Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

The complaining about Amazon thread

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

The complaining about Amazon thread

Old 02-14-21, 09:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 422 Likes on 313 Posts
Re: The complaining about Amazon thread

Originally Posted by The Cow View Post
Only US Mail is allowed in a mailbox. Amazon folks should NOT be putting packages in there.
Yes, it is illegal to leave things in a mailbox if you're not a postman. So UPS, FedEx, and Amazon's "gig" couriers can't leave things in your mailbox. You also can't walk up to someone's house and leave a birthday card in their mailbox.
Old 02-17-21, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 173 Likes on 130 Posts

Hey, is it also "illegal" to drop off things in a mail slot (eg, built into the front door) if you're not a postman?? As in, you don't have a traditional mail box. In the stupid and foolish things dept, WHY THE HELL DOES IT MATTER??
Old 02-17-21, 10:31 PM
Premium Member

Received 136 Likes on 98 Posts

Mail slots in residential doors are not covered under postal policy or the statute, because they provide direct access into the home itself.
Old 02-21-21, 02:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man View Post
Yes, it is illegal to leave things in a mailbox if you're not a postman. So UPS, FedEx, and Amazon's "gig" couriers can't leave things in your mailbox. You also can't walk up to someone's house and leave a birthday card in their mailbox.
Anything that is left by someone else for delivery can be picked a mail carrier and required postage be paid for its return.
Old 02-22-21, 11:04 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Not really a complaint but I ordered three items from Amazon late last week. Two showed Sunday delivery and one on Monday (today). I was given the option to have them all show up Today so i selected that. Nope, two items, in separate packages, showed up via USPs Sunday afternoon. I felt like a celebrity having my own personal Mail truck deliver my goodies! I have to admit this may have been the first time I've had delivery on a Sunday.
Old 02-23-21, 05:53 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 66 Likes on 51 Posts

No complaints from me this time:

Ordered three items on Sunday, Feb 21. Scheduled delivery was for Saturday, Feb 27. I don't have Prime.

Received them today - Tuesday, Feb 23. Shipping box/packaging was fantastic and the delivery person hid the box in a good spot on my patio.

Old 02-25-21, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

A preorder that has been open for three months has always shown a release day delivery of Feb 26 on the order page. Just got an email that it has shipped and will be delivered March 1.
Old 03-04-21, 06:09 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Staying in an RV resort for two months, so using a temporary address. I'm not really sure what the point of having delivery instructions or phone numbers on the order page if their delivery guys don't use them. I've had 3 out of 4 packages get returned as undeliverable, yet the address I'm using pops up perfectly on google maps, and I left detailed instructions just in case. And trying to use their Customer Service to clear this up has been a joke. They just reattempt the delivery without changing a thing and it still gets sent back.