Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 10-27-17, 12:15 PM   #701

Re: The complaining about Amazon thread

Am I the only one having issues when returning things to Amazon? I don't do it often but the few times that I have really haven't been pleasant at all.

Earlier in the year I ordered an item I ended up returning for a refund. Sent it back, forgot about it for about a week or so when I realized I still hadn't been refunded. I e-mailed CS and was told the item had indeed arrived back to them (tracking later showed me it had arrived 3-4 DAYS before I emailed them) but there was an "issue processing the refund back to the card", and I was immediately given my refund. I was infuriated. What's the deal? What would have happened if I hadn't reached out to them?

Last week I ordered a multi-disc box set. It arrived and the artwork and box were damaged, so I received a return slip. They sent me a replacement and that too was damaged. I ended up getting a return slip for that and sent the two packages back to them. I opted for the refund in the form of credit to my Amazon account because of the fiasco last time. Oddly enough, when I went back into my account, I didn't even have the option to track the packages I sent out. After last time I wanted to stay on top of its progress in case there was another "issue". I e-mailed customer service and was told that they saw the packages had been sent and that I should be able to track them soon. That never happened. A few days ago I get an e-mail saying that my return (the first package) had been received and that everything was complete since my replacement was already sent. That was fine, but what about my second package - the 'replacement' set I was supposed to get the refund for? Yesterday I e-mailed them expressing further confusion (and a bit of frustration) and I was told that they received that package on the 24th - TWO DAYS AGO. They could offer no explanation why I wasn't refunded or notified of that second package's arrival, but they immediately issued the credit to my Amazon account.

What is the deal? Stuff like this shouldn't be constantly happening. It's so unprofessional, and Amazon are making themselves out to look like a bunch of crooks.
Old 10-27-17, 12:35 PM   #702

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjh_54 View Post
Am I the only one having issues when returning things to Amazon? I don't do it often but the few times that I have really haven't been pleasant at all.

Earlier in the year I ordered an item I ended up returning for a refund. Sent it back, forgot about it for about a week or so when I realized I still hadn't been refunded. I e-mailed CS and was told the item had indeed arrived back to them (tracking later showed me it had arrived 3-4 DAYS before I emailed them) but there was an "issue processing the refund back to the card", and I was immediately given my refund. I was infuriated. What's the deal? What would have happened if I hadn't reached out to them?

Last week I ordered a multi-disc box set. It arrived and the artwork and box were damaged, so I received a return slip. They sent me a replacement and that too was damaged. I ended up getting a return slip for that and sent the two packages back to them. I opted for the refund in the form of credit to my Amazon account because of the fiasco last time. Oddly enough, when I went back into my account, I didn't even have the option to track the packages I sent out. After last time I wanted to stay on top of its progress in case there was another "issue". I e-mailed customer service and was told that they saw the packages had been sent and that I should be able to track them soon. That never happened. A few days ago I get an e-mail saying that my return (the first package) had been received and that everything was complete since my replacement was already sent. That was fine, but what about my second package - the 'replacement' set I was supposed to get the refund for? Yesterday I e-mailed them expressing further confusion (and a bit of frustration) and I was told that they received that package on the 24th - TWO DAYS AGO. They could offer no explanation why I wasn't refunded or notified of that second package's arrival, but they immediately issued the credit to my Amazon account.

What is the deal? Stuff like this shouldn't be constantly happening. It's so unprofessional, and Amazon are making themselves out to look like a bunch of crooks.
I know. They're getting to be a real pain in the ass. I've emailed the idiots 3 times today because they can't seem to understand that I want to know why my order that was supposed to arrive today is still sitting in the motherfucking warehouse.

Quote:
As you can see on our website, the current availability of the Earth Defense Force 3 PORTABLE Play Station (R) Vita the Best"
is listed as "Usually dispatched within 4-5 business days. This means it usually takes up to that time to receive the item from our supplier and to dispatch the item. Occasionally, it can take longer. The delivery time is not the same as the availability estimate.

When you place an order with us for a product that we don't have in stock, such as products where the availability on our product detail page states that it is "usually dispatched within 1 week, we endeavor to source that product for you from our suppliers, and we expect to be able to dispatch your order within that time frame.

Once we receive an item it is dispatched according to the method you specify. We rely on the suppliers for up-to-date information regarding the availability of this item and unfortunately, that's all we have to go by.

