package, then ran back to the car.
Did you leave the kid positive feedback so Bezos doesn't fire her?
Old 03-26-23, 09:41 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by stvn1974
Did you leave the kid positive feedback so Bezos doesn't fire her?
Yes. I did give her positive feedback.
Old 03-26-23, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

With so many newspapers going under, maybe Amazon delivery route is the new paper route.
Old 03-28-23, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBang
That's why I said "usually". There are some items where return shipping isn't free, but on "Fulfilled by Amazon" orders, that's at the discretion of Amazon, not the 3rd-party seller, whose individual policies vary widely. For all intents and purposes, the policies and experience of "sold and shipped by Amazon" orders and "Fulfilled by Amazon" orders are identical. That's why, if you want to avoid varied and uncertain third-party seller policies, the "Prime" search filter checkbox is an effective filter for that.
Which brings up a peeve I have about Amazon's search options.

Why can't I determine and default specific options? If you like specific settings for *every* search you must select them *every time* and there are times when those options just aren't available. That part I don't get at all... and it's all based on how you word the search. It's often better and easier to use Google for searching Amazon... and that's just a bad solution.
Old 03-29-23, 02:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 898 Likes on 722 Posts

Child labor! Underage exploitation! Quick, we need to shut down Amazon for exploiting our poor, abused children! Seriously, this would be a complete "What the FUCK" moment for me... It would be so unusual and unexpected, I'd probably take the time to call Amazon and ask about why this is allowed, or if not allowed, to fire that employee.

Is it possible the girl could have been a dwarf / midget?
Old 03-29-23, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 221 Likes on 177 Posts

Could have also just been a kid who wanted to spend some time doing what their parents do. I'd help out both of my parents at their jobs occasionally in order to spend time with them. Wouldn't have wanted them to get fired because someone misconstrued what looked like OMG CHILD LABOR!! For that matter, both of my kids sometimes go to my wife's work for a few hours, and sometimes help her out, too.

FWIW, I wouldn't have my kid deliver the package themselves. Ride along with me? Yeah, maybe.
The following users liked this post:
story (03-29-23)
Old 03-29-23, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 916 Likes on 676 Posts

If their other options were leave the child at home alone or pay the absurd price for child care, I'd probably do the same. I'm sure the child loved putting on the vest and acting like they were doing real work.
The following 2 users liked this post by Noonan:
Kevin Phillips (03-30-23), story (03-29-23)
Old 03-29-23, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,498 Posts

Originally Posted by Noonan
If their other options were leave the child at home alone or pay the absurd price for child care, I'd probably do the same. I'm sure the child loved putting on the vest and acting like they were doing real work.
If so I'm glad they didn't deliver to zyzzle's house.

On a side note they're going to start putting a warning message on stuff that is returned a lot:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/techn...ts/ar-AA19bKHV
Old 03-29-23, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,027 Likes on 726 Posts

^Interesting. Although, the product they mention in the article doesn't seem to exist on the amazon website.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.