Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

The complaining about Amazon thread

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

The complaining about Amazon thread

Old 03-20-20, 07:07 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts
Re: The complaining about Amazon thread

^ I'm sure your reply wasn't even read by a real person, just some damn AI algorithm. So, it's useless to try to state your case with that wall in front of you. Hence why you simply got a "rewording" jarble of platitudes as your reply. Don't worry about it, and hold Amazon in righteous indignation as you place any future orders. Order only essentials. All they care about is getting your money. They're fucking devils.
The following users liked this post:
Norm de Plume (03-25-20)
Old 03-20-20, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It's true, there's no human touch or understanding. There hasn't been for at least a decade. I did come to the realization that I was probably trying to reason with an automated response program.

I could imagine being an elderly person living out in the sticks on a fixed income. You depend on this company for affordable essentials and suddenly you are cut off from your biggest supply source. It's scary to know they've put so many small town shops out of business (if Wal-Mart hadn't already) and then some algorithm might potentially shut out a customer permanently for making a handful of legitimate returns.
The following users liked this post:
Norm de Plume (03-25-20)
Old 03-24-20, 06:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I ordered a bunch of Blu-rays and CDs today Tues March 24 and none of them have any preorders and the estimate shipping date is May 1-2

I assume they don't have priority with people buying essential items with the Corona-virus pandemic and those items getting priority?

Old 03-24-20, 08:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

^ Correct. Folks wanting physical media items will have to wait a month or two. They are not essential items. Even on a select few items - there may be a longer than usual wait time.
Old 03-25-20, 06:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Not a complaint by any means yet wanted to mention the No Rush Shipping Credit is also suspended as they adjust to priority items. I mentioned this as an awareness not to complain.
Old 03-25-20, 07:00 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by b2net View Post
Not a complaint by any means yet wanted to mention the No Rush Shipping Credit is also suspended as they adjust to priority items. I mentioned this as an awareness not to complain.
Well it turns out that some items do still have No Rush Shipping as an option and also have increased the amount to $3.

​​​​​
Old 03-28-20, 10:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For those who have complained about or received the famous/infamous lack of packing in an Amazon shipment, my latest Staples external hard drive arrived in a similar package. Luckily being lightweight, yet not a SSD, it arrived fine. Largish box with one air pillow (better than some Amazon packing I know) floating in the box.
Old 03-30-20, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by b2net View Post
Well it turns out that some items do still have No Rush Shipping as an option and also have increased the amount to $3.

​​​​​
In Canada we get a much shittier option. Either wait a month for shipping, or pay $4 to get it shipped at a normal time. The benefits of Prime...