We expect to dispatch your order in next 4-5 business days. Please write back to us and I assure you that we will waive the shipping charges.

When we dispatch it from our FulfillmentCentree, we'll send you an e-mail confirming the date, contents and method of delivery.
1. It was a martketplace seller fulfilled by Amazon. They're not waiting on a "supplier," processing or whatever.

2. The item page stated IN STOCK the day I ordered it.

3. "Dispatch?" did my email go to the fucking European offices?????
Old 10-27-17, 03:41 PM   #703

Fucking cocksuckers! Now I get an automated email from Amazon that says "We're encountering a delay in shipping your order." It was a simple marketplace fulfilled item that had no indication of delays on the listing. They either have the fucking thing or they don't. They've wasted 3 goddamn days of my time, and now it's the weekend. As a Prime member, this is un-fucking-acceptable.
Old 10-27-17, 07:00 PM   #704
DVD Talk Special Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjcool View Post
I find that very hard to believe, and highly unlikely.
I've set forth the facts, so believe what you want. Some people believe the world is flat.

Amazon's site and my Amazon account shows what they show. Amazon still has the books I ordered in stock, it has not shipped them yet, and my gift card balance is down to the exact amount that can only be explained by Amazon charging my balance for the books it hasn't shipped yet.

At this stage, I believe it's highly unlikely Amazon is going to deliver those books.
Old 10-28-17, 09:47 AM   #705
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm normally an Amazon cheerleader, I have Fire TV, an Echo and several Kindles but damn have they gotten shitty lately. Every single one of my last several orders have been late. My latest order takes the fucking cake. Something I absolutely had to have by yesterday so I paid an extra $3.99 for next day shipping AND I didn't want any excuses about not being able to deliver so I chose an Amazon locker a few blocks from my house.

At 730 pm it was updated to couldn't deliver, business closed due to a holiday. Excuse me?? It's a fucking 7-11 and even if there was a holiday they never close and even if they did it's in the parking lot not the store!!

They're going to lose me if this keeps up and I've been paying for Prime for ten years.
Old 10-28-17, 10:06 AM   #706
DVD Talk Hero

This is a first... I had gotten a notice that my package was delivered, went home, no package!

I was about to complain to them, then I saw a box in my back yard leaning on my sliding glass door - the amazon delivery guy (it was amazon's own delivery service and not UPS or Fed.Ex.) went into my back yard and put the package there. Not that I have a problem with that, but they've have NEVER done that before. I'm sure it's so someone doesn't steal it from my porch - but that has never been an issue, nor is it an issue in my neighborhood. Further, I'm just glad the package wasn't records, because the back of my house is under direct sunlight for the entire day - a record being there would've been badly damaged.
Old 11-04-17, 11:22 PM   #707
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just a followup on my little Amazon saga.

Got my movies and got my books... arrived on the same day by mail.

Not sure how that worked out as the movies shipped at least a week before the books, and I didn't get a notice the books had shipped until 3 days before they arrived.

Thankful I got my books... but it doesn't change my opinion that the Amazon fulfillment process is whacked.
Old 11-05-17, 12:57 AM   #708

More fuckery. I ordered a BD early Saturday. The confirmation email claims it's arriving Monday, which isn't possible since it hasn't shipped yet and parcel services refuse to join the rest of us in the 21st fucking century and operate 7 days a week. I have a feeling I'll be bitching about this one too, just on principle.
Old 11-05-17, 12:03 PM   #709
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Today is Sunday and my order of cat food shows that it should be delivered today. We will see.
Old 11-11-17, 12:20 PM   #710

So now Amazon is trying to sell Prime members a fucking Prime Pantry membership on top of Prime itself, and there's STILL a minimum for free shipping from the pantry. WHAT THE FUCK!?
Old 11-12-17, 07:52 PM   #711

This has to be a new one.

I ordered a CD (yes I still buy CDs) brand new. $10.99, sold by Amazon. It arrived today, and when I didn't see the white security seal on top I thought maybe I got a pressing from Europe or elsewhere, but it was made here in the US. Upon opening the jewel case I noticed how flimsy it felt compared to standard jewel cases - a dead giveaway that it was in a replacement case. I was annoyed but I could get past it.

