Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

The complaining about Amazon thread

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

The complaining about Amazon thread

Old 11-19-22, 02:39 PM
  #1926  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Triangle, NC, USA
Posts: 9,311
Received 65 Likes on 54 Posts
Re: The complaining about Amazon thread

More Echo/Amazon Music issues....
(yes, for my last one, when I requested the exact name of the song I knew I had, and it wasn't a weird name or some weird rights issue, it did play it.)

I used to be able to say "Alexa, play my music" or "Alexa, play my music from my library" and it would shuffle my entire Amazon music library (probably ~15k-20k songs, including a couple thousand that were purchased either digitally or via AutoRip from Amazon). Next, 'play song title' or 'play artist' all worked.

For the last few days -
"Alexa, play my music" returns "Sorry, I can't reach Amazon music right now" or "Sorry, I couldn't find any songs for you."
When I go to Amazon Music on the web (which I hate), it shows me my songs in "Songs", but under "Artists" and "Albums", it says 'You have not purchased any songs yet." If I go to Purchased, there's a big list of songs that I have purchased, including my last Autorip from a couple weeks ago.

I don't know if this is connectivity (my internet elsewhere is great, and Echo responds to other commands), Amazon Music server, or Amazon changing the commands or even worse, doing something with people's libraries. Anyone have this same problem, or suggestions?
If they remove the ability to play 'my' music, that would really suck. That's probably 80% of what I use Echos for (the remaining 20% is weather, shopping list, Jeopardy, home announcements, and the occasional video chat.)
Old 11-19-22, 03:06 PM
  #1927  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
b2net's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 5,823
Received 112 Likes on 90 Posts
Re: The complaining about Amazon thread

I've noticed since the last PC app update when playing songs in library it will only play 1 song. Does not keep playing through my library like it used to do. Only 1 song and I have to push play on next song. Can't do shuffle or anything as it only plays 1 song. So odd. Hoping they fix that soon.
Old 11-21-22, 10:03 AM
  #1928  
DVD Talk Legend
 
dsa_shea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Posts: 21,689
Received 220 Likes on 167 Posts
Re: The complaining about Amazon thread

I have an issue with my Amazon Visa Card points and gift card balance.

I called this morning to Amazon when I made a purchase using my earned points only, but to also have my gift card balance depleted by that purchase. I had earned around 35 dollars plus change in Amazon points this month from my credit card. I pre-ordered a movie this morning that came out to 27.12 after taxes. This left me with a balance of 8 dollars and change in earned points to spend. However, it also took the 9 dollars and one cent that I had in gift card balance despite selecting to have my payment come entirely from my points and not involve my gift card balance at all. I spent at least 20 minutes on the phone with Amazon this morning and told them that this could be a huge issue if they are depleting people's gift card balance on top of using their earned points for purchases. The CSR told me that this was a technical issue that they are working to fix. Well, how many purchases has this affected? Why am I currently out 9 dollars for an item that shouldn't be paid for from that balance. So, I'm potentially paying 36.13 for an item that should be 27.12 total. This isn't the first time I noticed my gift card balance disappearing when making purchases using points. I would suggest looking into your accounts if you feel like something similar has happened.
Old 11-21-22, 11:32 AM
  #1929  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 40,138
Received 1,302 Likes on 1,018 Posts
Re: The complaining about Amazon thread

Originally Posted by tonyc3742 View Post
More Echo/Amazon Music issues....
(yes, for my last one, when I requested the exact name of the song I knew I had, and it wasn't a weird name or some weird rights issue, it did play it.)

I used to be able to say "Alexa, play my music" or "Alexa, play my music from my library" and it would shuffle my entire Amazon music library (probably ~15k-20k songs, including a couple thousand that were purchased either digitally or via AutoRip from Amazon). Next, 'play song title' or 'play artist' all worked.

For the last few days -
"Alexa, play my music" returns "Sorry, I can't reach Amazon music right now" or "Sorry, I couldn't find any songs for you."
When I go to Amazon Music on the web (which I hate), it shows me my songs in "Songs", but under "Artists" and "Albums", it says 'You have not purchased any songs yet." If I go to Purchased, there's a big list of songs that I have purchased, including my last Autorip from a couple weeks ago.

I don't know if this is connectivity (my internet elsewhere is great, and Echo responds to other commands), Amazon Music server, or Amazon changing the commands or even worse, doing something with people's libraries. Anyone have this same problem, or suggestions?
If they remove the ability to play 'my' music, that would really suck. That's probably 80% of what I use Echos for (the remaining 20% is weather, shopping list, Jeopardy, home announcements, and the occasional video chat.)
I haven't experienced anything like that, though I also haven't played music that's not spotify on alexa recently.

The recent layoffs have apparently gutted (or are about to gut) the alexa division so I'm curious what happens with it.
Old 11-21-22, 11:57 AM
  #1930  
DVD Talk Hero
 
TomOpus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 38,472
Received 952 Likes on 692 Posts
Re: The complaining about Amazon thread

Originally Posted by stvn1974 View Post
My brother placed an amazon order a few days ago to be delivered to me today. Yep, it hasn't even been shipped yet.
You should tell your family you want absolutely nothing from Amazon because it always goes to shit with something arriving 1 day or two late and you'll disown them for ruining your life.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.