Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

The complaining about Amazon thread

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

The complaining about Amazon thread

Old 11-19-22, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 65 Likes on 54 Posts
Re: The complaining about Amazon thread

More Echo/Amazon Music issues....
(yes, for my last one, when I requested the exact name of the song I knew I had, and it wasn't a weird name or some weird rights issue, it did play it.)

I used to be able to say "Alexa, play my music" or "Alexa, play my music from my library" and it would shuffle my entire Amazon music library (probably ~15k-20k songs, including a couple thousand that were purchased either digitally or via AutoRip from Amazon). Next, 'play song title' or 'play artist' all worked.

For the last few days -
"Alexa, play my music" returns "Sorry, I can't reach Amazon music right now" or "Sorry, I couldn't find any songs for you."
When I go to Amazon Music on the web (which I hate), it shows me my songs in "Songs", but under "Artists" and "Albums", it says 'You have not purchased any songs yet." If I go to Purchased, there's a big list of songs that I have purchased, including my last Autorip from a couple weeks ago.

I don't know if this is connectivity (my internet elsewhere is great, and Echo responds to other commands), Amazon Music server, or Amazon changing the commands or even worse, doing something with people's libraries. Anyone have this same problem, or suggestions?
If they remove the ability to play 'my' music, that would really suck. That's probably 80% of what I use Echos for (the remaining 20% is weather, shopping list, Jeopardy, home announcements, and the occasional video chat.)
Old 11-19-22, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 112 Likes on 90 Posts

I've noticed since the last PC app update when playing songs in library it will only play 1 song. Does not keep playing through my library like it used to do. Only 1 song and I have to push play on next song. Can't do shuffle or anything as it only plays 1 song. So odd. Hoping they fix that soon.
Old 11-21-22, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 220 Likes on 167 Posts

I have an issue with my Amazon Visa Card points and gift card balance.

I called this morning to Amazon when I made a purchase using my earned points only, but to also have my gift card balance depleted by that purchase. I had earned around 35 dollars plus change in Amazon points this month from my credit card. I pre-ordered a movie this morning that came out to 27.12 after taxes. This left me with a balance of 8 dollars and change in earned points to spend. However, it also took the 9 dollars and one cent that I had in gift card balance despite selecting to have my payment come entirely from my points and not involve my gift card balance at all. I spent at least 20 minutes on the phone with Amazon this morning and told them that this could be a huge issue if they are depleting people's gift card balance on top of using their earned points for purchases. The CSR told me that this was a technical issue that they are working to fix. Well, how many purchases has this affected? Why am I currently out 9 dollars for an item that shouldn't be paid for from that balance. So, I'm potentially paying 36.13 for an item that should be 27.12 total. This isn't the first time I noticed my gift card balance disappearing when making purchases using points. I would suggest looking into your accounts if you feel like something similar has happened.
Old 11-21-22, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,302 Likes on 1,018 Posts

Originally Posted by tonyc3742 View Post
More Echo/Amazon Music issues....
(yes, for my last one, when I requested the exact name of the song I knew I had, and it wasn't a weird name or some weird rights issue, it did play it.)

I used to be able to say "Alexa, play my music" or "Alexa, play my music from my library" and it would shuffle my entire Amazon music library (probably ~15k-20k songs, including a couple thousand that were purchased either digitally or via AutoRip from Amazon). Next, 'play song title' or 'play artist' all worked.

For the last few days -
"Alexa, play my music" returns "Sorry, I can't reach Amazon music right now" or "Sorry, I couldn't find any songs for you."
When I go to Amazon Music on the web (which I hate), it shows me my songs in "Songs", but under "Artists" and "Albums", it says 'You have not purchased any songs yet." If I go to Purchased, there's a big list of songs that I have purchased, including my last Autorip from a couple weeks ago.

I don't know if this is connectivity (my internet elsewhere is great, and Echo responds to other commands), Amazon Music server, or Amazon changing the commands or even worse, doing something with people's libraries. Anyone have this same problem, or suggestions?
If they remove the ability to play 'my' music, that would really suck. That's probably 80% of what I use Echos for (the remaining 20% is weather, shopping list, Jeopardy, home announcements, and the occasional video chat.)
I haven't experienced anything like that, though I also haven't played music that's not spotify on alexa recently.

The recent layoffs have apparently gutted (or are about to gut) the alexa division so I'm curious what happens with it.
Old 11-21-22, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 952 Likes on 692 Posts

Originally Posted by stvn1974 View Post
My brother placed an amazon order a few days ago to be delivered to me today. Yep, it hasn't even been shipped yet.
You should tell your family you want absolutely nothing from Amazon because it always goes to shit with something arriving 1 day or two late and you'll disown them for ruining your life.