Then I opened the case. I was clearly sent a used CD! Looking at the disc I could see tiny scratches, I could also see very faint (but present) swirls around the entire disc, an indication that it had been run through a resurfacing machine. How does this happen? How does Amazon themselves sell me a clearly used disc as new? I'm pissed. I could have easily gone to another site and bought it used for $3.
Old 11-13-17, 06:50 AM   #712

Quote:

I ordered a CD (yes I still buy CDs) brand new. $10.99, sold by Amazon. It arrived today, and when I didn't see the white security seal on top I thought maybe I got a pressing from Europe or elsewhere, but it was made here in the US. Upon opening the jewel case I noticed how flimsy it felt compared to standard jewel cases - a dead giveaway that it was in a replacement case. I was annoyed but I could get past it.

Then I opened the case. I was clearly sent a used CD! Looking at the disc I could see tiny scratches, I could also see very faint (but present) swirls around the entire disc, an indication that it had been run through a resurfacing machine. How does this happen? How does Amazon themselves sell me a clearly used disc as new? I'm pissed. I could have easily gone to another site and bought it used for $3.
I was going to say "report all of this to them and return it at their expense" but then I was reminded of your previous post about problems with returns. In light of this I would call them and get seriously sideways with them, mention this problem AND your past problems. You'll probably get the CD for free as a result.
Old 11-13-17, 11:04 AM   #713
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:

Did you buy it from a Marketplace Seller fulfilled by Amazon? Amazon does not sell used merchandise directly.

There's more to this.
Old 11-13-17, 06:42 PM   #714
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
That's weird. I've never had any problems with returns. I always get the refund as soon as UPS scans the package as being in their possession.

I still think you should go through the returns process with your used CD thing.
Old 11-14-17, 12:26 AM   #715

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why So Blu? View Post
Did you buy it from a Marketplace Seller fulfilled by Amazon? Amazon does not sell used merchandise directly.

There's more to this.
This is what baffles me. It did not come from an Amazon-fulfilled Marketplace seller. When I opened it I double checked my order info to make sure I didn't accidentally go with a Marketplace Seller FBA. I've had too many issues in the past with Marketplace Sellers selling re-shrink wrapped discs trying to pass them off as brand new, so I save myself the headache and seek out items shipped from and sold directly from Amazon, even if they aren't the cheapest option (which was exactly what happened here).

The more I think about it, I'm almost wondering if this particular copy was returned to Amazon by someone and somehow got overlooked since it was technically shrink wrapped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
That's weird. I've never had any problems with returns. I always get the refund as soon as UPS scans the package as being in their possession.

I still think you should go through the returns process with your used CD thing.
I usually get the refunds immediately as well, it was especially weird since I asked for a credit on my Amazon account rather than a refund to my card since there were other things I wanted to buy. It sucks that in both instances I had to be the one to reach out and ask about the refunds in order to get them applied, but at least they sorted them out quickly. It also sucks that in the last case I wasn't able to track the return package. At least now I know that even though I shouldn't have to, I need to stay on top of tracking if I have to do a return again.

As far as the CD goes, I initially had requested a return and refund, but I canceled that and had them ship me a replacement copy of the album. We'll see on Wednesday if the replacement I get is truly brand new. If it's not, they'll be getting a nice e-mail from me.

Last edited by rjh_54; 11-14-17 at 12:51 AM.
Old 11-15-17, 03:58 PM   #716

Just an update! I got my replacement copy today and this one was even worse. I opened it to check it out and of course, the disc was used. This one, however, didn't look like it had been cleaned. The booklet had clearly been handled before and the back insert has minor wrinkling, possibly water damage? There are also spots on the back insert under the disc tray that could possibly be mold? I'm pissed. I sent them a nice little e-mail. Let's see what they have to say.

**EDIT** They responded almost instantly. I was told that they'd look into it, that they don't want me to send the replacement back and that they'd give me a credit on my Amazon account. Since they apparently don't spend more than 30 seconds reading their e-mails, they didn't specify whether or not I need to send the first copy back, but I have the return label for that already so I'm going to just send that one back to avoid a screw-up that results in me being charged for not sending that first one back.

Last edited by rjh_54; 11-15-17 at 05:57 PM.
Old 11-15-17, 04:01 PM   #717
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBang View Post

Same. I ordered two XB1X's by mistake. I had a refund email from Amazon before I got home from dropping it off at the UPS store.